Wagner, Love, Spoon Pro Bowlers

renofox

Reaction score
The selection process has been broken for years, but it's getting worse. The number of ridiculous picks gets larger every year.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Maybe the final drive against the Eagles was after the voting was closed. Otherwise DK might have had a better shot.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
No DK? Love? Nice couple of games recently but really? Lockett gets the annual snub. Pro Bowl is a trip.
Lockett isn't having that good of a year

kidhawk

Reaction score
DK and I believe 7 others are alternates. I remember reading Diggs, Geno and K9 off the top of my head. Oh yes and Love too. Should be 3 more. Mafe I think. That leaves two. Trying to remember without looking but I can’t recall the other two.

Had to look. The other two were Nick Bellore and Michael Dickson.

Last edited:

flv2

Reaction score
Metcalf wouldn't be in my top 10 WRs for 2023. Good player, but not that sort of season for him.

RiverDog

Reaction score
No DK? Love? Nice couple of games recently but really? Lockett gets the annual snub. Pro Bowl is a trip.
There's a ton of competition at the WR position, and Metcalf doesn't even crack the top 10 in receptions (14th) or receiving yards (42nd). Same story with Lockett, who ranks 23rd in receptions and 39th in receiving yards. If you look at PFF's player rankings, Metcalf is ranked 19th, Lockett 26th. Plus, neither player can be considered a dual threat WR like Tyreek Hill or Deebo Samuel, and they're playing for a .500 team. Only a true homer would look at those facts and call it a snub.

That doesn't mean that I agree with all of the selections. If you want to talk about snubs, I don't see how they could justify putting Mike Evans ahead of the Lions' Amon Ra St. Brown, who's had a tremendous season, tied for 2nd in the league in receptions, 5th in receiving yards, and tied for 5th in TD's. PFF has Ra St. Brown ranked as the 7th best WR. Evans is ranked 15th, and he's playing for a .500 team. The Lions have had their best season in three decades.

Agreed about Love. Same with Budda Baker, who plays for the 26th ranked defense and his team is 4-12. PFF has Baker ranked 53rd amongst safeties. His two teammates, Tashaun Gipson and Jalen Thompson, are ranked higher than he is.

Last edited:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
There is too many pro bowl picks, alternates and more picks.
I miss when it really meant something instead of this weak and lazy system.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Pro bowl ain't what it used to be...it's meh in my eyes now...who even watches anymore?

RiverDog

Reaction score
There is too many pro bowl picks, alternates and more picks.
I miss when it really meant something instead of this weak and lazy system.
I agree. Free agency and the explosion of player salaries has reshaped my attitude towards all-star games, pro bowls, hall of fame inductions, MVP's, and other individual awards and accolades. Anymore, I'm all about the team, and I couldn't give a rip if no Seahawks made the Pro Bowl or if 22 of them made it. I'll debate the worthiness of selections and such, but as far as getting upset at a snub or some other injustice, I personally couldn't give a rip.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There's a ton of competition at the WR position, and Metcalf doesn't even crack the top 10 in receptions (14th) or receiving yards (42nd). Same story with Lockett, who ranks 23rd in receptions and 39th in receiving yards. If you look at PFF's player rankings, Metcalf is ranked 19th, Lockett 26th. Plus, neither player can be considered a dual threat WR like Tyreek Hill or Deebo Samuel, and they're playing for a .500 team. Only a true homer would look at those facts and call it a snub.

That doesn't mean that I agree with all of the selections. If you want to talk about snubs, I don't see how they could justify putting Mike Evans ahead of the Lions' Amon Ra St. Brown, who's had a tremendous season, tied for 2nd in the league in receptions, 5th in receiving yards, and tied for 5th in TD's. PFF has Ra St. Brown ranked as the 7th best WR. Evans is ranked 15th, and he's playing for a .500 team. The Lions have had their best season in three decades.

Agreed about Love. Same with Budda Baker, who plays for the 26th ranked defense and his team is 4-12. PFF has Baker ranked 53rd amongst safeties. His two teammates, Tashaun Gipson and Jalen Thompson, are ranked higher than he is.

All good points but if the Pro Bowl is truly a popularity contest like many think, I find it odd DK doesn't make it in on that alone.

RiverDog

Reaction score
All good points but if the Pro Bowl is truly a popularity contest like many think, I find it odd DK doesn't make it in on that alone.
So what makes you think that DK is popular? If anything, his antics would make him unpopular. Heck, even within his own fan base, the opinion on him is split.

But so long as you brought up popularity, they'd be better off if they gave fans some input like they do in MLB's all star game.