Will Russ re-sign when his deal is up?

• Yes

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
There's been a lot of chatter on this board that Russ may want out after his deal is up. What do you think?

sutz

Reaction score
He's been durable. He'll probably play til he's 40. Might as well do it here.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Russ has said more than once he wants/expects to be playing when he is 40, and getting better.
Who could, or would, match his pay scale? I think he resigns for an adjusted rate. He needs a roster that can support him and won't get it if he takes all the loot.

TreeRon

Reaction score
If the Seahawks don't make serious moves to be Super Bowl contenders, he'll have to move on.
WE caught lightening in a bottle once, we need to do it again.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Not For Long.

Russ signing in 2024, or Seahawks resigning him at that point, I think the chances are low. Even at 35 or 36, at that point it could be $60 million a year. His legs won't be the asset they are now. Enjoy the next couple of years either way.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
nwHawk":277hwi24 said:
Not For Long.

Russ signing in 2024, or Seahawks resigning him at that point, I think the chances are low. Even at 35 or 36, at that point it could be $60 million a year. His legs won't be the asset they are now. Enjoy the next couple of years either way.
His legs are going and will be gone by then...No

evergreen

Reaction score
I hope not. Let me say I've loved him. But I see a pattern now. He's overrated and hot and cold. And as good as he can be, he can also be that bad. He's ice cold last 8 games. What playoff game has he been awesome in and won for us against a top team? He fumbled on the goal line against the 9ers. He was awful for all but the last few minutes against Green Bay. He had a goal line issue against New England. He made a great play against Minnesota, but if Walsh could kick it wouldn't have mattered. He threw that pick six against the Panthers and couldn't make anything out of the fake punt. He couldn't do it against Atlanta. He was bad against Dallas. He was close last year against Green Bay. He's not as good as he was three years ago. Let him go and move on. All his awesome moments seem to be in the first half of the season...
I would've had a different answer earlier in the season. He's been average for half a season though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I'd think the team drafts his potential replacement in a year or so and plan from there.

Packers doing the same with Rodgers.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
He will be here til the end. Not going anywhere. He has no reason to leave. The hawks and wilson are on the same page. Both have mutual interest in yearly playoff runs. Other teams cant gurantee that.

Sometimes I am highly ashamed of some of the fans on this page who think they have the slightest idea. Eat your words.

Specially the poster above who thinks wilson has regressed. Just stupid. If you know football at all...it is ever changing and other teams get paid to neutralize your talents. Regressed? I guess over 30 tds and leading the team in rushing while having the worst pass blockers is a small task. Come on!

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":31m8gojh said:
Doesn't he want to buy the Seahawks?

That's what I see.

He has invested in a few sports organizations, Sounders and a firm to bring MLB to Portland. Seems like he is working on a folio to buy a NFL team. If not the Seahawks, I think he will move to another area of possible NFL ownership.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":7py5np6i said:
He will be here til the end. Not going anywhere. He has no reason to leave. The hawks and wilson are on the same page. Both have mutual interest in yearly playoff runs. Other teams cant gurantee that.

Sometimes I am highly ashamed of some of the fans on this page who think they have the slightest idea. Eat your words.

Specially the poster above who thinks wilson has regressed. Just stupid. If you know football at all...it is ever changing and other teams get paid to neutralize your talents. Regressed? I guess over 30 tds and leading the team in rushing while having the worst pass blockers is a small task. Come on!

So what crystal ball do you have that makes you so special?

onepicknick1

Reaction score
He stay's a Hawk for life. Think about it this way they just got lucky getting Russ I know they can't find another QB look at how long they looked for this one and they almost started Matt Flynn in front of Russ. We would probably end up with another Rick Mirer.

Redsand187

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3psg3z03 said:
God, I hope not.

Paul bought the Seahawks for the people of Seattle, they should stay owned by Vulcan forever. Not quite the Green Bay arrangement, but the team is Seattle's team, not just one person's team.

I'd be really surprised if Jody sold the team, there is no point. They have tons of other assets they can get rid of that cost hundreds of millions of dollars a year to maintain if they want to raise capital for some project. But at this point, I don't see them taking on any project that is that large and not charity driven.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3lgoe4r9 said:
jamescasey1124":3lgoe4r9 said:

So what crystal ball do you have that makes you so special?

Belief. And the fact he hasnt done the city of seattle wrong in any way shape or form. What the hell do you mean? I never said I was special. Russ is! And the fact you guys(guys like you->only you) continue to ignore that. I just speak truth. Not panicking and backing into a corner.

I guess it will take dying in the field with his blue uni on-holding a 12s flag for you guys to believe it. He isnt all about money. He is all about the team that gave him a chance to play in the nfl. Clearly visible. Excuse me for taking of my unprescibed lens off.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Redsand187":2e8l0xi7 said:
Bobblehead":2e8l0xi7 said:
God, I hope not.

Paul bought the Seahawks for the people of Seattle, they should stay owned by Vulcan forever. Not quite the Green Bay arrangement, but the team is Seattle's team, not just one person's team.

I'd be really surprised if Jody sold the team, there is no point. They have tons of other assets they can get rid of that cost hundreds of millions of dollars a year to maintain if they want to raise capital for some project. But at this point, I don't see them taking on any project that is that large and not charity driven.

God...Russ must not be for seattle. What would give you that thought?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3gl2v0pw said:
Russ has said more than once he wants/expects to be playing when he is 40, and getting better.
Who could, or would, match his pay scale? I think he resigns for an adjusted rate. He needs a roster that can support him and won't get it if he takes all the loot.

How is it that the Steelers, Saints, Rodgers, and soon Mahomes are paying their QB top dollar (or did once upon a time)...and they manage to have a top O-line every year?

Why is it that elite QBs get elite O-lines, except for ours? Why do we treat our franchise QB like this? He should be getting all that he wants, including an O-line that is the best in the league. Just like the "elite" Qbs

Latest posts