Why Hawks think ‘something special’ is happening again

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"There’s a sense, you know, of something special happening. I felt this before in other years. Coming off of the year before, not quite getting the business taken care of, and you can feel that it’s there for us. That’s why we were so excited to go into the draft with the numbers that we had and the opportunity that we had, and then we feel like we really accomplished a lot there. … We’ve got nothing but really high expectations around here."

- Pete Carroll

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I mean, you just had the most and highest draft capital you're ever going to have for two consecutive off seasons, if you can't put together a roster that's going to compete for a SB in the next 2-3 years, and be super optimistic about it?

It's time to move on.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
I mean, you just had the most and highest draft capital you're ever going to have for two consecutive off seasons, if you can't put together a roster that's going to compete for a SB in the next 2-3 years, and be super optimistic about it?

It's time to move on.
The Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions would like a word.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think it's near the end for Pete and he is very motivated to go out on top.
The #3 fiasco and comments he made about "They want to win" or the
"I don't have to carry this team" I think lit a match and fired Pete up!

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Geno can get us there, I suppose many thought Dave Krieg would never take a team anywhere either, he was so good they shut down the program at Mudbone University. We build a team around a QB and not rely just on a QB and it can take us a long way, Once we get to the show it's about Health and not being scared to play your game.

Okieseahawk

Reaction score
I think Geno can get us there, I suppose many thought Dave Krieg would never take a team anywhere either, he was so good they shut down the program at Mudbone University. We build a team around a QB and not rely just on a QB and it can take us a long way, Once we get to the show it's about Health and not being scared to play your game.
Comrades, we seem to be headed on an upward trajectory again. The last 2 drafts have been very solid IMHO. I’ve been following the hawks for many years and it’s been a while since we have had a diverse young group this talented in the building. I think we are still another decent draft away from being absolutely loaded but we are getting close again. I guess I’m a homer but so what-been a homer since 1976. Geno might not get us there, but he could get us there with the right pieces in place. Anyone remember Doug Williams? Yeah lightning could strike again and it’s overdo.

Okieseahawk

Reaction score
Comrades, we seem to be headed on an upward trajectory again. The last 2 drafts have been very solid IMHO. I’ve been following the hawks for many years and it’s been a while since we have had a diverse young group this talented in the building. I think we are still another decent draft away from being absolutely loaded but we are getting close again. I guess I’m a homer but so what-been a homer since 1976. Geno might not get us there, but he could get us there with the right pieces in place. Anyone remember Doug Williams? Yeah lightning could strike again and it’s overdo.
Oops meant overdue.

knownone

Reaction score
This is how Pete/Seattle build(s) culture. They've done it for years. And at the most basic level, it's akin to the speak it into existence mantra of many self-help books. Get people to believe in the purpose of the process, and they'll put more effort into it—leadership 101.

So is something special building? Maybe. But it doesn't mean anything until they do something. And we've all heard this 1000x before from the organization, only to see it fail to materialize during the regular season.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
This is how Pete/Seattle build(s) culture. They've done it for years. And at the most basic level, it's akin to the speak it into existence mantra of many self-help books. Get people to believe in the purpose of the process, and they'll put more effort into it—leadership 101.

So is something special building? Maybe. But it doesn't mean anything until they do something. And we've all heard this 1000x before from the organization, only to see it fail to materialize during the regular season.
This is all true. For me it does feel like something big is brewing. This year will tell if we will be a team to be feared in the upcoming years. This roster is potentially very loaded. That of course if the rooks play to their potential.

I do feel that it probably does feel different in the locker room. If you look at the draft “culture” they started last year and now this year it makes sense. They drafted more for character than stats. This shows up in the overall attitude of the players towards practice, training, and everything else.

While many will not say it I will. This roster has the potential to take us very far and possibly all the way. Of course that will need to be proven on the field but the talent is their for sure.

The roster is young with enough vets (at he most important positions) to keep things in check.

This has been done before so it is not outrageous to think of the potential. It is much more fun to think the potential good than thinking we need to fire our coaching staff and GM, another decade of top end drafts and a $1/2 billion QB to get anywhere in the playoffs like some on this board think.

Mad Dog

Reaction score

I think Matt Haselbeck is the better comparison for Geno. Similar skill set.
And Matt got us to a SB with a stud OL and star RB. And mediocre defense.

LTH

Reaction score
Feels a bit deeper than Pete's usual rosy outlook in the pre-season, don't you think?
I see it. To me I see Carroll as being extremely focused and dialed in... he trusts his philosophy and the systems he has in place and to me that was Never more evident in the last two drafts. Just my take.

LTH

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
"There’s a sense, you know, of something special happening. I felt this before in other years. Coming off of the year before, not quite getting the business taken care of, and you can feel that it’s there for us. That’s why we were so excited to go into the draft with the numbers that we had and the opportunity that we had, and then we feel like we really accomplished a lot there. … We’ve got nothing but really high expectations around here."

- Pete Carroll

I can feel it too - AND I used my special x-ray goggles to decode the PC word salad.

Test came back NEGATIVE for word salad!! Tested 95% real!

No reason it can't be us this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions would like a word.

I'm hoping our ownership group, coaching staff and GM fancy themselves a much better organization than these two dumpster fire organizations.

pmedic920

Reaction score
With a good enough supporting cast the QB (Geno) doesn’t have to be top 10 caliber.
We just need him to play well/smart and protect the turnover ratio.

Those that claim Geno can’t get us there are correct if it was him we were counting on but we’re not, we’re counting on the supporting cast.

IMHO/YMMV