UW vs Oregon

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
By the way not only did the offensive playcalling suck, but with a 10 point lead the defense also folded like Jared Goff with an onrushing d-lineman in his face.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not in the 4th.

Defense got stops in the 4th. We just didn't get scores on our turn. In fact, that TD that put Oregon up over us, was after a 3rd down stop.

Oregon coaches just wanted it more. So they went on 4th. We didn't.

CPHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3w5644wr said:
DPI not called, game over. Gotta love those SHIT Pac-12 refs

Our Hawk DB's have that much contact on most plays, it wasn't PI.

Good game UW.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

CPHawk":1d3su8wd said:
hawksfansinceday1":1d3su8wd said:

Good game UW.

Coverage? He knocked him down.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

hawksfansinceday1":3t4pqa5a said:
^^^^
Hey Huskies:
you've tried that stupid-assed Wildcat direct snap to Pleasant 3 times on 3rd and short and it's failed 3 times. Maybe instead of taking your best back Ahmed (6.6 YPC today!) out of the game on 3rd and short you should actually give him the football?
And why did you take the ball out of your QB's hands when he's nails today? Why not let him throw on 2nd and 2?

Inexplicably poor play calling

Our OC Bush Hamdan is derailing the Husky's resurgence. He's been doing it ever since he got here two years ago.

He has been the DIRECT cause of several losses the last two years.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1depls3t said:
DomeHawk":1depls3t said:
CPHawk":1depls3t said:
hawksfansinceday1":1depls3t said:

Good game UW.

Seems everyone but you saw the PI. That isn't the story of the game but yes, everyone but Whoregon fans saw it.

https://larrybrownsports.com/college-fo ... ton/519552
There was definitely contact earlu but it was a decent no call...WR flopped dramatically.

You hit the nail on the head earlier when you said Hamdan cost them games, including this one. The Huskies had been pickung up yards in the ground all game and I was shocked when they didn't run on 4th.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Chrome_Seahawk":1kgezq32 said:
DomeHawk":1kgezq32 said:
DomeHawk":1kgezq32 said:
CPHawk":1kgezq32 said:

Good game UW.

Seems everyone but you saw the PI. That isn't the story of the game but yes, everyone but Whoregon fans saw it.

https://larrybrownsports.com/college-fo ... ton/519552
There was definitely contact earlu but it was a decent no call...WR flopped dramatically.

You hit the nail on the head earlier when you said Hamdan cost them games, including this one. The Huskies had been pickung up yards in the ground all game and I was shocked when they didn't run on 4th.

Really? What possible strategy would the receiver have to "flop" om 4th down with it being virtually the last chance the team had? I'm sorry but that makes no sense.

We have been the benefit of those bad calls too but in that situation it is unacceptable. Important to be honest about it, that's my point.

CPHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":b5mpu7xq said:
Felt bad for Eason, he outplayed Herbert.

Both are the same guy. Big arm, make some great plays but both miss way to many open WR. Imo both are going to get drafted high, start because that's what highly drafted QB do. Then they'll both be backups for 8 years.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":21imt7w4 said:
DomeHawk":21imt7w4 said:

Both are the same guy. Big arm, make some great plays but both miss way to many open WR. Imo both are going to get drafted high, start because that's what highly drafted QB do. Then they'll both be backups for 8 years.
Have to agree..

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pac-12 refs make NFL officials look competent and that's saying something.

Does this shed light on why there was no DPI on UW's last play?

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

CPHawk":vnw4e6zt said:
DomeHawk":vnw4e6zt said:

The same thing could have been said about Tom Brady except to a much larger degree.

Eason completed over 76% of his passes against a team that hadn't given up anything all year. How is that "missing way to [sic] many open WR's."

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
He didn't make the plays that counted. I like Herbert but I don't get the hype. Shough will be much better.

Cristobal 2-0 vs Peterson.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Allweatherfan":2f13prl1 said:
He didn't make the plays that counted. I like Herbert but I don't get the hype. Shough will be much better.

Herbert has four years of starting and he still makes the same mistakes. Watch that game, constantly overthrowing his receivers. Same exact thing for four years straight.

Eason has been slow to his reads but has shown improvement in that area. The coaches cost us this game two years in a row.

CPHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1awnw2qv said:
Allweatherfan":1awnw2qv said:

Herbert has four years of starting and he still makes the same mistakes. Watch that game, constantly overthrowing his receivers. Same exact thing for four years straight.

Eason has been slow to his reads but has shown improvement in that area. The coaches cost us this game two years in a row.

Uw has never lost to UO, UO just gets lucky. Domes logic.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

CPHawk":2jtcnp9j said:
DomeHawk":2jtcnp9j said:
Allweatherfan":2jtcnp9j said:

Uw has never lost to UO, UO just gets lucky. Domes logic.

I am willing to grant that Oregon made the plays when they needed to and UW didn't, but it still doesn't account for the fact that we ran the same INCREDIBLY stupid play three times when it was clearly shown that it wouldn't work after the first time.

Jville

Reaction score
Good follow up to the game >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=157966[/urltargetblank]