Updated prediction now that Harvin won't play

seadoc30

Reaction score
15-12 Seahawks.
Suddenly, I just don't trust Wilson anymore. Td for Lynch, and 3 field goals from Houshka because of great field position thanks to the defense. No turnovers and no long scrambles from the Ostrich, we should hold on to this one.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
kf3339":1a8vtboo said:
The_Z_Man":1a8vtboo said:
FlyingGreg":1a8vtboo said:
By "true fans" do you mean the ones that aren't jumping ship now that a player that has played all of a few quarters on the field this season isn't going to play and yet that somehow means we have no chance?

I mean, fans that will be be fans and won't be bailing on the team, and finger pointing and blaming this or that "Wilson too short, Bevel is an idiot" after a tough loss.

Sometimes the other team is just better.

The Seahawks and 49ers are dead even when both teams have their top receivers. The two BEST receivers on Seattle ... Rice, and Harvin, are both out.

The 49ers are the better team when they have all their weapons, and we don't. It's pretty basic stuff.

I'm glad they will have "All of their weapons" so when we beat the crap out of them again it will hurt even more.

But they are missing a FB in this game. So prepare yourself if the Hawks win by three scores...Because a healthy fullback would clearly account for that kind of swing, if only they were playing.

kf3339

Reaction score
^ This and that equipment manager who went down with a hang nail the other day and has been ruled out for the Sunday game. :sarcasm_off:

Crabhawk

Reaction score
seadoc30":15ktbnnn said:
15-12 Seahawks.
Suddenly, I just don't trust Wilson anymore. Td for Lynch, and 3 field goals from Houshka because of great field position thanks to the defense. No turnovers and no long scrambles from the Ostrich, we should hold on to this one.
We miss the extra point?

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1xo5se2i said:
FlyingGreg":1xo5se2i said:
By "true fans" do you mean the ones that aren't jumping ship now that a player that has played all of a few quarters on the field this season isn't going to play and yet that somehow means we have no chance?

I mean, fans that will be be fans and won't be bailing on the team, and finger pointing and blaming this or that "Wilson too short, Bevel is an idiot" after a tough loss.

Sometimes the other team is just better.

The Seahawks and 49ers are dead even when both teams have their top receivers. The two BEST receivers on Seattle ... Rice, and Harvin, are both out.

The 49ers are the better team when they have all their weapons, and we don't. It's pretty basic stuff.

How can you call Harvin one of the best receivers on the Seahawks since he has only FOUR career catches with the team with a grand total of 38 yards receiving?

You need to get over it. You have achieved the best record in the NFL without Harvin being any factor whatsoever. There is no indication that Harvin would be a factor at all.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Not particularly enamored with your team currently Guido but that's not your fault and doesn't reflect on you. Anyway that aside what's your prediction knowing this news?

Crabhawk

Reaction score
jdemps":3eyz6fuv said:
Harvin kicks PATs now so we'll just forfeit that point.
Dammit Percival! Takes his $ and leaves our PAT game in shambles.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1a7r9wc3 said:
Not particularly enamored with your team currently Guido but that's not your fault and doesn't reflect on you. Anyway that aside what's your prediction knowing this news?

I have never seen Harvin as being a factor for your team. I fully expect the Seahawks to move on to the Super Bowl.

As for the Saints part in this "drama", Harvin's history has been that of a delicate player with spurts of potential dampened by disappointment. Harvin has a history of putting himself into harms way. Some players have the ability to minimize damage. Others, like Harvin, seem to always take it full on. As for his place on your roster, he was worth a gamble, but the success of your team has nothing whatsoever to do with him.

I repeat, he only has four catches in his entire career as a Seahawk. He has contributed a grand total of 38 yards of offense as a Seattle product. Trying to validate his potential presence is a slight to the players that have brought your team to this place they enjoy today.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":c4p9rzd4 said:
MizzouHawkGal":c4p9rzd4 said:

I have never seen Harvin as being a factor for your team. I fully expect the Seahawks to move on to the Super Bowl.

As for the Saints part in this "drama", Harvin's history has been that of a delicate player with spurts of potential dampened by disappointment. Harvin has a history of putting himself into harms way. Some players have the ability to minimize damage. Others, like Harvin, seem to always take it full on. As for his place on your roster, he was worth a gamble, but the success of your team has nothing whatsoever to do with him.

I repeat, he only has four catches in his entire career as a Seahawk. He has contributed a grand total of 38 yards of offense as a Seattle product. Trying to validate his potential presence is a slight to the players that have brought your team to this place they enjoy today.
Thanks for the reply I happen to agree for this year he's the cherry on top of the sundae. What we. miss is Sidney Rice and big.We need to draft a bigger WR.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3guygqy0 said:
AsylumGuido":3guygqy0 said:
How can you call Harvin one of the best receivers on the Seahawks since he has only FOUR career catches with the team with a grand total of 38 yards receiving?

You need to get over it. You have achieved the best record in the NFL without Harvin being any factor whatsoever. There is no indication that Harvin would be a factor at all.

You're asking me to be logical, that's not my move.

