Week 2

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, I was all excited to watch today's XFL game between DC and Vegas and then...

Good lord what a boring game. If this is what we can expect from the XFL V3.0, uh, I suppose the same demise awaits them as their first two versions.

I really, really, wanted to enjoy a good game. Yes, I know the weather was a factor, but besides that, it was just not entertaining outside of maybe 2 or 3 plays in the entire GAME.

Gotta do better boys or back to bankruptcy you go.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Vipers are “Practice partners” with the Sea Dragons, meaning they share the same facility back in Texas. And they seem to be mirror images in that they can’t finish, and have a lack of discipline Over penalties and turnovers.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The games yesterday were definitely better than the Vipers game on Saturday that's for sure. But wow, the F bombs! I would imagine the FCC will be fining ESPN...There were multiple F bombs and profanity during yesterday's games with no ability or desire to censor. Now I'm not a prude in the least but it did surprise me.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The games yesterday were definitely better than the Vipers game on Saturday that's for sure. But wow, the F bombs! I would imagine the FCC will be fining ESPN...There were multiple F bombs and profanity during yesterday's games with no ability or desire to censor. Now I'm not a prude in the least but it did surprise me.

Like any cable, espn is free to have Cuss words. It’s only a problem for old School tv and radio.

I find the product pretty good. I’ve never heard a play call or heard refs talk. The kickoff and extra point rules make the game that much more competitive.

Besides, what else do we have to watch?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't know ESPN was exempt from the FCC...I know some cable networks are, but I don't recall any ESPN broadcasts (most notably Monday Night Football) not censoring? Maybe it's an NFL thing and not an FCC thing, to try to censor if possible. Regardless it doesn't bother me, in fact it makes it more real. I just found it odd as I am not used to that.

Overall I give XFL Version 3.0 a solid B. Gone are the hokey days of Version 1.0 (The flamboyant "He Hate Me" days, good riddance), and it seems like it's a takeoff of V2 before COVID disrupted all of our lives. There's true talent (some teams more than others, not unlike the NFL), former NFL players and hopefuls trying to put some tape together to grab an NFL scout's attention, which works for us as viewers. The more these players are trying (think preseason), the better the product on the field.

My poor fiance thought she could finally get a break from my NFL obsession during the season and now has to deal with yet more football in Spring, lol. She likes football, is a Seahawks fan, and is now enjoying rooting on the Sea Dragons too, but unlike me, she isn't as diehard a pro football fan that I am. I watch Total Access year round, Good Morning Football, NFL Now, etc. Let's just say she doesn't. LOL.

I LOVE the idea that the NFL is watching to some degree. It's a viable farm system if they so choose, and they get to safely test the different rules to see if any are worth adding to the league. I would give ANYTHING if the NFL would incorporate the rule where coaches get at least one challenge, to challenge ANY PLAY! I have been begging for the NFL to allow that for years. You still get only one or two challenges per game but you get to challenge ANYTHING.

Come on NFL!

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Im a nfl fan kinda in the way you are. Its Also part Of why I watch xfl. Godwin was on the 2020 Dragons. He was the best returner we had in 2022 and a reason we made the playoffs.

Josh Johnson was the LA Wildcats qb and ended up Coming into the title game. Pj Walker and Taylor Heineike both won In nfl.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Giving permission to dress a 47th player as an emergency qb Is a great incentive, but as Of now, most teams do stash a third qb even if it’s on ps, as we did with Mannion, but we may be moving on. If we look to the xfl, I’d suggest am mccarron but with one caveat.

Aj’s declaration that he turned down nfl backup jobs to play in xfl is horseshit Given that Steven Montez signed with xfl on Nov 15 after having been released from Detroit’s ps And resigned to Detroit ps a month later.