Who would you choose for Defensive Coordinator?

Which Defensive Coordinator would you choose:

• Clint Hurtt

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Ed Donatell

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Sean Desai

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Joe Witt Jr.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Bam Bam (He had to be included)

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Other: Who and why?

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

sutz

Reaction score
Right now, I'm leaning towards Joe Whitt or Clint Hurtt, in that order.

OP
OP
Hawknight

Hawknight

Reaction score
sutz":16bjnnyt said:

I personally would like Clint Hurtt get the job and have Kam Chancellor come in and possibly fill in as the Defensive Line Coach. I think personally that would be a great combination. I've read a few rumors here and there that Kam may be interested in a coaching role, but nothing specific was ever mentioned.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawknight":318yvxc9 said:
sutz":318yvxc9 said:

I personally would like Cint Hurtt get the job and have Kam Chancellor come in and possibly fill in as the Defensive Line Coach. I think personally that would be a great combination. I've read a few rumors here and there that Kam may be interested in a coaching role, but nothing specific was ever mentioned.
Why would Kam coach the D-line? Wouldn't he be a D-back coach? Logically speaking, that is.

OP
OP
Hawknight

Hawknight

Reaction score
sutz":1f5pj9zf said:
Hawknight":1f5pj9zf said:
sutz":1f5pj9zf said:

I personally would like Cint Hurtt get the job and have Kam Chancellor come in and possibly fill in as the Defensive Line Coach. I think personally that would be a great combination. I've read a few rumors here and there that Kam may be interested in a coaching role, but nothing specific was ever mentioned.
Why would Kam coach the D-line? Wouldn't he be a D-back coach? Logically speaking, that is.

Logically, yes...I guess I didn't think that one through in my hopes and dreams of Kam coaching on our team . That's why I leave this stuff up to you X and O guys and other team analyst. I'll leave this up to you guys and go back to drinking my beer :sarcasm_off:

toffee

Reaction score
The inclusion of Kam is interesting, we knew what he could do as a player. Do we know if he's a good teacher? did he excelled as a player due to his XO brilliance or physical prowess? We knew that he was the glue that kept LOB going, but we knew nothing about his coaching abilities.

Wouldn't mind to have him as an assistant DB coach or DB quality control coach.

sutz

Reaction score
toffee":1dhoz7k6 said:
The inclusion of Kam is interesting, we knew what he could do as a player. Do we know if he's a good teacher? did he excelled as a player due to his XO brilliance or physical prowess? We knew that he was the glue that kept LOB going, but we knew nothing about his coaching abilities.

Wouldn't mind to have him as an assistant DB coach or DB quality control coach.
Hasn't he been hanging around the team as kind of an assistant coach/consultant the past couple of years?

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I have no idea whether Kam wants to coach or not. He's still pretty close with some of the players and around the team all of the time. Same with Cliff Avril. We do know Kam the player excelled with X's and O's. He was the one calling the adjustments for the secondary. He's also a former QB and understands the offensive side as well. He would a dynamic coach and guys would listen to him. We don't know how he would be as a coach though. As in calling plays and helping players adjust. He also has a young family so I don't know his motivational level about returning to the NFL full time.

toffee

Reaction score
I am all for bringing Kam in as a coach, just not ready to name him our DC. It would be important to have him as coach, especially if Bobby and Russ leaves, we need Kam as link to our glory years.

sutz

Reaction score
Back on topic, one reason I lean towards Whitt is that I kind of want two things:

1. An outsider that brings fresh eyes to the problems.

2. A young guy with new innovative ideas who can relate to the players. (Agist, I know, but... :229031_shrug: )

chris98251

Reaction score
Bill Belichick, heard he has another gig though and it may take a lot to get or trade for him. But he seems to own everyone and gets the most of out of his guys.

zchurch74

Reaction score
What about Bevell? Heard he may be out of a job and him and Pete are close

flv

Reaction score
The Seahawks need someone who can scheme around Adams as the focal point and can also generate some pass rush. Someone who is younger and more mentally flexible would likely be more successful than a veteran who wants to run a tried and tested but less flexible system.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
flv":30wa5oaz said:
The Seahawks need someone who can scheme around Adams as the focal point and can also generate some pass rush. Someone who is younger and more mentally flexible would likely be more successful than a veteran who wants to run a tried and tested but less flexible system.

This.

Most important question for the interview process, how do you resurrect Adam's into the premier defensive force that we leveraged our cap and draft picks for.

Beyond that I'd like a younger DC to energize Pete's staff and bring some juice to the coaching staff.

I know everyone's down on Jimmy Lake, but he'd make a hell of a passing defense coordinator to bring on the staff. He may have been a bad head coach, but there's no denying Lake's ability to develop and coach defensive backs.

Rat

Reaction score
It was just announced that Wink Martindale is moving on from the Ravens. We had better be all over that.

FPD

Reaction score
But now who would you choose? Who would be available next year that could turn this defense around? I know I don't have a clue (not that that's unusual 😂).

✌️:cool: