Who would you choose for Defensive Coordinator?

Which Defensive Coordinator would you choose:

• Clint Hurtt

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Ed Donatell

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Sean Desai

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Joe Witt Jr.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Bam Bam (He had to be included)

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Other: Who and why?

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Vic Fangio. Worked seamlessly with Harbs at sf, doesnt need to be a hu, now a defensive consultant at philly.

You want the 3-4, hire the guy who invented it.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Sean Desai any day for me. I have seen Clint enough to see a change

Spohawks

Reaction score
Sign Hurtt to an extension, he is just warming up.

Like selling a beat car for $20K...WE KNOW WHAT WE GOT!!!

toffee

Reaction score
I personally would like Clint Hurtt get the job and have Kam Chancellor come in and possibly fill in as the Defensive Line Coach. I think personally that would be a great combination. I've read a few rumors here and there that Kam may be interested in a coaching role, but nothing specific was ever mentioned.
Kam has DL experience or expertise?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Would a better DC fair better with this mesh of mediocrity we have now?

James in PA

Reaction score
Why do people bring up DQ blizzard for our next DC? That is not an option, as it would be a lateral move. The only way DQ could come back to Seattle in the near future is as a HC.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Why do people bring up DQ blizzard for our next DC? That is not an option, as it would be a lateral move. The only way DQ could come back to Seattle in the near future is as a HC.
If the Seahawks offered him a title of Assistant Head Coach along with DC wouldn't that be a slighty higher position than he has now?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Pete can’t figure this out and they need a fresh set of eyes in the building. The defense has been bad for going on 6 years with two different DC’s. The bigger issue is the terrible drafting Pete has overseen.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I put 'Other' as I think we could maybe use someone here on .NET to fill that job... I mean hell, it's obvious by the way that some guys in here jack-jaw about how they THINK Pete Carroll has been doing it all wrong for the last 8 years.
It simply amazes me that some of these guys aren't HC's & Position Coaches somewhere around the League right now.

James in PA

Reaction score
If the Seahawks offered him a title of Assistant Head Coach along with DC wouldn't that be a slighty higher position than he has now?
Not sure. But even if the league did consider it a legitimate enough promotion, I'm not sure DQ would be too tempted. He has a good thing going in Dallas. We obviously have roster holes. I'm sure he would want to "run the show." Can't happen with PC still there. That's why I see HC or no move at all for a guy like DQ.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

Yeah, but he definitely wouldn't do it. He can leave any time he wants for a head coaching job, so he can be discerning about his roles.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Hurtt needs to go but nobody has an answer...other than addition by subtraction