Who are the Seahawks Potential Surprise Cuts?

D

DomeHawk

We may have talked about this a bit but this is a new article today.

I am not big on predictions but I don't see how Shaquem stays with all the talented LB's we have in camp. Other than that, it's probably pure speculation for me at least. But speculate is what happens here so have at it.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/sea ... prise-cuts

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I wish Shaquem all the best, but more then likely I think he is looking for a new team after this pre-season. Even if football doesn't work out for him though I see a bright future in public speaking and such.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":woxkz12d said:
Shaquem's a good one, hadn't thought of him. But you're right.

I'll go with Ed Dickson. Never been healthy, only 1.7 in dead money if they cut him. Plus I think they'll be happy with Vannett, Dissly and Hollister.

Edit: Dickson situation is actually more complicated.... https://12thmanrising.com/2019/08/07/se ... n-surgery/ :x

Thanks for posting that article, I didn't know any of that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2ltfcrbd said:
Shaquem's a good one, hadn't thought of him. But you're right.

I'll go with Ed Dickson. Never been healthy, only 1.7 in dead money if they cut him. Plus I think they'll be happy with Vannett, Dissly and Hollister.

Edit: Dickson situation is actually more complicated.... https://12thmanrising.com/2019/08/07/se ... n-surgery/ :x

Dickson is one of those players who is probably liked much more by the team than by the fans. The age and health are a valid pair of issues, but Seattle is still a run-first team. I'm not sure why people just keep on forgetting that, year after year, as they write their amateur analyses, but here's another example. Dickson wasn't paid to get 90 catches; he's paid to make the most of what he gets (like Jaron Brown), and he's paid to block. And block he does.

Ever wondered how elite rushing teams make their hay? It takes good perimeter blocking by the tight ends and even the wide receivers. That's why willingness to block has always been a high priority for obtaining even wide receivers on this team. We ran really well last year in part because Nick Vannett has quietly become an upper-tier blocker.

Hollister could just as easily have been a hedge for Dissly as Dickson. Both of them having a history of gimp, and Hollister being available for the cheap, made it a no-brainer. Dickson may incidentally find his way off the team because of that, but I doubt Hollister was brought in just to help jettison him.

hawksfan35

Reaction score
I would love to see Shaquem stick - the opening kickoff last week got my all excited, but I am not sure special teams only is enough to stick

As much as it pains me (I had him started on my fantasy team against NE that game) to say I think it is time to pull the plug on CJ

I wouldn't be upset with David Moore gone - lots more potential behind him

I wouldn't mind Dickson gone

I wouldn't mind see McKissic gone either - but if it keeps Lockett from returning kicks, please keep him

2_0_6

Reaction score
I don't think there will be any real surprise cuts this year. Anyone who has value that won't make the roster will likely be traded off.

Remember last year's flurry of last minute trades? That was great.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Its funny to see people mention Prosise. The fact that he would be considered a "surprise cut" must mean the statute of limitations has run out on whatever evidence he has on the front office. :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Most of the WR and DB “projects” from last year and previous years will be gone.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Iupati still isn't practicing, so he's definitely should be in the crosshairs of surprise cut.

Yeah we gave him 2.25M guaranteed, but he's been injured the past two seasons and hasn't shown ANY signs of being healthy and getting all his reps with the other starters.

Unless Pete just doesn't care and wants to rest him until game #1, but that's usually not how Pete rolls with the O-line, he wants all the starters to get their camp reps in.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

UGotHawked":2xn3o2mg said:
Its funny to see people mention Prosise. The fact that he would be considered a "surprise cut" must mean the statute of limitations has run out on whatever evidence he has on the front office. :D

^^^^Yeah, was thinking the same thing. The only "surprise" is that he hasn't been cut already.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think Vannet could be a surprise cut if Dissly is healthy and ready to go.

chris98251

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":ooev2hsn said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1162196932544143361[/tweet]

CB's are dropping like flies across the league right now. Something to keep an eye on with our huge stable of secondary guys in camp at the moment.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2tcugae5 said:
Greg Jennings.

It'd definitely be an unprecedented shocker for Pete and John to cut a 4th round pick, I don't think that's happened before.

But Jenning's hasn't done anything this camp or pre-season, and when your own QB has to acknowledge you finally having a good practice like it's an anomaly? That doesn't bode well for you hanging around come final cuts.