We Were All Wrong

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete Ball will make it's return. Pete goes to Pete Ball once he is comfortable with his defense controlling the opponent. They came out firing against the Chargers because they are very capable of putting up a lot of points. When they play more deficient opponents Pete Ball will rear it's ugly head. It's how he prefers to play.

Pete Ball is what you're watching now. Physical running game opening up high percentage safe intermediate to short route trees and play action.

It's literally what 90% of the league runs.

So sure, bring on Pete Ball. It's not the pejorative phrase you think it is, and Pete's proving that right now without Russell that he and his coordinators can run a far more complex and dynamic offense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Pete was in the playoffs 8 of 10 years and 2 super bowl's, and has his team in 1st place. Yeah, Pete sucks. I wanted them to move on from him too. But hell no. He can go when HE decides to go. He is doing his best coaching job ever. Just my opinion.

You just can't help yourself, Fade. Dear God, get over it. Pete is a hell of a coach. You're even worse than the people who spend 24/7 dwelling on Bobby, Russ and anyone else who USED to play here. Get the hell over it, and over yourself.

Last edited:

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I literally had this season pegged as a return to the normal trend of not having a QB to take us anywhere. I totally overlooked Geno as being a viable option. I've been completely wrong. He has stepped up and done some good blue-collar work out there as a QB and I appreciate it.

Now, hopefully Russ can take the Broncos and complete this horrific year so we can get some amazing draft picks next year and the fleecing I would love to see come to completion.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The NFC is in shambles, and Pete is great, so what's the problem?
WTF are you even talking about???

In the 31, head to head games this season, the NFC has won 19 of them, and the AFC has won 12.

By top ten DVOA, 50% are NFC teams and 50% are AFC teams.

In the top 50% DVOA, 7 of the teams are NFC and 9 are AFC

Current top ten odds to make the Super Bowl include 6 NFC teams and 4 AFC teams

The eyeball test says there are 6 really good teams in the AFC, and 7 in the NFC

At the top, there is clearly Buffalo... and then everybody else, but within the tiers of everybody else, there is a lot of parity, whether AFC or NFC. Just because some of the big name teams in the NFC are struggling, doesn't mean the conference is weak. In fact it may mean that there is just a lot of parity right now.

Last edited:

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
A franchise QB who's over inflated skills are being exposed under a lesser experienced coach.

What exactly do you think happens when a coach gets fired? Do you think the owner sits in his office chair and thinks "he isn't winning enough for me, I think I'll fire him". That is not even close to what happens. The owner talks to the GM. They talk to the other team coaches. They talk to the players. They find out how much faith the TEAM has in the coaches ability. ALL players in the NFL are competitors that do not like to lose. It is easy for a coach to lose faith from their players. When that happens that is often the reason they are fired. From everything I've heard the players and coaches on the Seahawks have a lot of faith in PC.
I would say that the retired players that have returned to visit and hang out at practice now that 3 is gone is a very big sign of that.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
WTF are you even talking about???

In the 31, head to head games this season, the NFC has won 19 of them, and the AFC has one 12.

By top ten DVOA, 50% are NFC teams and 50% are AFC teams.

In the top 50% DVOA, 7 of the teams are NFC and 9 are AFC

Current top ten odds to make the Super Bowl include 6 NFC teams and 4 AFC teams

The eyeball test says there are 6 really good teams in the AFC, and 7 in the NFC

At the top, there is clearly Buffalo... and then everybody else, but within the tiers of everybody else, there is a lot of parity, whether AFC or NFC. Just because some of the big name teams in the NFC are struggling, doesn't mean the conference is weak. In fact it may mean that there is just a lot of parity right now.
NO you didn't.... 🤖

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete should be leading the Coach of the year and John GM of the year at this point. If we break out with 8-8 or 7-9 they should still get it based on all those Experts using a back hoe to bury us all off season. If we do better that's salt in their wounds. But having said all that, they will give it to a East Coast team or Mid west, Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Chargers are not doing anything ground breaking. We are still in South Alaska and or Egypt in their minds.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Often, when I make a point or say something that might be controversial, I'll say something like "I speak only for myself."

Then, people are free to disagree with whatever I've said, but nobody gets the impression that I'm lumping them in with anything.

Well that would be a logical statement. Fade purposefully makes statements that he knows will get angry reactions and/or arguments.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It shouldn't need to be said.

It is better for the team to be good than for anyone to be right.

We don't know enough to know where we are right now.
But we know that near the halfway point, we are much better than anyone expected.
The defense looks better in the past 2 games. It looked awful for most of the games before that.

Everyone is hoping the defense has improved. If so, this is a very good team - is it a playoff contender? Does that matter? this is all found wins.
We should be happy we still have our Seahawk Sundays. Not clear what the problem is.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Often, when I make a point or say something that might be controversial, I'll say something like "I speak only for myself."

Then, people are free to disagree with whatever I've said, but nobody gets the impression that I'm lumping them in with anything.
I disagree! 😜

Hawkpower

Reaction score
It shouldn't need to be said.

It is better for the team to be good than for anyone to be right.

We don't know enough to know where we are right now.
But we know that near the halfway point, we are much better than anyone expected.
The defense looks better in the past 2 games. It looked awful for most of the games before that.

Everyone is hoping the defense has improved. If so, this is a very good team - is it a playoff contender? Does that matter? this is all found wins.
We should be happy we still have our Seahawk Sundays. Not clear what the problem is.

We are nearly at the halfway point and they are the #3 seed

I think that's the very definition of a contender for a playoff spot.