Why they lost this game

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yes but the turnovers that Geno committed didn't help the Seahawks cause. So while it's not all on Geno, his play was less than stellar.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I totally agree, but the fact is, the truth doesn't stop there, I doubt like hell that ANYONE would have done much better playing against that Ravens Defense/Offense yesterday...John Harbaugh has them playing some of the best football in the League right now.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Except the defense was on the field all that time because of 3 and outs.
Yes, 3 & outs CAUSED by the Ravens Smothering Defense & while were at it, Lemar Jackson had one of his best ever games yesterday, thanks to his Defense getting the ball back into his hands.
Y'all ain't giving enough credit for how damned good they played yesterday, the Melt Down here on .NET today is proof of that.
I pointed out the 43 to 8 score that the Seahawks Defense laid on Peyton Manning (future First Ballot HOF'er)...IF a really good Defenses can do that to a Super Bowl Winning Quarterback like that, what makes people think that Geno would fair any better, eh?

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'm putting this beat-down on the OFFENSE. The offense did so little that the D never got a chance to catch their breath, and simply wore down in the 2nd half. If by some lucky chance, we get an opportunity to play the Ravens again, we'll need our O-Line to be at full strength and need to get a MUCH better game plan from Shane Waldron.

Takeaway: The Ravens are hitting their stride as a team, on both sides of the ball. Bet on them now to make the Super Bowl, if the odds haven't already gone wacko. The Ravens D is an elite unit, better than the Seahawks D. The Ravens O is pretty good also, currently better than the Seahawks O. Carroll and Co. need to really study the tape of this beatdown to make adjustments to have any chance against teams with a super-strong D that are good on both sides of the ball, in order to get past the first round of the playoffs. We do have San Fran coming up twice, so that's the Hawks' chance to show if they've adjusted, and what they've learned...

olyfan63

Reaction score
Not the only thing that announcers have pointed out about him. He misses blitzes every week, remember Aaron Donald “ oh my gawd”
FYI, That wasn't actually Geno who shouted that, it was, IIRC, someone on the sideline, but definitely NOT Geno.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yes, 3 & outs CAUSED by the Ravens Smothering Defense & while were at it, Lemar Jackson had one of his best ever games yesterday, thanks to his Defense getting the ball back into his hands.
Y'all ain't giving enough credit for how damned good they played yesterday, the Melt Down here on .NET today is proof of that.
I pointed out the 43 to 8 score that the Seahawks Defense laid on Peyton Manning (future First Ballot HOF'er)...IF a really good Defenses can do that to a Super Bowl Winning Quarterback like that, what makes people think that Geno would fair any better, eh?
Yup, case in point, Trent Dilfer, Super Bowl Champion QB, cut in training camp the next season. Dominant D got it done, all the way to the Lombardi. Don't recall who the QBs were that "he" (Dilfer) beat to get to the Owl, but it doesn't really matter, an elite D like that year Ravens D made nearly every opposing QB look like dogschiff.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The defense played like ass as well, outside of a few good plays. Same story for the offense.

You don't give up 300 yards rushing and get a pass from anyone.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If you need your QB to perform miracles to have a chance because the OLine is playing so poorly, the biggest issue probably isn't the QB.
I don't remember anyone complaining when Russell won a game when all was seemingly lost. It amazes me how many here are so willing to accept mediocrity.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The Seahawks lost this game because the O line got their ass kicked in the trenches. That Ravens D is a VERY special D.

Why everybody thinks it's Geno's fault is beyond me. It's just stupidity... the Hawks rushed 15 for 28 yards and that's Geno's fault?

Yeah Geno had an INT but it didn't affect the game as the Seahawk D took it right back Geno was sacked 4 times for 38 yards but the pressures he got were enormous!

TOP was 40 min Ravens ,20 min Seahawks that why the Seahawks gave up so many points because they were on the field for way more than they should have.

Did Geno have his best game ... no he did not but what do you really expect a QB to do under that amount of pressure?

Hawks got there ass kicked from a better team... it happens this is the NFL..

This loss doesn't matter. Learn from it and move on.

What matters is how they play down the stretch...

LTH
A good part of our O-line getting their asses kicked in the trenches is because we kept sending receivers on intermediate and long routes all freaking game, which is ABSOLUTELY IDIOTIC against a great pass-rushing defense; but hey, you go ahead and pretend it's all just the O-line's fault.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Both lines got squashed and Geno was banking on his weapons having enough time to get open with him sitting in the pocket.The way the rush was coming around the tackles i wished Geno took off running up the middle on occasion but all in all wouldn't have made much of a difference.
Ankle?

seahawks08

Reaction score
Baltimore played a different defense when they got up by 2 scores. We didn’t emphasize on running. If you had kept at running you wear out an agressive defense. Watch JSNs tape in college and install some of the plays he is good at. I blame the play caller on not emphasizing the run and giving up on it way early. Feature Charbonet and let him keep hitting the gaps. It will break at some point and then build your play action pass. Practice 4 minute drills and be the best. Pete doesn’t like that because it’s not explosive but he can change too.

mrblitz

Reaction score
if you want to throw deep most of the time, it's becoming apparent that you want a scrambler at qb... i really don't think that the o-line is going to ever get 'fixed', so how do they work around that? either quick release ala tom brady/dan marino, or scramble drill like early-career russell/fran tarkenton.