Watching Petey's presser

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Pete acted like the Hawks won the Super Bowl when they beat Philly. He has cost the Hawks so many big games, and he'll be best remembered for the worst decision and call of all-time. What a ridiculous comparison. Reid wasn't senile and washed up like Pete. At least both Philly & Reid had the smart sense to move on from each other, which this market can't seem to grasp, instead of wanting to relive the glory days. Pete's rah rah act is so stale and yesterday.

Sure. How many leads has Reid's teams blown? For many years, Reid couldn't win the big one. He lost a SB too, like Pete. We could go on all day. Even today, there is some talk swirling around about Reid retiring.

I think both coaches are close to the end. They're both up there in age. But, your take is simplistic and ignores the body of work both coaches have put together. Fact is, and you can argue this all you want, it won't change anything, but both coaches are good at what they do.

No one can consistently win year in, year out, over a long period of time, unless your QB is Tom Brady.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Sure. How many leads has Reid's teams blown? For many years, Reid couldn't win the big one. He lost a SB too, like Pete. We could go on all day. Even today, there is some talk swirling around about Reid retiring.

I think both coaches are close to the end. They're both up there in age. But, your take is simplistic and ignores the body of work both coaches have put together. Fact is, and you can argue this all you want, it won't change anything, but both coaches are good at what they do.

No one can consistently win year in, year out, over a long period of time, unless your QB is Tom Brady.
Cheating also helps....well it did in the Brady era.

BASF

Reaction score
Pete acted like the Hawks won the Super Bowl when they beat Philly. He has cost the Hawks so many big games, and he'll be best remembered for the worst decision and call of all-time. What a ridiculous comparison. Reid wasn't senile and washed up like Pete. At least both Philly & Reid had the smart sense to move on from each other, which this market can't seem to grasp, instead of wanting to relive the glory days. Pete's rah rah act is so stale and yesterday.
I will preface this with I want Carroll to retire, but is he the one on the field unable to shed blocks and tackle middling running backs?

LastRideOut

Reaction score
All we heard about Hawks D was calling it LOB 2.0. Not even close. There will never been another LOB.

I wasn't talking about the defense specifically. I was referring to overall talent. DK. Lockett. JSN. Fant. K9. Charbs. Lucas. Cross. Mafe. Spoon. Williams. Love.

The team has a lot of talent. Far too much to be middling like they are right now.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
I will preface this with I want Carroll to retire, but is he the one on the field unable to shed blocks and tackle middling running backs?

Pete is the one hiring the coordinators, the fan base cries every season calling for their firing, but Pete himself is never held accountable for being the one hiring them in the first place. We're talking multiple coordinator hires.

Pete was certainly the one responsible for Super Bowl Int

BASF

Reaction score
Pete is the one hiring the coordinators, the fan base cries every season calling for their firing, but Pete himself is never held accountable for being the one hiring them in the first place. We're talking multiple coordinator hires.

Pete was certainly the one responsible for Super Bowl Int

Based on what exactly?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Not sure the LOB would be celebrating this victory much.
I don't really feel like this win qualifies as a victory on our part. Yes, Geno and the offense put together another great last 2 minute scoring drive. But the game was decided on a missed FG attempt by an opponent who followed our great drive with one of their own in the last minute only to see a kick sail wide right by a matter of inches. To me that is less a victory and more a matter of good fortune.
Six of our nine wins this year came from game winning late drives. Most of those games should never have been that close.

Lockett is a genuine prize and Njigba looks for all the world like another one!!!!

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
I don't really feel like this win qualifies as a victory on our part. Yes, Geno and the offense put together another great last 2 minute scoring drive. But the game was decided on a missed FG attempt by an opponent who followed our great drive with one of their own in the last minute only to see a kick sail wide right by a matter of inches. To me that is less a victory and more a matter of good fortune.
Six of our nine wins this year came from game winning late drives. Most of those games should never have been that close.

Lockett is a genuine prize and Njigba looks for all the world like another one!!!!
And lost AT LEAST 4 games they shouldn't have. This is not a good team.

renofox

Reaction score
No. But he is the one who chooses the players, the coaches to teach them, and the schemes.in which they'll play.

He BUILT this. He RUNS this.

Only an incompetent tradesman blames his tools. Only an incompetent leader blames those he leads. Especially when each has chosen their own tools/people for the job.

The buck stops with PC. 100%.

BASF

Reaction score
No. But he is the one who chooses the players, the coaches to teach them, and the schemes.in which they'll play.

He BUILT this. He RUNS this.

Only an incompetent tradesman blames his tools. Only an incompetent leader blames those he leads. Especially when each has chosen their own tools/people for the job.

The buck stops with PC. 100%.
Absolutely agreed, but some act like Carroll is telling his players, "Don't shed this block," and "Miss this tackle"

Pliskin

Reaction score
It reminds me a little bit of the situation my home soccer team were in last season, with regards to the head coach.

Things were fine, but it was clear that the direction of the team behind the scenes wasn’t working. There was a complete mismanagement of players that led to regular underperforming and a real sense of decline.

If there’s an issue brewing, the leadership need to recognise this and they almost have to predict how it may go…. It might turn out fine, but it could also lead to a rapid decline. Sometimes tough calls have to be made to benefit the future of the franchise if it’s starting to look like a head coach is losing a grip of a team, is it fair to let them fall from grace and permanently tarnish their reputation?

Things can turn sour very quickly, and all of a sudden everyone loses patience and it becomes a volatile place to play football, and not in a good way.

There’s nothing wrong with respectfully saying, coach, thanks you’re a legend, but it’s time to move in a new direction. Sport is constantly evolving, and you’ve got to be prepared to evolve with it, or risk being left behind.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Perhaps we should just start one comprehensive Pete Hate thread so those with the disposition to call the best coach the team has ever had a clown can have a place to repeat their often repeated allegations of idiocy and incompetence.

What has happened is the D failed to show up at various times for incredibly long periods of time nd the DC was unable to even create an ability in the D to do the fundamentals. Is PC responsible? For sure b/c the buck stops on his desk.

There is real talent on the team but they have vastly underperformed on the defensive side of the ball and O is simply inconsistent blowing cold, then hot ,and then cold again. it seems the OLine needs a lot of help.

Is all that PC's fault? Certainly b/c he is in charge, but unless you are buying the Pete as a the Meddling Messiah theory where he is capable of doing all the jobs of both the DC and the OC both those coordinators have underperformed this season. To me the DC is simply incompetent and has proven it. The D as ridiculously underperformed all season long and in fact continued a lot of what they were doing wrong last season as well.

Last edited:

KamBam31

Reaction score
The decisions Pete Carroll has made are hurting the team. Take for instance trading a 2nd round pick this year for a rental defensive lineman from the Giants.
That was a. HORRIBLE trade and solely on Pete Carroll.