Will Rashaad Penny reach 100 yards rushing this season?

Palmegranite

Reaction score
He's going to be rusty...very rusty..maybe even tentative, coming off an injury.
Let's be realistic...if he doesn't get stuffed on every single touch in his first outing it will be an accomplishment.

Worst case is he gets reinjured. Clealy I'm tempering my expectations.

Too pessimistic?

balakoth

Reaction score
Draft a RB because you need and don't have any.... gets yards and carriers.. draft a RB because you want one.. doesn't grab carries based on how our system works.. BUST..

DEERRRP

TypeSly

Reaction score
They don't want to give CC a full load this season (which I think is a great idea), and with Hyde wonky again... absolutely, I think Penny will get 100 yards this season.

And what's up with all this talk of Hyde next season? Anyone who thinks the Hawks are keeping him a day after this season is over, is crazy. He's been on his last legs the whole season, and those legs are giving out again as we speak.

I may be one of two Penny fans on this board, but everyone seems to forget what a star this guy was supposed to be coming out of college. He's still so young, so I don't see why that can't be the case still. I love his running style, fast, and explosive through the hole. I remember even some talk about what to do with Carson, when we first drafted Penny lol.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
And I remember dozens of times where he was dropped behind the line of scrimmage like a sack of wet flour. No fight at all. I do remember 2-3 good runs in his 3 year hall of fame, 1st round worthy career.

TypeSly

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3la5g2kd said:
And I remember dozens of times where he was dropped behind the line of scrimmage like a sack of wet flour. No fight at all. I do remember 2-3 good runs in his 3 year hall of fame, 1st round worthy career.

The last 2 or 3 games before he got hurt, dude was solid! It seemed like he had turned the corner and at least we got to see some of that potential. It's a little too early in his career to be giving up on a potential legit feature back, expecially considering the bind we're in, at that position. We're definitely not drafting any RB's in the early to mid rounds in the draft.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":v96v2fq3 said:

Dropped behind the line of scrimmage sounds like a different problem. Maybe blocking scheme...idk...

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Man people on this board are so fickle some times. I know a popular name the Penny/Chubb year was Derrius Guice in the predraft forums. How about that pick huh. But I guess Chubb just helps make an argument.

People forget Penny was peaking last year right before the injury.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
TypeSly":1hzppvsk said:
JayhawkMike":1hzppvsk said:

The last 2 or 3 games before he got hurt, dude was solid! It seemed like he had turned the corner and at least we got to see some of that potential. It's a little too early in his career to be giving up on a potential legit feature back, expecially considering the bind we're in, at that position. We're definitely not drafting any RB's in the early to mid rounds in the draft.
I'm a Penny fan and last year before he got hurt what did the no Penny people see?
I saw a 5.7 yards a carry and it sure didn't look like a fluke to me.

Latest posts