Votes: 25 43.9%
  • Who ever Welshers inside guy says

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Some guy through trade.

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters

Spohawks

Reaction score
Yeah its early but just checking your gut feeling on this one. I think Lock is the clear starter. Smith is a nice back up and he should stay there.

Its a bit late to reel in a trade guy and have him start...but weirder things have happened.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Until I see Lock in preseason, I'm hesitant to predict he'll be the starter in week 1.

As such, I'm going to pick Geno for the time being.

sutz

Reaction score
I believe Lock was brought in to start. P&J saw something they liked in him IMO.

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
I really think Drew is going to be better in games than Geno. During the training camp portion Geno will has the clear advantage, but I think with Drew being behind him in the depth chart, he will try and take more chances. It's either going to be ugly at that point, or gain him confidence to keep going. Might be just like 2012 with Russ vs Flynn. We shall see!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The Hawks need to use their available cap space to extend DK and forget about Jimmy G.

Let Jimmy G rot.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
If it comes down to a free throw shooting contest, I think Geno is in trouble.
Jimmy G, Baker, Darnold, Stafford, Brady, Rodgers, Herbert, Allen, also would be in trouble at the free throw line..

Ozzy

Reaction score
They can’t start the season with Geno while claiming they are in a win now mode. You have to see what Lock can do.

Chawker

Reaction score
Geno, he knows the system, and its his time to shine. If they can't win a bunch by mid season they'll throw Lock in. But expect a 7-9 win season at best.

flv2

Reaction score
The Seahawks aren't committed to any of their 3 current QBs. The guy who wins the preseason competition will start. Lock has the higher ceiling but time already spent with the Seahawks will give Smith an early edge. I don't think any of the 3 will get the best out of, (or aid the development of), other players on the roster.

Rainger

Reaction score
It'll likely end up being Lock but we are definitely exploring Jimmy G. Don't be surprised if we make the trade.
Change your avatar and I might start listening just a bit more to your pontifications! However to date notwithstanding your adamant position that you "called" the BM rumor debacle properly I cant find a reason other than be amused by your posts "with inside sources".

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
It'll likely end up being Lock but we are definitely exploring Jimmy G. Don't be surprised if we make the trade.
"we" are not exploring Jimmy G. Its not in the long term plans. They are 100% focused on taking a QB in next years draft.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Shoddy sources and stuff aside, they shouldn't consider Jimmy G.

If you've got former teammates calling the guy a "bitch," it's a no-go for me. You NEED to build a harmonious core roster in these early stages after a tremendous purge of the old guard. You can't do that with a perceived bitch under center.