What are the odds of an undefeated season?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't know if I like the idea of "undefeated" - that adds a lot of pressure to playoffs - and it's not important really.

14-2 would be AWESOME!!

15-1 a dream come true!!!!

13-3 acceptable, respectable!!

16-0, I wouldn't bet a dollar (even if it was given to me to bet with)

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
tom sawyer":2cu35j7y said:
To be honest, I don't know if I like the idea of "undefeated" - that adds a lot of pressure to playoffs - and it's not important really.

I mean...are Super Bowl wins important?

It's all about making your mark in history. Being the first team to go 19-0 would immortalize the team forever as one of the all-time greats, and possibly the greatest single-season team in history. I don't think that it's at all likely that we pull this mark off, but a Super Bowl win that includes an undefeated season would be one of the all-time great accomplishments in sports. It would enhance a championship season pretty significantly.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3999r6ex said:
tom sawyer":3999r6ex said:

It's all about making your mark in history. Being the first team to go 19-0 would immortalize the team forever as one of the all-time greats, and possibly the greatest single-season team in history. I don't think that it's at all likely that we pull this mark off, but a Super Bowl win that includes an undefeated season would be one of the all-time great accomplishments in sports. It would enhance a championship season pretty significantly.

Especially in a "repeat" year!

Hawks46

Reaction score
The closest team to do it was the 2007 Pats. The OP compared us to them, but as of right now:

That Pats team had a better offense. Wilson looks like he's really going to take off that year, but Brady was at peak form for a Hall of Fame QB.

Our defense is better. Problem is, the league is writing rules as they go to negate a good defense. So we're actually fighting the league now just to let the strength of our team dominate.

That Pats team had worse competition. Our division is so much better than the AFC East in 07. The Niners will probably beat us down there, it's a short turn around after playing AZ. I don't think we lose to Denver, but you never know. We could get buried in a storm of penalty flags that let Manning play his game, and demoralize the crowd into being quiet.

GB worries me a bit, I'm not going to lie. I theorize we split one game with AZ, but honestly, on paper we should sweep them.

With our schedule, injuries, etc, I predicted a 13-3 season and that's where I'm staying.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":12cwbkir said:
tom sawyer":12cwbkir said:

http://youtu.be/t_Cvns53Tug?t=22s

I just don't see this team right now at capable of 19-0 -- I'm sorry!!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
tom sawyer":2p9gqbv2 said:
I just don't see this team right now at capable of 19-0 -- I'm sorry!!

I do basically agree with this because of the tough conference/division we play in. I think it's technically possible, but just a massive longshot.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
sf. 80
@sf. 60
Stl. 95
@Stl. 70
Ari. 95
@Ari. 80
@Car 60
GB. 70
@Was 80
Dal. 85
@Phi. 65
Nyg. 95
@sd. 65
Den. 65
Oak. 97
@Kc. 75

Totals out to. 1.3 percent chance, barring injuries to "can't lose" players and barring Pete sitting the players in the final weeks, which I don't believe he would do.

Melencause

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":tdsxmhda said:
I'm watching some of the Seahawk preseason games, and I got to say they look fairly unstoppable. The only team that gave the Seahawks starting offense any trouble was the Broncos (although a couple of huge 15 yard penalties negated their effort), but we've already seen what Seattle's DEFENSE can do to Denver.

God I hope it doesn't happen, being a 49er fan, but I haven't seen a team with zero weaknesses like this one since the 2007 Patriots.

Being Seahawks fans, and most certainly homers, do you guys think a 19-0 season is a real possibility? I mean, even if it's like a 1 in 5 shot. What are your thoughts on that?

Who are the teams most likely to beat you this year?

With a week 4 bye. I think the chances of going undefeated are practically 0.
However, with this much improved offense I think 14 wins is definitely doable.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tony Gonzalez guaranteed the Donkos would go undefeated. Which means we can at best be 15-1.

Sorry people. I feel bad ending this party just a it was getting started.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":32tgl6vv said:
Blitzer88":32tgl6vv said:
After what I saw tonight from the first string D, I don't know how to feel about Thursday .........I mean David freaking Carr torched them. And we couldn't stop the run.
This. I wasn't going to start Rogers on my fantasy team but after watching Carr, a Rookie, carve up our starting D I have changed my mind. The saving grace is Russell Wilson. I predict that our offense will have to win quite a few games for us this season because our Depth on D is poo-poo this year.

url-21.gif

Fourth preseason game. Calm. Down.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":33xzyt6o said:
I'm watching some of the Seahawk preseason games, and I got to say they look fairly unstoppable. The only team that gave the Seahawks starting offense any trouble was the Broncos (although a couple of huge 15 yard penalties negated their effort), but we've already seen what Seattle's DEFENSE can do to Denver.

God I hope it doesn't happen, being a 49er fan, but I haven't seen a team with zero weaknesses like this one since the 2007 Patriots.

Being Seahawks fans, and most certainly homers, do you guys think a 19-0 season is a real possibility? I mean, even if it's like a 1 in 5 shot. What are your thoughts on that?

Who are the teams most likely to beat you this year?
Based upon the total number of games played in the NFL's history and the fact only one team has ever done it, I'd say the odds are pretty easy to figure out if you go find how many games have ever been played. Then I'd double those odds, myself, because of parity nowadays, the cba, free agency, etc.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'd say we have a much better chance than most in recent past.

1st because we are damn good and our division, as mighty as it is, may have taken a step backwards due to injuries, suspensions and Kaep, who I think is about as good as he's going to get and I will leave it at that.

2nd...comPete. Not many a coach would risk injury to their franchise QB headed into the post at 14-0 / 15-0 with HFA sewn up. I think Pete would. You get the sense Pete may be our biggest fan and may want to reward the team, Paul and the 12 by going for it all. With a banner in the rafters, I'd applaud the move, as badly as I'd love to repeat. Hey, why not? Coincidently, Pete's football philosophy is very much like Don Shula's....so there's that.

I'd give us a lofty 1% chance of going undeafeated.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Im not going to comment on the odds of 19-0 this year, but LAST YEAR we would have gone 19-0 if we had a legit #1 WR or even if our rb/sort-of-wr from minny was healthy.

Look at the games we lost last year. Tell me lose a single one of them with a #1 wr or even a healthy harvin. I dare you.

The hawks entered the season with one less WR (coughrunningbackcough) than they had planned on, and Rice was clearly done as a player not long after.

The hawks were that close to 19-0.

If any team can do it, it's us.

northseahawk

Reaction score
I am really concerned about the secondary this year. All preseason they are actually getting torched by starting offenses. They (Bears and Raiders) went after Sherman like he is a fresh 5th rounder and have made him look like a 7th rounder. I really hope its just the vanilla playing style and not trying to get hurt stuff rather than the money leading to lesser desire to play hard as before. Its not like that hasn't happened to dozens of star athletes after getting that big contract!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Barthawk":3h1fvele said:
Blitzer88":3h1fvele said:
Throwdown":3h1fvele said:
People are afraid of GB? We're gonna punk those clowns
After what I saw tonight from the first string D, I don't know how to feel about Thursday .........I mean David freaking Carr torched them. And we couldn't stop the run.

Derek not David.. Oakland won their SuperBowl..

I hate that phrase.... don't be a jerk... like San Fran fans after 42-13.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
There was a chance last year. Should've beaten Indy and Arizona. The San Fran game was close enough.

Can't see it this season though.