Will Dissley

getnasty

Reaction score
What hell were they doing with his contract? Almost a 10 million dollar cap hit this year. I like the dude but dang that's a lot of money for a blocking TE.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Shortly after his new contract was announced I recall reading an online article that explained Dissly's contract as being the "market rate"... $8M/year average... and it made complete sense. Unfortunately, Will's injuries have severely limited his contribution on the field... much like Jamal Adams but to a lesser degree.

And I believe that the timing of his new contract predates the addition of Noah Fant and the improved contribution of Colby Parkinson.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Darrell Washington wants to know…

Jville

Reaction score
Shortly after his new contract was announced I recall reading an online article that explained Dissly's contract as being the "market rate"... $8M/year average... and it made complete sense. Unfortunately, Will's injuries have severely limited his contribution on the field... much like Jamal Adams but to a lesser degree.

And I believe that the timing of his new contract predates the addition of Noah Fant and the improved contribution of Colby Parkinson.
Additionally ...........

Will shows the way as an in line blocker to assist rookie offensive tackles in pass blocking. I think he was instrumental in helping those rookies get their careers off to a good start. I also think Fant and Parkinson both improved their blocking with Will showing the way.

....................... blocking and tackling are renewed points of emphasis for 2023.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Keeping my fingers crossed for drafting Darnell Washington. If you watched his on-field reps catching the ball and, especially, driving the tackling sled backwards at his height and length was truly impressive.

Jville

Reaction score
Uncle Will does much more than just block.

Although there are other team mates who are more typically primary or secondary receivers, Uncle Will delivered a 89.5% catch rate in 2022. That was good for the #1 ranking ....... as in best in the NFL during the 2022 campaign.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Uncle Will does much more than just block.

Although there are other team mates who are more typically primary or secondary receivers, Uncle Will delivered a 89.5% catch rate in 2022. That was good for the #1 ranking ....... as in best in the NFL during the 2022 campaign.
This! Dude hoovers it up, they just need to utilize him more.

My guess is last year they fed Fant to see what he had and justify the acquisition.

renofox

Reaction score
This! Dude hoovers it up, they just need to utilize him more.

My guess is last year they fed Fant to see what he had and justify the acquisition.
I'll bet they also wanted to pump up Fant's trade value. Keep that option open in case they end up with a TE in this draft.

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
He's a useful player. Not sure he's worth his contract, but it's not going to kill us. Curious of he would have gotten anything near that on the open market.

nwHawk

Reaction score
He shows just how important a Y tight end is in this offense.