What QB might we draft or sign next year? other than

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3ioddvsx said:
TheRealDTM":3ioddvsx said:
bmorepunk":3ioddvsx said:
Evil_Shenanigans":3ioddvsx said:
Heres a flyer for you. What could Pete do with,dare I say it...Jonny Manziel?

Why not Tebow?

You are so right, It's really stupid of him to consider a short improvisational quarterback. We all know that those types can't have success and it would be silly to consider making one of them our franchise QB....

Who do you think should be our QB by the way?

There's a huge difference between Manziel and Wilson. Manziel is a publicly egocentric douche who is a crappy teammate and doesn't put effort into his job. Wilson is the polar opposite. Manziel is more like Ryan Leaf and Jeff George than Russell Wilson; just because they're both about 5'10" and are great all-around athletes does not put them in the same conversation.

Thank goodness Russell Wilson hasn't shown any signs of a lofty ego...

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1fx0wfkw said:
Oh I don't know, how about the one that we have? :roll:

Have people lost their minds? What is going on here?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":x1rbyehw said:
He has? Please show us where his ego has taken over.

I'll just be over here waiting...

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
LOL i bet ya Webzone is having so much fun this season looking at all this doom and gloom, they even have their own thread about the Wilson contract situation.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2uyygbnu said:
LOL i bet ya Webzone is having so much fun this season looking at all this doom and gloom, they even have their own thread about the Wilson contract situation.
Oh they already have a thread over there. The funny thing is, most of them sound like a bunch of our "fans"

They're saying he's fake, selfish and not worth big money. If it weren't for the background color differences, one might not be able to tell the difference between .net and webzone

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2he3b4zc said:
TheRealDTM":2he3b4zc said:

I apologize if you don't understand the satire

Poster 1 said: Maybe Pete could do good things with Manziel
Poster 2 said: LOL u IDIOT why not get Dan Marino
I said: You are right how ridiculous to think a short improvisational QB could do well here. Who should be our QB again?
Poster 2's hypothetical answer: a short improvisational qb (Russel Wilson)

I apologize for any confusion that resulted in this going over your head and/or skimming posts. I appreciate your hostility, and opinion that I and anyone who disagrees with you has lost their minds, and wish you the best in future endeavors.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":38gr3s82 said:
Hawkfan77":38gr3s82 said:
TheRealDTM":38gr3s82 said:

I apologize if you don't understand the satire

Poster 1 said: Maybe Pete could do good things with Manziel
Poster 2 said: LOL u IDIOT why not get Dan Marino
I said: You are right how ridiculous to think a short improvisational QB could do well here. Who should be our QB again?
Poster 2's hypothetical answer: a short improvisational qb (Russel Wilson)

I apologize for any confusion that resulted in this going over your head and/or skimming posts. I appreciate your hostility, and opinion that I and anyone who disagrees with you has lost their minds, and wish you the best in future endeavors.
Suuuuure...

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Franchise him for a year. Pick up Drew Brees in 2017 since NO will still be trying to get out of cap hell. Reunite Brees and Graham in Seattle. Win SB 52. I believe Manning and Luck are also 2017 free agents.

-bsd

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3fyjcmc6 said:
TheRealDTM":3fyjcmc6 said:

Yep. Just like I'm still waiting for some one to post the names of other current seahawk stars who took "team friendly deals".

All of our key players have gotten top end deals. Why should our QB be treated differently? He has been paid at the absolute bottom for his services to date so give him a break.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3vb6b80g said:
TheRealDTM":3vb6b80g said:

Wilson thinks highly of himself; he has to because he's a successful NFL quarterback. The top-level guys all do, and some of them are borderline jerks (Brady) in front of the world on occasion, but none of them have done "The Manziel" and succeeded.

Maybe Manziel can turn himself around from the bird flipping, money motioning, non tape watching, rehab self and actually get on the field and learn to play NFL football. Wilson did everything he could right from the day he got drafted. Manziel has done pretty much everything wrong. That's why Wilson is going to get paid a lot of money.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2fs6opap said:
Hawkfan77":2fs6opap said:
TheRealDTM":2fs6opap said:

Yep. Just like I'm still waiting for some one to post the names of other current seahawk stars who took "team friendly deals".

All of our key players have gotten top end deals. Why should our QB be treated differently? He has been paid at the absolute bottom for his services to date so give him a break.

I never said his ego took over I said he has a lofty ego. For example he's a listed "actor" in the Entourage movie and trailer. There's also the thing about feeling constantly doubted. His desire to get a top contract. He's dating a famous person, he drives a roles royce.

