Wilson gets booed in Denver

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
By frustrated Bronco fans. His 3 yards rushing in two weeks was something we tried to tell Denver fans regarding his lack of mobility but no….
They had to see it for themselves. Just lmao 🤣

toffee

Reaction score
I must confess that I was shocked for the first 3 quarters of Texans game, Russ was completing less than 30% of his throws, that almost never happened here. And being booed, that also not something 12s will do when he was wearing our uniform.

Sounded like the whole Lumen field chanted Geno Geno did something to Russ, he is sensitive or Pete didn't have to protect him the way Pete did, the chanting may done something quite lasting.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Fine, just do it in the NFL forum, not the Main Seahawks Forum. 🤷‍♂️

I agree (and with great joy) that talk about Russell Wilson doesn't belong in the Seattle Seahawks Football forum. It should be in the NFL Nation forum.

I hope this thread will be moved to the appropriate forum by one of our moderators.

And as long as I'm here, let me just enjoy the fact that Wilson had a noticeably lower completion percentage, passer rating, and QBR than Geno Smith. Not because I think Smith is going to be good or something, because I don't. Nearly the opposite, in fact. I see Smith as a stopgap, a placeholder. I think he might suck less than a lot of my fellow Seahawks fans do, but I don't expect him even to have been an average NFL QB by the time the season is over. Below-average but not awful is fine with me for this season. And I'm glad it won't be a potential Seahawks "QB of the Future" who will take the punishment of playing with two rookie tackles this season. But the point is that the stopgap played better yesterday against one of the top defenses in the league than the quarter-billion-dollar man played against one of the worst.

I dislike the Broncos and The Teeth, and I wish them all kinds of failure and frustration. I'm hoping they'll deeply regret giving Wilson that extension, and the sooner the horror sets in for them, the better.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I agree (and with great joy) that talk about Russell Wilson doesn't belong in the Seattle Seahawks Football forum. It should be in the NFL Nation forum.

I hope this thread will be moved to the appropriate forum by one of our moderators.

And as long as I'm here, let me just enjoy the fact that Wilson had a noticeably lower completion percentage, passer rating, and QBR than Geno Smith. Not because I think Smith is going to be good or something, because I don't. Nearly the opposite, in fact. I see Smith as a stopgap, a placeholder. I think he might suck less than a lot of my fellow Seahawks fans do, but I don't expect him even to have been an average NFL QB by the time the season is over. Below-average but not awful is fine with me for this season. And I'm glad it won't be a potential Seahawks "QB of the Future" who will take the punishment of playing with two rookie tackles this season. But the point is that the stopgap played better yesterday against one of the top defenses in the league than the quarter-billion-dollar man played against one of the worst.

I dislike the Broncos and The Teeth, and I wish them all kinds of failure and frustration. I'm hoping they'll deeply regret giving Wilson that extension, and the sooner the horror sets in for them, the better.
I disagree -

I'm completely toning down my RW/anti-RW posting - but this shit is cathartic. Guy was a douche, and local fans have an axe to grind. So be it.

I think that whether the hawks do well, or ex-RW does bad - people will like both this year.

He created enough drama and turmoil here. Let people vent, and get it out of their system.

Jesus - seen my Avatar? It's like saying Holmy aint welcome here. He's always gonna be part of the fabric. So is the douche.

Chapow

Reaction score
Russ had a rough game for sure. That completion percentage was awful. And yet he lead his offense on enough scoring drives to win the game, including 10 points in the 4th quarter.

Meanwhile, Geno has an amazing completion percentage... and our offense has scored exactly ZERO points in the last 6 quarters.

We can point and laugh at Wilsons struggles all we want, but he won yesterday while we weren't even competitive in an embarrassing loss to a division rival and our offense couldn't even muster a single scoring drive. Not even a field goal attempt.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Russ had a rough game for sure. That completion percentage was awful. And yet he lead his offense on enough scoring drives to win the game, including 10 points in the 4th quarter.

Meanwhile, Geno has an amazing completion percentage... and our offense has scored exactly ZERO points in the last 6 quarters.

We can point and laugh at Wilsons struggles all we want, but he won yesterday while we weren't even competitive in an embarrassing loss to a division rival and our offense couldn't even muster a single scoring drive. Not even a field goal attempt.

You're comparing the Broncos at home against a bad Houston team, and the Hawks on the road against one of the top 2-3 defenses in the entire league.

Lets compare again after the Broncos play the Niners Sunday if you're using these metrics.

Chapow

Reaction score
You're comparing the Broncos at home against a bad Houston team, and the Hawks on the road against one of the top 2-3 defenses in the entire league.

Lets compare again after the Broncos play the Niners Sunday if you're using these metrics.

OK, lets do that. I'm pretty confident the Broncos offense will be able to score more than zero points against the 9ers.

Also, what I'm trying to do is point out the absurdity of Seahawks fans pointing and laughing at Wilson after he led his team to a win, while our team was a dumpster fire out there.

hoxrox

Reaction score
OK, lets do that. I'm pretty confident the Broncos offense will be able to score more than zero points against the 9ers.

Also, what I'm trying to do is point out the absurdity of Seahawks fans pointing and laughing at Wilson after he led his team to a win, while our team was a dumpster fire out there.
They clawed their way back with their run game. If Hackett is smart, he'll lean on their run game more, and not ask Russ to throw 40+ times a game.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Truth!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

And I'm saying NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE is saying Wilson "led his team to a win."

Turn on any radio station or sports show on TV and it's already full Defcon 5 in Denver. Never in my life have I seen fans boo their shiny new franchise QB in his first game at home, and count down the play clock because they're trolling their HC and QB that keep taking delay of game penalties.

Sure, we got our ass kicked. But that was expected. What's going on in Denver was not even close to be expected.

Big difference.

Hawknight

Reaction score
It's hard for me personally to wish any ill will towards the QB who "helped" give us our first Super Bowl win. It was a team effort with a huge emphasis with have the LOB. I think it was great combination of the younger Russ being able to scramble, throwing the long ball and having the players we did back then to give him time to execute. I think it's possible that somewhere after all that success, Russ forgot who helped him carry this team to the success it experienced over the years and inflated his ego. I highly suspect that his marriage to Ciara had some a huge effect on him as well trying to create a brand for himself. His determination to lead the team his way and what Carroll envisioned became more of a stumbling block for the entire team. Could have the "Let Russ Cook" worked, possibly yes if we had the salary to spread around to build around Russ? However; along with success comes huge rewards which is not necessarily a good thing overall all for the team as a whole. Once you spend all your dough on the success of just the one, you find yourself unable to reward and keep those who helped him find success. I'm probably rambling, which I often do, but Russ is a great QB, no doubt, but only when he's balanced with great cast of other talent that we saw when we won our first Super Bowl. If Russ thinks he is the reason or anyone else for that matter that he carried the team on his shoulders alone, I would certainly disagree. I'll be always grateful for the years we had Russ and thankful for the many great memories he helped bestow on this team. Makes me think though, if we had Geno along with LOB back in 2014, would we have had the same success?

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
They clawed their way back with their run game. If Hackett is smart, he'll lean on their run game more, and not ask Russ to throw 40+ times a game.
If Hackett tries to play peteball, Russ will be livid again! This is the MVP season for Russ, so far his OC and HC failed him, from next game onwards, Russ will call more audibles.

Let Russ Cook!!

toffee

Reaction score
What Russ may want to evaluate are two senior staffs in his inner circle, his psychologists and his populist.

Russ is clearly not himself, poise was gone in two games, and his public image is taking a big hit.