Where are you at with this team?

Where are you at with this team after week 2?

• Super Bowl bound

Votes: 62 41.1%
  • Win some, lose some, not concerned

Votes: 69 45.7%
  • Not quite sure

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Concerned

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 1-15 (Niner trolls want to vote too)

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":307knue4 said:
We lost one road game in bad unfavorable conditions, calm the **** down. Save the doom and gloom for the playoffs

What doom and gloom would you be referring to?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Nothing changes.

Still playoffs with HFA.

The team rarely has a game like that and despite all that was going against them, they were in the game.

In fact I figured they would pull it off until they kicked the ball on 4th and short with under 8 minutes.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
hoxrox":rytgjt63 said:
Yeah it's only 2 games in, but I don't think we're as physical as we were last year.

Might get blasted for this opinion but I think we paid too much for Sherman and should have invested more on the interior d-line instead. Not seeing enough from the replacements we have, and run D doesn't look as dominate.

On offense Wilson continues to improve, but I'm starting to see an identity crisis. Are we still smash mouth? Or are we just trying to stay ahead of the curve with these new wrinkles (jet sweep, hurry up)? Okung has taken a step back, Britt is still learning, and he isn't as nasty as Giacomini was.

We have Percy, yes, but I'm not banking on him for all 16 games plus playoffs. Kearse and Baldwin are clutch but they don't really scare anyone. Haven't seen enough from Richardson, Norwood or Michael, and I would have felt much better if Rice and McCoy were still options for RW. And none of that matters if we can't pass protect.

Sounds like a glass-half-empty view, but I just don't see us being as dominate as last year. Maybe the game this weekend will change my mind, but I'm seeing a much closer contest than before.

The defense didn't look like what you are referring to at the beginning of last year either. How many sacks did you predict McDonald would get? He had zero the previous two years.

You have a point about the identity. No question we got away from the game plan (as Pete said) and it cost us continuity but those are growing pains. I expect our D-line play will steadily improve as the year goes on just like last year, The difference this year is our offense will also continue to improve.

Don't put to much weight on one loss. It is not a defining loss and the odds are we are going probably have more. It's part of football.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm chill, we're still right on schedule for a repeat. We're healthy, nobody is suspended or looking at jail time. It's all good.

irocdave

Reaction score
I believe the Chargers game was just a bump in the road to another extended playoff appearance in 2014. The Hawks lost some really good defensive players in the off season but the offense got better. This is going to be the trend for the next 5 years, Hawk fans need to get over it. RW is up next for a contract at the end of the season and to all the people clamoring that he is one of the best in the NFL consider that 20+ million a year contract that comes along with that thought process. His contract will make the D less dominate than it will wind up being this year. The salary cap is a bitch.

This year the Hawks still have a better than most chance of winning another SB. It's not the same team and several players got paid / released because of said players getting paid. To think there would be no dip in performance is ignorant at best. PC and staff will coach them up but the talent level depth on D is NOT the same as last year. Wouldn't it be nice to have Clemons and Browner / Thurmond right now?

Chargers had a great game plan and executed it perfectly along with the heat and the ball bouncing in favor of them last week. That happens in the NFL.

That being said, the Hawks D looked out of whack, just like they did several weeks before Browner and Thurmond's suspensions were announced. I really wonder if another player is trouble with the law or the NFL drug policy? The way the D played it looked like they had something else on their collective mind....

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Laloosh":3igcqz9g said:
Little temperature check.
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

Kidding. In all seriousness, where I'M at with this team is I love them just as much as I did a few days ago, which is just as much as I did a few years ago, and I will never stop loving them.

GO HAWKS!

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Like most, fan for a long time. Nothing can shake my confidence with this team and FO right now. That said, if we ever get back to 2-14, then I'll rethink my position.

chris98251

Reaction score
I normally think it takes about 4 games to see what we really have. I'm still in that park, I know were good, just don't know where we are mentally yet.

suppaball

Reaction score
Superb owl bound! Not worried as of yet it's only one loss to a good team in hostal climate.

Smellyman

Reaction score
it's the NFL. they will have a lot of tough ball games. some they will lose.

the way too big of puffed chests by SOME fans was funny...."we warned you packer fans....."

Seattle is still a real good team. Can't wait for Sunday. A little humble pie can be good sometimes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Let's see, they are SuperbOwl Champions, have won 17 of the last 21 games (including playoffs) and are angry, and coming home. I'm more than fine w/the Hawks.

Mckinja

Reaction score
I'm still very confident that we are one of the best teams in the league, if not THE best. I was pretty disappointed that our LBs appeared to be too far off their man (regardless of coverage scheme), allowing too many 1st down conversions. Penalties also drove me mad, particularly Bruce Irvin's unnecessary shove on Rivers out of bounds, which resulted in a first down for the Chargers (and a score, if I'm not mistaken). D-line put good pressure on Rivers most of the game (1 sack, 2 fumbles, 5 QB hits) and the secondary did fine. IMO there is no need to get our collective shorts in a twist over this loss/learning experience early on in the season.

Go Hawks!

Mckinja

Reaction score
Largent80":30450uyh said:
Jeez McKinja, you haven't been around in a while....Correct?

You got it, bud. It's been a while. Life has been...interesting for the last couple years lol. Got things squared away and should be a regular contributor again. :thirishdrinkers:

Largent80

Reaction score
Mckinja":1vu2ir11 said:
Largent80":1vu2ir11 said:
Jeez McKinja, you haven't been around in a while....Correct?

You got it, bud. It's been a while. Life has been...interesting for the last couple years lol. Got things squared away and should be a regular contributor again. :thirishdrinkers:

Good to hear bro, welcome back, we need ya.