Almost every 20 year old celebrity millionaire (or soon to be) is going to be a bit egotistical, I don't think it's abnormal or really too much of an issue. Johnny Manziel has ego, he also had a serious alcohol addiction which affected his professional life and personality. To say he or any other QB can't succeed because they are egotistical is kind of crazy.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
To answer the original question, gotta go with Hoyer, since they probably won't be able to talk Orton into unretiring.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Keep an eye on Vernon Adams. He just transferred from eastern Washington to Oregon. Similar skill set to Wilson, and the two are/were friends.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":14i3btav said:
brimsalabim":14i3btav said:
Hawkfan77":14i3btav said:
TheRealDTM":14i3btav said:

I never said his ego took over I said he has a lofty ego. For example he's a listed "actor" in the Entourage movie and trailer. There's also the thing about feeling constantly doubted. His desire to get a top contract. He's dating a famous person, he drives a roles royce.

Almost every 20 year old celebrity millionaire (or soon to be) is going to be a bit egotistical, I don't think it's abnormal or really too much of an issue. Johnny Manziel has ego, he also had a serious alcohol addiction which affected his professional life and personality. To say he or any other QB can't succeed because they are egotistical is kind of crazy.

I think you missed a critical modifier when you originally replied to me. I said "publicly egotistical". That's him being a jackass because he thinks he's awesome. The QBs who survive at this level keep that locked up.

randomation

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3pkyluqc said:
Keep an eye on Vernon Adams. He just transferred from eastern Washington to Oregon. Similar skill set to Wilson, and the two are/were friends.
Vernon Adams is likely going to end up a first or second round choice and will have Russ to thank for paving the way. If he does even half as well as many expect him to at Oregon.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I was trying to figure out why someone would talk about taking a rookie and just plugging him in with a high probability of success. Wilson, Carroll, ans Schneider have made it look easy, but it's not.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
No, it wouldn't be easy. But in terms of getting a qb for dirt cheap, it's a good investment

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
bmorepunk":28qlvdb8 said:
I was trying to figure out why someone would talk about taking a rookie and just plugging him in with a high probability of success. Wilson, Carroll, ans Schneider have made it look easy, but it's not.
The answer is because this is one of the most QB friendly teams in the league right now. We've got arguably the 2-3rd best running-back in the NFL backed by a defense performing at historical levels. The fact is, Wilson has had a relatively easy job compared to most of his peers. He doesn't need to change plays at the LOS, he's asked to make relatively easy throws, and avoid throws that have the potential for turnover. This means he usually isn't asked to throw his receivers open, nor is he asked to execute routes that require precise timing. He generally does not use the middle of the field, and most of his throws are to the sideline meaning that they have a higher chance of bouncing out of bounds harmlessly if Wilson misses a throw. Most of the things this offense does is simplistic, this offense is designed to keep the ball effectively shortening the game, and keeping our defense off the field, and fresh. This method, when running as it should slows down even the most potent offenses. It is extremely hard to score when your offense is never on the field.

This is not a knock on Wilson, it is just what he is asked to do. His main goal is to pick up third downs, and keep the offense on the field. Our offense rarely has to score over 24 points in order to win games. In fact when our offense needs to do so our record is extremely bad. This is why you have people questioning what exactly his value is. This is one of the easier offenses for QB's to step in, and have at least a modicum success. We don't ask very much of our QB's and they are asked to make easy throws, when those throws aren't available it is up to Wilson's legs to either get guys open, or take off for a few cheap yards. That is not to say that he CAN'T make hard throws, he has, and does -- but he isn't asked to do it with any kind of consistency.

Could he have success in another system? Probably, but right now he is not asked to do much. He is a huge part of our success, yet I also have the feeling that the Seahawks could be successful without Wilson. I think around here is value is overrated severely, he is not worth the same amount as somebody such as Aaron Rodgers, especially since before he was paid he was essentially most of the Packers team. Wilson is not Rodgers, and I think its worth noting that he's not very good on short routes, or identifying when teams are trying to blitz him. That makes me worried for his future as a volume passer, which he will need to become if we pay him like Aaron Rodgers.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
randomation":29jpgpmw said:
Jerhawk":29jpgpmw said:
Vernon Adams is likely going to end up a first or second round choice and will have Russ to thank for paving the way. If he does even half as well as many expect him to at Oregon.
He's got to get into Oregon first...