Weather games

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Buffalo might be the windiest game played on Sunday with a snow squall..going Steelers in this one as I like their running game better and it fits the nfl agenda a bit more so I suspect bad officiating. That aside though how bad should it get before rescheduling is possible?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
God it just seems to me it SUCKS to be a fan of a "fair weather city" team. It's a built in advantage every year. California, Texas, and Florida teams suck in the cold. Teams from cold weather outdoor stadiums are built for all conditions.

Gotta suck to be a Dolphin or Buccaneer fan. This week the cold probably does Miami in, and if the Bucs advance it is likely only to lose miserably somewhere in the cold. Same could happen to the Rams.

Could end up a factor for the Texans too. Might even happen to the Lions, that Dome is a disadvantage built right into the team...

Last edited:

94Smith

Reaction score
Gotta suck to be a Dolphin or Buccaneer fan. This week the cold probably does Miami in, and if the Bucs advance it is likely only to lose miserably somewhere in the cold. Same could happen to the Rams.
Only place Buccaneers would be travelling to would be SF (nicer weather), Detroit (dome), Dallas (dome) or they would be hosting a game . LA Rams only cold weather stadium is to possibly travel the Philly if Philly beat the bucs and GB beat Dallas. Green Bay will not host a game because they are the 7th seed

94Smith

Reaction score
AFC has all the outdoor weather stadiums this year, Buffalo, KC, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore. Baltimore is going to have a huge weather advantage

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Only place Buccaneers would be travelling to would be SF (nicer weather), Detroit (dome), Dallas (dome) or they would be hosting a game . LA Rams only cold weather stadium is to possibly travel the Philly if Philly beat the bucs and GB beat Dallas. Green Bay will not host a game because they are the 7th seed
Yeah, I guess I wasn't thinking about all the possible seeding possibilities, but even rain can be a scourge for a dome team!

Well we in Seattle and you in SF, may not have to face real cold, but it seems to be enough to have to play in the rain now and then, to condition our teams to be at least capable of winning in a cold weather city.

Dome teams struggle in the rain, or sometimes even on a soggy field. If I owned a team, I'd at least want an outdoor stadium, no matter what.