We should say bye bye to Alex Collins

Basis4day

Reaction score
Many posters wanted to cut Prosise and keep Pope back in August.

Is it so wrong to let players develop? Spencer Ware showed very little while hear and was cut for off the field reasons. Now he is flourishing.

HawkerD

Reaction score
edogg23":3n2pqmer said:
While we are at it, can we give more of Kearse's reps to P-Rich? Kearse was a bad signing.

Way to go. Lets turn this "AC is crap" thread into another Kearse hater thread. DOesn't change the fact that AC is crap.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":c8wrxmyq said:
Was that butt fumble 2.0? He coughed it up instantly. I need to see it again. Regardless that was pathetic. Can't waste carries on this guy

I really hope someone pulls a gif for that play and posts it in here... From what I remember is looked just like what you said. I'll have to see if I can find it anywhere online since I don't have this game saved unfortunately :(

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's way too soon to just cut Collins............but he will probably go to the practice squad once Rawls is back.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Why is it too early to cut him? He was a fifth round pick, hardly a significant investment. He has not looked NFL caliber for a single second, not even against scrubs during the preseason. He hurts the team when he gets the freakin ball.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1wqv36o3 said:
It's way too soon to just cut Collins............but he will probably go to the practice squad once Rawls is back.

Don't you have to cut someone to put them on the Practice Squad??

bandiger

Reaction score
Basis4day":2t4n2xsd said:

Is it so wrong to let players develop? Spencer Ware showed very little while hear and was cut for off the field reasons. Now he is flourishing.

I thought Ware looked great but then you have Lynch, Turbin, Michael, Mike Rob, and Coleman already on the roster. He was cut because they had too much depth at RB at that time.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
10 carries 19 yards, 1.9 avg, 1 TD, 1 fumble

I think we can do better. Even Tuakufu would be a better short yardage option than this.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
DJrmb":3fnkl02g said:
Sgt. Largent":3fnkl02g said:

Don't you have to cut someone to put them on the Practice Squad??

Yes you do have to cut someone from the practice squad to place one more there. I agree with Sgt that we should give him more time to develop. The play a few games back that he got the short td showed he has promise. What I am saying is he has NOT peaked. He widened his base and was able to show that he could belong. Give him some more time, and he could be our number 2....or 3. I want to see more before we just dump him so he goes to Dallas. :mrgreen:

RussB

Reaction score
Hes so slow, and its not that hes slow. He cant even break tackles the way i thought he would. If a guy is slow but is a good downhill power runner that gets yards after contact thats good but he seems to struggle with that also. Prosise on the other hand is like a dual threat beast.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Basis4day":282bajsz said:

No I think they were worried that Prosise was injury prone, but wanted to cut Collins and keep Pope.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1ghuezlo said:
thebanjodude":1ghuezlo said:
Why is it too early to cut him? He was a fifth round pick, hardly a significant investment. He has not looked NFL caliber for a single second, not even against scrubs during the preseason. He hurts the team when he gets the freakin ball.

In his limited snaps, he has made a couple of big plays. Let's not run away with the negativity.

lolwut?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CollAl00.htm

Big play machine he is not.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Troymaine Pope needs to take his roster spot...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You look at Bell for Pitt and heres a guy thats not fast but waits for the hole and jumps into it and uses a little burst of speed.AC cannot even wait because he's too slow with no burst of any kind..Power?Don't see it.JS just got duped and bombed with that pick is all.A good lesson will be learned from all this,I hope..

inda2o6

Reaction score
I agree, & we should also say good bye to Kearse and Nolan Frese. I'm want Clint Gresham back. I know Steven Hauschka has some blame for the plays, but Nolan Frese is a bad signing. That short kickoff last night cost us field position, and thats on Hauschka. I would like to see Tanner get some of Kearse's reps and not be a game day healthy scratch. :?

thebanjodude

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1aaifc2x said:
thebanjodude":1aaifc2x said:
FlyHawksFly":1aaifc2x said:
thebanjodude":1aaifc2x said:

In his limited snaps, he has made a couple of big plays. Let's not run away with the negativity.

lolwut?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CollAl00.htm

Big play machine he is not.

Have you actually watched this season? Didn't mean big in terms of yardage.

I've watched every game. Are you talking about the dump off passes he caught, where no one was even close to him and he got gimme first downs? That's the standard of a big play now? Dude seriously looks slower than Tukuafu, he doesn't make anyone miss, he almost always goes down on first contact, he's just flat out bad.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Largent80":3u1pd2ln said:
He needs to be on the practice squad. And why did Bevell even have him in there?

Agreed. No legit reason to give him a whiff of the field in a game like this, given his fumbling issues.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think it's a very distinct possibility that he gets cut when Rawls returns. I hate to give up so fast on a rookie, but hes just not worth rostering with Rawls, Prosise and Michael ahead of him. And he's shown next to nothing in his small amount of game time so I think we could easily sneak him back onto the practice squad

Latest posts