Will Pete Carroll be in NFL Hall of Fame? (Poll)

Will Pete Carroll make NFL Hall of Fame?

• Yes

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 46.7%

• Total voters

chris98251

Reaction score
Two things, body of work, ground breaking innovations.

Which of those is going to get him in. That list had guys that changed the game and or had a body of work over time.

Some had both, but there was no Super Bowl for many, Halas was ground breaking for reasons before he got a Super Bowl as a Owner. Landry had both a Champion team and a innovator on Defense, Flores a body of work before Seattle. Happened to be on a loaded team he took over but he kept it rolling with Al really in Charge. Bud Grant body of work, no Super Bowl wins but got there 4 times.

There are others but there has to be something, putting together the LOB and a win in a Super Bowl and a second appearance may do it, but it will be down on the list and a Selection committee type vote in historically probably.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He is on the no chance in hell list.

IF he won a Super Bowl in New York city he MIGHT be inducted in the 2050s.

Don Coryell changed football and is not in.

Mike Holmgren took 2 different teams to the Super Bowl and won one with a historic franchise. Still not enough to get him in.

Mike Shanahan has 2 Super Bowl titles and is not in.

Tom Coughlin won 2 Super Bowls in New York city and is still not in. He also took the expansion Jaguars to the AFC title game in year 2 of the franchise still not enough to get him in.

Fade

Reaction score
Pete is up against it. If he would've won 3 Super Bowls with Russ and the LOB like he should have over the last decade he gets in easy. But he blew it.

Monte Kiffin, Pete's mentor should get in ahead of him. Monte had major influence on how defense was played through the 70's - 00's of football.

Mike Shanahan should get in, since half the league is running a variation of his offense right now.

Rat

Reaction score
Fade":36y2fve7 said:
Monte Kiffin, Pete's mentor should get in ahead of him. Monte had major influence on how defense was played through the 70's - 00's of football.

Havn't thought of Kiffin in a while, and I usually think the HOF should be LESS inclusive if anything, but I'd be really happy to see him make it. He really did have an enormous influence on the game for an extended period. Might hurt him that he was never a HC though, which was his own choice.

Fade":36y2fve7 said:
Mike Shanahan should get in, since half the league is running a variation of his offense right now.

I think his Redskins tenure obliterated his legacy. Maybe it'll be forgotten in time.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Listen years after PC is gone we all will appreciate him much more. He is by far the greatest Seahawks coach ever. I really hope things turn around next year. Maybe stinking will really change the team. Or could get real worse. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk