What kind of numbers does Peterson have to put up?

Spohawks

Reaction score
I think Peterson is going to be a homerun difference maker for this year and next. Just referencing finishing this year, what kind of numbers does he have to put up in these last 6 games to be considered a successful signing?

A 1200 yard season is 70 yards a game. The first game in a new uni is almost always bad for a player but I see him dropping 70 yards a game average. 3-4 TDs to finish the season is very doable and would be an enormous improvement over what the Seahawks have shown all year.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Not expecting it, but if he averages 30 yards a game, I would consider that a huge success.

xray

Reaction score
250 yards Sunday & 3 tds . :D

justafan

Reaction score
Its more about the carries as a team IMO. If he and Collins can run well enough to get 25 to 30 carries I think will win. If Waldron calls 10 to12 run plays we will get ran out of the stadium.

flv

Reaction score
Would Seahawks fans have preferred Mekhi Sargent?

hoxrox

Reaction score
AP averaged 3 yards per carry behind a line in Tennessee that is probably better at run blocking than Seattle's. In order get 70 yards a game, he would have to break a long one every game OR get 20+ carries per game.

Unless this is 2012 AP, it ain't happening.

And this hasn't been a run-first team for some time now. Chris Carson had 4.8 ypc in that Rams playoff game and only saw 15 or 16 touches? They tried to win by putting the ball in Russell's hands and we saw what happened when Russ couldn't take the easy layups.

This signing reminds me of the TO signing back in the day. It was cool for the young guys on the team, but TO ended up getting released.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Pick up first downs, extend drives, increase TOP.

If he can help here, he's done his job.

But yeah, he needs more touches than what we've been giving.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I'd be happy if he can convert one or three short-yardage situations a game with a chance for a TD here or there.
I don't see his yds/carry being any better than what we've seen from the other backs.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Any kind of "Numbers" that will help take SOME of the pressures off of Wilson.
Wilson has some bewilders to work his way through, so any & all help from his RB's & TE's is what is needed NOW.
For all the "Pete has been holding Russell Wilson back", or "The Seahawks Offense Has No Identity" crowd? > Pete & John's guilt is/was their inability to finding another RB of Marshawn Lynch's caliber, PERIOD!
Wilson can still find some success, but he CAN NOT do this all by himself.
Sorry 'bout the rant, but I'm growing weary of coming to .NET looking for some insight, or SOME uplifting, but mostly finding folks bickering, or the Non-Constructive jokers praising themselves with "I Told You So's", patting themselves on the back.
Carry on, carrion.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Honestly, unless we go deep into the playoffs, I don't think it matters if he rushes for 200 yards per game and 3 TDs each week. We need to build a team for the future. With 8 losses, our odds of even making the playoffs are slim and having a realistic run at the super bowl title is even longer odds right now. I'm not saying A.P. is a bad player at all, I just think we should have been looking for a younger guy who could possible be a contributor for years to come.

With that said, we did sign him and he's on the team and I'll enjoy watching him produce for us out on the field.