Who’s the out of nowhere player to star for Seattle vs NE

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2z914hx0 said:
Freddy Swain

Al Michaels: "Who?!"
I'm going with Swain as well... but for the kicking game.

Homer's not getting it done so it's time to give Freddie a chance.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I predict Will Dissly. Everyone thinks we're bringing him back slowly, but he's gonna show that he's our #1 TE.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
fenderbender123":297tdeyz said:
I predict Will Dissly. Everyone thinks we're bringing him back slowly, but he's gonna show that he's our #1 TE.

You could be right, was thinking that myself. Figure NE has good CB's .. but how about covering TE's?

D

DomeHawk

Pandion Haliaetus":1djt8ono said:
Offense: Carlos Hyde

Patriots D and talent is set up to nullify passers but seems suspect to handle tough, hard-nosed, violent RBs. With focus on the now multi-faceted Chris Carson, he wears the Pats D down for Hyde to finish them off for a dominant 75-100 yard, 1-2 TD performance.

Defense: Bruce Irvin

No doubt just seems to own Cam Newton, so again he does, with Jamal Adams much more schemed for , Irvin goes off hitting a trifecta with 2 sacks, 1 FF, and 1 Int.

I was impressed with Carlos Hyde in the opener. On defense, I would like to see Collier do some more good things. He doesn't actually have to get sacks, just QB pressures and some run containment.

The way Adams moves around I don't know if you can scheme for him. having said that, I am sure they will try to be aware of where he is.

Tical21

Reaction score
Jordyn Brooks. I expect him to play in the nickel this week instead of going to Lano and Dime++ or whatever idiotic term they are now calling it when a safety plays linebacker. He's going to make some big tackles on Cam and cover some TE's.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Mad Dog":22f4fb8p said:
Tough question.

The only player on the gameday roster that has virtually no tape for Belichek to dissect is Freddie Swain. Caught one pass in the opener.

If Dallas is escalated to gameday roster, he is also a candidate, but I suspect he'll remain a healthy scratch as long as Carson, Hyde and Homer are fit to start.

I'd really like to think Hollister and Dorsett want to bring something extra to their old coach, but I'm not counting on it.
Swain sounds like a solid pick for this. Would be awesome.

I think DK is going to have a huge day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1cgv4nr4 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1cgv4nr4 said:
Offense: Carlos Hyde

Patriots D and talent is set up to nullify passers but seems suspect to handle tough, hard-nosed, violent RBs. With focus on the now multi-faceted Chris Carson, he wears the Pats D down for Hyde to finish them off for a dominant 75-100 yard, 1-2 TD performance.

Defense: Bruce Irvin

No doubt just seems to own Cam Newton, so again he does, with Jamal Adams much more schemed for , Irvin goes off hitting a trifecta with 2 sacks, 1 FF, and 1 Int.

I was impressed with Carlos Hyde in the opener. On defense, I would like to see Collier do some more good things. He doesn't actually have to get sacks, just QB pressures and some run containment.

The way Adams moves around I don't know if you can scheme for him. having said that, I am sure they will try to be aware of where he is.

Bill knows all about Adams, If I am Pete I watch games against the Jets for the rolls we use him in and how he defended him.

He has to look at our defense as Priority assignments as.

Wagner
Adams
Irvin and Mayowa

Then everyone else.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tical21":2pgk4m4h said:
Jordyn Brooks. I expect him to play in the nickel this week instead of going to Lano and Dime++ or whatever idiotic term they are now calling it when a safety plays linebacker. He's going to make some big tackles on Cam and cover some TE's.

I like this one a lot, and I think Jordyn will have a good game, but I choose:

Alton Robinson. He played well at Syracuse, and i was excited when we got him. He talked to his agent, and was told something to the effect of; Seattle is short on DTs, so If you want playing time, bulk up.

Dave Wyman thought he was a DT because he was so big. But Wyman said the weight didn't slow Alton down.

Alton also came to Seattle early and worked with Cliff Avril.

Wyman also said Robinson looked good in practices, and so far, the players he saw excel in practices, their skill has translated to game play.

Alton Robinson. My Rookie adoptee, and the guy that will surprise many! :2thumbs:

JPC4Days

Reaction score
Poona Ford ... I am not calling him Cortez ... but ... I feel he is quick and powerful and could be special if it can all come together for him. With the new big guy along with the other big dude from Michigan, Poona and Reed can make some hay from 3 teq at times.

I have been wrong before, I hope this is not one of those times because there is something there and like coach say's from time to time.. it might have surprised the fans but it doesn't surprise me ... I am just happy that the fans got to see what we see everyday.

Not everyone rises to there full potential for whatever reason ... just not there time but if he is going to breakout at some point .. why wait.

He has natural leverage is quick and powerful, there are some special attributes in his arsenal ... maybe he needs more time to realize how good he can be, maybe he gives there line all the trouble he can and creates opportunities for the other guys to shine... I just think we have not seen his best and he could be a problem for offenses some day and it's not like he sucks now but you know #levels.

toffee

Reaction score
Reed, and Collier, my wish list. How about each got a sack and couple if hurries?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

olyfan63

Reaction score
Tical21":2wn3rivq said:

I like this pick!

With Cam as a running threat, the guys we have who can run him down and successfully tackle him are...
Irvin
Brooks
Adams

So I'm going with Brooks, on the defensive side. With honorable mention to Blair.

Lots of great suggestions in this thread, though. Olsen, Dissly, Blair, Swain, Dallas, Homer. Have to take out Olsen though, he's not out-of-nowhere. DK isn't out-of-nowhere either anymore.

DJ Dallas could function like Prosise did in that Monday night game, a QB-turned-RB instead of WR-turned-RB like Prosise. Also, same thing for Homer, but I think Dallas is a much better between-the-tackles runner than Homer.

On the offensive side, I'll go with Dallas if he's active, or Dissly if he's not.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Freddie Swain with the dagger. He’s my unsung hero out of nowhere pick.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Who knew it would be Lano Hill??!! LANO HILL!! (EDIT) AND LJ Collier!!
I almost thought of mentioning Hill's name, but then thought... NAH.

Hill did wait until the LAST play of the game to truly make his mark, but for sure he made the difference!
Along with the penetration from LJ Collier to clean it up and put Cam on the ground.

balakoth

Reaction score
LJ who made the massive hit in the first place doesn't get credit?

Latest posts