We Were All Wrong

themunn

Reaction score
What's his playoff record since 2015?
3 wins, which is more than all but 7 teams in that time.

If you strip out the wins by a team who made or won the superbowl too (since apparently we should only look at wins in seasons where you don't make it to the superbowl) it's more than all but KC and Green Bay, who incidentally have 2 of the greatest QBs to have ever lived.

olyfan63

Reaction score
For some this 15-page thread is trash, for others this 15-page thread is treasure.

You are free to not click, to not post, or to post complaining about it. It seems perhaps you are enjoying a little trash or maybe it really is treasure.
Meanwhile, I'm thinking, this was a 3 page or so thread yesterday, and now it's 16 pages, WTF happened here? Not sure I am up for wading through the middle of the explosion of posts.

I generally enjoy Fade's posts, trying to imagine what world certain things he says could be true in. What is it that makes parody entertaining? It's when the ridiculous and twisted exaggerations have some recognizable elements of truth, whether substantive or merely cosmetic, that we can recognize, and play along with. Fade's unreasonable and intense dislike for Pete pervades nearly every post of his. Whatever.

So I took the thread starter post as a Fade parody that now the season is a failure, Pete's a failure, unless the Seahawks win 12 games and reach the NFCCG. Just more Fade-Hate for Pete, disguised as knob-slobbering.

Hey, it's just an Internet message board, have some fun, learn a few things, and remember to get out and have some fun. I was gonna go to the Hawks road game against the Bucs in Tampa until bitch-slapped by reality that the game is in freakin' GERMANY. Oh well.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Keyshawn is a USC Alumni and most likely knows Pete inside and out in how he builds a team, maybe a slight bit of Homerism as well, but Johnson also never pulled a punch when commenting on things as well.
OMG, that Avatar!! Brilliant, hysterically funny!! And good point about Keyshawn being a USC guy... Just throw him the damn ball!

olyfan63

Reaction score
When its all said and done, the 2 to 3 drafts prior to this year will look better and better as players like Eskridge, Brown, Taylor, Brooks, Parkinson and one or two others continue their improved play.
Colby Parkinson has been remarkable this season. I'd written the dude off with all his injuries. Still looking, hoping, for Eskridge to adjust to the NFL. Brooks and Taylor have shown they can ball out in the right scheme, now just need to do it consistently in THIS YEAR's scheme. Brown, I guess that's Tre Brown, well, you can never have too many NFL-level DBs, especially in the postseason. With better DB depth, Hawks would have 3 Lombardis. Marquand Manuel and Jeremy Lane, both SB injury casualties, replaced by huge dropoff players, and ruthlessly exploited by opponents.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Sticking with 7 wins, schedule gets hard, we aren’t deep enough to sustain injuries. Walker looks legit.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
A franchise QB who's over inflated skills are being exposed under a lesser experienced coach.

What exactly do you think happens when a coach gets fired? Do you think the owner sits in his office chair and thinks "he isn't winning enough for me, I think I'll fire him". That is not even close to what happens. The owner talks to the GM. They talk to the other team coaches. They talk to the players. They find out how much faith the TEAM has in the coaches ability. ALL players in the NFL are competitors that do not like to lose. It is easy for a coach to lose faith from their players. When that happens that is often the reason they are fired. From everything I've heard the players and coaches on the Seahawks have a lot of faith in PC.

Here's what Geno Smith had to say on the subject recently:
Our success so far starts with the trust and belief of our head coach. Not many coaches would start two rookies on the offensive line, a rookie running back, two rookie cornerbacks. Not many coaches would be comfortable starting a quarterback who hasn’t played in many years. But Pete does it because he knows what he’s looking at. He’s played young guys before, lots of times. He’s taken chances on players, lots of time. He knows how to coach ball. You can see that this year.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
If a team is universally predicted, by "the experts," to finish in the bottom 5 of the league, but makes the playoffs, that is a coaching success, period.

The NFCCG or Pete is a bust narrative is simply ridiculous. This is still a team that is in year one of a rebuild/ reload/ remake whatever you want to call it. No matter the strength of the conference, playoff football is always a different kind of battle. A great coach is necessary, but not sufficient, for a deep run. Making the playoffs is a coaching success.

Saying that Schneider's picks were hamstrung by Carroll trading them away, but Schneider gets all the credit for the draft is equally ridiculous. Both share the blame/ credit for the vision, and for building a team with this potential. Another coaching success.

Ozzy

Reaction score
If a team is universally predicted, by "the experts," to finish in the bottom 5 of the league, but makes the playoffs, that is a coaching success, period.

