Which Seahawk is most likely ot be a player of the year?

toffee

Reaction score
I have been joking that this season was like a ride on pumpkin carriage, on way to that big party. I was technically wrong, we are riding on a pumpkin chariot, see, carriages have four wheels for more comfortable long distance travel. Chariot has two wheels, for rapid charging, we have two wheels now, Geno and Woolen, until we develop another two wheels, we are a chariot, rapid but bumpy riding.

BASF

Reaction score
Pete Carroll in 2013 over Ron Rivera. He was the leader all year by even nfl.com's account... But for some reason riverboat Ron got it...

NFL Coach of the Year rankings: Pete Carroll on top
I wasn't really surprised with that choice. Everyone saw the potential for our 2013 season with how we closed out the 2012 season. Perception was that we were definitely going far in the playoffs that season.

The Panthers on the other hand sucked in 2012. They did win five of their last six but only one team had a winning record. Rivera accomplished more (only one less win in the regular season) that season with less talent than the Seahawks had.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
In order:

Woolen is probably the favorite for Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Geno Smith should be a huge favorite for Comeback Player of the Year, but the Seahawks will probably need to win more games in order to overcome Saquon Barkley since Giants are overplaying their expectations (we are too, but not as much). (He'll have an outside chance at MVP if the Seahawks win more games and he keeps playing at this level).

Walker will have a chance for Offensive Rookie because he's going to be starting now.

Finally, Pete Carroll will have a chance for Coach if we make the playoffs, same for Schneider for Executive.
What did Geno come back to? He was never a particularly good player, had an unremarkable and short stint as a starter and has been a backup ever since. Barkley was a top pock and played very well and has had to come back from multiple seasons of injuries. Now he's a dynamic piece in the surprise upstart team of the year. (so far). Even if any voters would even consider Geno for CBPOY, he's a massively distant second.

OP
OP
J

Jegpeg

Reaction score
What did Geno come back to? He was never a particularly good player, had an unremarkable and short stint as a starter and has been a backup ever since. Barkley was a top pock and played very well and has had to come back from multiple seasons of injuries. Now he's a dynamic piece in the surprise upstart team of the year. (so far). Even if any voters would even consider Geno for CBPOY, he's a massively distant second.
As I said a lot is in how you interpret the award as it is not really defined.

If you go by the title of the award then I see your arguement though you could argue that he came back from a standard of play at WVU that earnt him a top 40 pick and convinced the Jets to start him a second season despite his unremarkable first.

If you go by the descripton of what the award is for "perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of ...... poor performance.”. Overcoming 8 or 9 years of poor performance (depending on whether you count 2021) is pretty exceptional.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
As much as I know you’re right, the NY hype train is too far up up Sauce’s ass to allow that to happen even if Woolen leads him in all stats. This is not saying Sauce isn’t a fantastic db FWIW.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
My biggest thing is the Sherman comparison stat wise. Woolen, at this point has much less experience at cb than Sherman did as a rookie yet Woolen got the starting job right off the bat. Woolen is also faster. He also appears to be more athletic. What made Sherman so great was his football intelligence. So far Woolen appears to be passing that grade so far but longevity and performance often prove this quality more solidly so I’m hoping he also passes this as well. I am so excited by this kid. He’s so crazy talented it’s insane.

On a side note, it’s super cool to see Bryant improving every week. How good is he going to end up? Four forced fumbles? Holy shit!

These rookies are super ball hawks. I don’t know if it’s coaching, talent or both but who cares? I’m loving what I’m seeing.

Latest posts