Walter Jones a first year HOF Semifinalist

HawkWow

Reaction score
IIRC, I think Walt had like 8 holding calls go against him....over the course of his career. How frikin' nutz is that? Arguably the greatest Hawk of all time. Arguably the greatest T of all time.

First ballot...no brainer.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Marvin Harrison's alleged shoot Em up at the car wash aside and that is a seriously classy group right there. Wow.

drdiags

Reaction score
From 25, they have to pare down to 5 or 6 plus an old-timers. Going to be interesting. Walt should be a first ballot but until I see his name on the scroll that Saturday leading up to the Superbowl I am going to be concerned.

hawksman53

Reaction score
If anyone votes against him getting in they need to be stripped of their vote completely because that would prove they know absolutely NOTHING about football!

Osprey

Reaction score
Undoubtedly a first ballot player due to his own accomplishments, but for once being a Seahawk will actually enhance his resume. The franchise has gained credibility under the current regime and it will only help.

I caught the last few minutes of the NFL Network show and the entire panel picked Walter as a lock.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
There aren't any other major offensive line candidates this year so he won't have many people to be comapred to. I would be shocked if he was not a finalist.

There is only Joe Jacoby at tackle who definitely isn't a candidate and Will Shields who is a guard and not a premier tackle of the era.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3k4v5rv4 said:
Marvin Harrison's alleged shoot Em up at the car wash aside and that is a seriously classy group right there. Wow.

I disagree. Regardless of the shooting, Harrison is the opposite of class. He came out on two separate occasions complaining about not getting the ball enough...after blow out victories. Pure individual right there.

RiverDog

Reaction score
HawkWow":3h5iio4s said:
IIRC, I think Walt had like 8 holding calls go against him....over the course of his career. How frikin' nutz is that? Arguably the greatest Hawk of all time. Arguably the greatest T of all time.

First ballot...no brainer.

I'd heard that, too. Awesome stat.

I don't like calling anyone "best ever" as I don't think it fair to compare players from different eras as the game changes so much, but he was arguably the best of his day, his only real competition coming from Jonathan Ogden, of whom I heard has a similar holding stat.

If Walt doesn't get elected on the first ballot, they need to burn the place down.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":1a0iwo52 said:
IIRC, I think Walt had like 8 holding calls go against him....over the course of his career.

It was nine holding calls. That's PRO. Over the course of a thirteen year career, Walter Jones is AMAZING.

kidhawk

Reaction score
We all know that the time leading up to the superbowl can get a little overdone, especially for the fans whose team isn't in the game, but when we make it to the superbowl this year, AND Big Walt is announced for the HOF at the same time, it will be an epic week for Seahawks fans.....

Make it so