The NFCCG or Pete is a bust narrative is simply ridiculous. This is still a team that is in year one of a rebuild/ reload/ remake whatever you want to call it. No matter the strength of the conference, playoff football is always a different kind of battle. A great coach is necessary, but not sufficient, for a deep run. Making the playoffs is a coaching success.

Saying that Schneider's picks were hamstrung by Carroll trading them away, but Schneider gets all the credit for the draft is equally ridiculous. Both share the blame/ credit for the vision, and for building a team with this potential. Another coaching success.
Good post. I was critical of Pete and John on some levels these past few years which made me worried but they have done a fantastic job. They deserve credit too for changing their process and seeing their blind spots and improving them. I think they got a little stagnant for a couple of years but they seem to be back to doing what they had so much success with early. If they nail next years draft then Seattle could very well be back to a 10+ win year in and year out team with a chance to compete for a SB. That's all you can ask for.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

That's an important part of Fade's shtick: anything bad that happens for the Seahawks is Carroll's fault, and anything good that happens for the Seahawks is due to somebody else overcoming Carroll's failures. In the past, it was mostly Wilson. Even when it looks like Carroll has done something really good, Fade finds a way to give the credit to somebody else. He starts with the conclusion, that Carroll is hurting the team, and then cherry-picks data to support it.

Remember, Fade had been telling us for years that the team should fire Carroll, invest heavily in Wilson, and get an offense-minded coach who could develop modern schemes based on Wilson's talents. Y'know, exactly what the Broncos did 😬. He also told us that Carroll was holding Wilson back with a 1970s-football philosophy and a complete unwillingness to run modern schemes like the one the Seahawks are running to great success now (and by that, I mean "now that Wilson's gone"). And Fade told us the Broncos were an organization being run much better than the Seahawks, making much-better free-agent acquisitions and drafting much better. Given that and the Broncos' poor records (and therefore more-valuable draft picks), the Broncos' roster was supposedly quite superior to the poorly run Seahawks'.

I know it might sound crazy, but it almost seems like Pete Carroll might know more about how to run an NFL team than a guy constantly posting wildly wrong takes on a fan message board.

I'll give the guy credit for two things.
First, he isn't just wrong all the time, but spectacularly so, and with an arrogance that makes it extra-entertaining when his predictions and assertions are totally blown up by actual NFL results. @LeaveLynchAlone has pointed out that this makes Fade's posts worth reading, and I agree completely.

Second, what an athlete! NFL goalposts weigh over 500 pounds, and this guy moves them really far and really fast. As @Maelstrom787 has so artfully shown by quoting Fade's posts from this thread and from other threads in the recent past, in a matter of weeks we've gone from the Seahawks being a 5-12 team with a roster so weak that nobody could even get close to winning a title with it, to the Seahawks being a team so solid that if Carroll doesn't take it to the NFCCG, he will have failed. Anything to be able to say Carroll failed.
For those who think the speed with which Fade moves the goalposts violates special relativity, don't worry. The superluminal speeds don't violate relativity because no information is transmitted.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Fades tryng..He finally buried Russ and seems to be coming
around a little.
We all know he will jump off if it goes wrong but at least he's
not hiding like a few that are.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You were off the Pete Wagon two weeks ago or thereabouts, remember?

Don't need vindication. I just want the Seahawks to win and compete for championships. Pete is standing in the way of that if he continues to disappoint and go out early in the playoffs. This year is ripe for the pluckin'.

If Pete can't make an NFCCG with a top 5 QB, the #1 scoring offense in the NFC, in an NFC that has never been worse, when will he?

I was off the Pete wagon like two years ago, but again the difference is I don't put qualifiers and move the goal posts as to what needs to happen for me to enjoy this very surprising season of fun Hawk football to watch so I can still feel "right."

I was wrong, Pete's doing a fantastic job, and as time goes along and Russell continues to struggle and we become better and better as this roster is infused with more elite talent thanks to the Denver Broncos? Then yeah I think we can get to a NFCG.

But I'm sure as hell not going to move my goal post and say it HAS to happen this year or else "SEE EVERYONE I WAS RIGHT!!"

That's lame dude. Really lame.

JPatera76

Reaction score
@SoulfishHawk, did you notice #83, Dareke YOUNG, getting some playing time against the Chargers on Sunday?

17 snaps on offense, 15 on "teams." Now nobody can deny it's a YOUNG team!
Was Dareke Young playing before or after DK was pulled. I feel if anything maybe Dareke Young is the "Next man up" and Petes truly going back to what we used to see. "Next Man Up"