Why I'm Nervous and Why I'm Not.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Why I'm nervous:
because we could possibly turn the ball over a couple of times which IMO is the only way Phoenix even has a chance to win this.

Why I'm not nervous:
because Pete knows this, has made ball security even more of an emphasis than usual.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Aros":28b8hv2p said:
Why I'm Nervous

It's pretty obvious. Our OL is a comedy of errors. A turnstile. We are the opposite of cohesive. Something that is valued at the highest level when it comes to the offensive line in the NFL. If I am to watch a good amount of QB's in the NFL, which I have this year, I would guess that the QB has a good 4-5 seconds before contact after hiking the football.

You would be incorrect. And I think statements like that are exactly why most NFL fans are unqualified to judge pass protection. Three seconds in the NFL is considered standard. I read somewhere that Aaron Rodgers and his receivers start their scramble drill after 2.8 seconds.

4-5 seconds is what's expected for long-developing routes. Peyton Manning has made a career out of throws that require less than that. To expect 4-5 seconds as a standard is to expect an offense to be composed mostly of long-developing routes, which just isn't a reality. I'd also suggest that a great deal of those passes that Tom Brady completes because he has 6-7 seconds in the pocket aren't actually completed to a receiver who's still in his original route. I'd suggest that they were broken plays, just like a lot of Seattle's, and the receiver simply worked the defense until he scrambled open.

That being said, Arizona's defensive line is a cut above and deserves respect. It'll be a long day for Wilson, and he's not helped by the fact that Bevell's offensive concepts are rather uninspired. A better OC could probably defend him more effectively, as well as more than one or two receivers with real pep in their scramble drill.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Why I'm nervous:

The OLine is weaker than last game with AZ and it's a road game. AZ plays a style of D the Hawks have always had trouble being effective playing against.

Why I'm not nervous:

This team is for real, have played the toughest schedule in the league and are on a roll. Besides they had some answers for AZ's blitzing last game. In the end the Hawks are deeper and better than AZ at almost every position group (I exclude the OLine)

seahawks08

Reaction score
I am not nervous, I used to be, but in this team I trust. When winning becomes a habit, you just dont realize how contagious it is. Talent, health and mindset, all of these are key. We need to show teams why we are champions. If we don't win this, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. As well as give someone better a chance. Lets go, lets make it known, why we are different and why we own the region, division and all other 31 teams. Go Hawks. (ok seriously I am nervous, I dont know why I thought the first meeting was make it or break it, then the 49ers, then Eagles must WI and now this is championship game. Phew quiet a ride, but definitely love it.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
This game is huge, and with the "any given sunday" theme we have every reason to be nervous.

Most games of the season the importance isnt truly known, we just know we need to win to help our playoff chances.

Today we have a really good idea of what we are playing for so we know what we could be missing out on with a loss.

On the other hand our hawks are playing top-notch football and should be able to handle the cards. They have a big question mark at QB and that should be enough for our defense to take over.

Hawks win, but when will we be able to breathe a sigh of relief?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Why I'm Nervous

Because I'm unusually pretty confident in us covering the spread...easily. (could be the blue footballs)

Why I'm NOT Nervous

2 Words

Lindsay Lohan :lol:

Ha! I KNOW our oline is patchwork as a mf, but I just don't see LL FOOL J throwing less than 3ints
to the Boom. Also, The Dark Side of THE BOOM, Kam, is gonna give whoever is brave enough to try and take a short crossing route 'That WORK!'

GO HAWKS!

25-10

kmedic

Reaction score
I don't think you can overemphasize the power of being disrespected nationally at home for what amounts to the game of the century for a franchise. No doubt the Hawks will be super pumped up and focused but the Terds might be even more so. With that home crowd in a prime time game everyone will be watching typically the home team has the advantage. The Hawks have to play mistake free, that's the key IMO for them to wear out the Terds eventually by the 4th quarter.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Why I'm nervous:

Any team can crumple like an empty beer can if the right pressure is applied.

Why I'm not nervous:

So many reasons: Lindley's body of work. Sherman's record against Fitzgerald (17 targets, 4 catches, no touchdowns, 2 interceptions). The way our defense is playing. The way our offense can weather adversity (they might not rack up points against a stiff defense, but at least they don't panic). I think the Cards will keep up with us in the first half, then we pull away in the second half.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Why I'm nervous

Because, as unlikely as a loss is, it is at least possible to lose, and a loss here would be an absolute disaster. Fumbling away homefield throughout the playoffs against Ryan Lindley would be incredibly tough to take.

I'm also nervous because a loss would cause a bunch of mouthbreathers to say, "SEE? THEY WERE 11-3 AND WE SHOULD HAVE RESPECTED THEM MORE!" Let me hypothetically pre-emptively respond to that: No. STFU. Disrespect is all that Arizona deserves. They're not very good.

Why I'm not nervous

The Cards are just an inferior edition of the Seahawks in every way possible. Stands to reason that this game should work out just fine.

Reaction score
Why I'm nervous:
- Cardinals D
- Lindley - we still seem to have a bugaboo of letting backups be world beaters at the wrong time

Why I'm not:
- primetime
- RW
- Carroll

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Why I'm Nervous-

Its a NFC West game

The Cards D is for real

The Ball has a funny shape

Why I'm Not-

Its prime time and we shine

Our Defense is better than theirs

Our QB is better than theirs

And finally.....

We will score more points they them :th2thumbs:

Largent80

Reaction score
Hopefully I can help.

Last week Bailey got thrown into the fire, he survived, and got a FULL week of practice with the #1's.

LJP has been at center for almost a month now, and he is holding up well. Sweezy is in there, thought he wouldn't recover but did.

We have the R/O to use which will force AZ to use outside contain integrity. If they blitz on these plays, we can burn them if they don't effectively spy Russ.

Doug Baldwin is going to be an X factor in this game and maybe even Helfet.

Relax, we are going to kick their asses.

Cartire

Reaction score
Why you're nervous? Because the season is almost over and this game has major playoff implications.

Why you're not worried? Because we're gonna win.

Rocket

Reaction score
Why I'm nervous -
- I'm a Seahawks fan, for decades. Duh.
- unknowns
- zebras - I hate zebras.

Why I'm not nervous -
- grit
- speed
- Beast
- "Why not us".
- PRIME
TIME

HawkWow

Reaction score
Why I'm nervous: Russ facing QB-brutal Ds back to back going into the post.

Why I'm not nervous: Our defense is playing at a level I'm unsure I've ever witnessed before.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Largent80":12ky33ak said:
Hopefully I can help.

Last week Bailey got thrown into the fire, he survived, and got a FULL week of practice with the #1's.

LJP has been at center for almost a month now, and he is holding up well. Sweezy is in there, thought he wouldn't recover but did.

We have the R/O to use which will force AZ to use outside contain integrity. If they blitz on these plays, we can burn them if they don't effectively spy Russ.

Doug Baldwin is going to be an X factor in this game and maybe even Helfet.

Relax, we are going to kick their asses.

I hope your right... :thirishdrinkers:

NJlargent

Reaction score
I am nervous because our offense is not lights out and the Cards will be up for this game. I am not nervous because our defense is lights out.