I've been underestimating this Seahawk team for the last two seasons. I see no reason to stop now.
Only Blitzer gets to do that!.:)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3nbyjdb0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3nbyjdb0 said:
Only Blitzer gets to do that!.:)

Well, I'm sure that in any given fan-base, there are always going to be a few people who are wired this way.
True. Promise me something, when you're proven wrong this Sunday can you please enjoy it? Not sure if Blitzer is programmed that way or if his OS is compatible with the recent updates and patches.:)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
So do or say nothing stupid. This isn't Atlanta, it's not our second eastcoast game (which not even San Francisco had to do) it's a home game and a late game no less. You have to KNOW how we do in late games that are nationally broadcast? Also this isn't 1966 when Kansas City accomplished what San Francisco is up against.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't think it changes much. I still like my prediction of

23-12. I give the Niners 4 FG's.

This is about individual matchups. It honestly doesn't matter what the Niners did to Carolina, Arizona, GB, etc. Know why ? We don't have any of those players on our team. They didn't have our players on their team.

We don't have to cover Boldin, Crabtree and Davis all at once. Know why ? Kaepernick isn't going to distribute to all 3 of them. He decides where he's going to go and hits 2 reads. Look at all the stats: no one has ever seen Crabs, Boldin and Davis all have great games. You'll see Boldin or Crabtree or Davis have a monster game, then another guy has a good game.

We manage to run well on the Niners. Lynch is the most successful RB against that team. I think Wilson will run a bit more, and I think they get Willson involved a little more and get that speed matched up on LBers.

The Niners have to be road weary, and this is the hardest place to play, saved until last. If we get up on them, or the momentum swings to us early, it's going to get into their heads.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
And as of this news...the spread doesn't budge an inch. Same as when he was scratched before the regular season game against the Saints. The sharps don't significantly figure Harvin into our value, either overall or in this game. I realize that many like to shrug off the betting market as not being meaningful when it is in fact the most objective power ranking in existence, but the fact that it didn't move as a result of this news is as much as I need to know about how bad it is.

Certainly I'd rather he was playing, but I'm not going to be weird and freak out like that Z_Blitzer above or whatever his name is.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Luckily my original prediction was without Harvin or assuming he would play poorly. Was anyone really expecting him to do anything? The man seems to be quite Brittle unless the Saints really were headhunting :(

Anyway here's my original prediction and still sounds about right to me even with this news.

If Kaepernick has at least 2 interceptions though I could see it (blowout), that's pretty much the only way. It's possible but for some reason I'm thinking we might only get 1 interception this time making it a close game. If we have no interceptions the game becomes a tossup.

I predicted 23-20 for the Seahawks Vs Saints which would have been the score if they made the 2 FG's so I think that was a decent prediction.

Gonna put on my thinking cap and try to predict Seahawks vs 49ers game. Thinking cap tonight = chugging beer while attempting to meditate and visualize the game simultaneously

Ugh... OK I think I got it and I'm sorry to say it is not pretty

1st Half:

- 49ers start with the ball get stuffed with one or two first downs tops have to punt.

- Seahawks receive punt but not a great punt return. Make a little progress but have to punt just out of FG range.

- 49ers receive punt. Two or 3 nice catches leads them to the first score of game SF is leading 7-0 after burning a lot of clock with many runs mixed in.

- Seahawks get kickoff return, if Harvin does play it's not his best moment. This drive ends with another punt, after another grinding drive which we may need some favorable penalties for a first down or two. Pretty pathetic offensive drive and Seahawks panic ensues as we punt.

- 49ers take the ball march it down field slowly burning the clock down while looking really strong for another touchdown. No big gains but just steady first downs they look really strong. Our defense comes through for us with a clutch stop forcing them to go for a field goal. San Fransisco is up 10-0

- Another horrible kick return puts us at the 25 yard line if we are lucky perhaps a fair catch and we are at the 20. We are struggling to click on offense but Beast Mode ain't going down like that. He is our main catalyst as suddenly our run game get's going for the first time all game. Tate and Baldwin also make some nice plays (not sure if Harvin will play but he could be a factor). We finally score a touchdown on this drive.

- Unclear if there was very little time left or if no more scores but the first half ends with no more points.

2nd Half: 49ers lead 10-7

- Seahawks receive the ball but can't make anything happen.

- 49ers get the ball drive it down the field burning lots of clock (consistent theme this game). They end up getting a field goal on another solid drive that we have a clutch defensive stop. 49ers lead 13-7.

- Seahawks get stuffed again.

- 49ers have to punt for a change.

- With less than 20 minutes to play the Seahawks finally pull through and make it happen on offense scoring a touch down. Seahawks go up 14-13.

- 49ers respond right back and score a touchdown of their own and are now leading 20-14.

- With time winding down the Seahawks somehow manage to make 2 more field goals one of which might be thanks to an interception or fumble recovery. 49er's can't quite score but come scary close possibly failing on 4th down as they try to get within field goal range.

Overtime: Tied game 20-20

- 49ers get the ball to our horror. Here is where it get's a little hazy for me. I see two possible outcomes.

1) 49ers score a FG followed by Seahawks scoring a Touchdown.

2) Intercept Kaepernick for either a pick 6 or a resulting FG.

So final prediction 26-20 Seahawks win! (don't kick extra point if you score touchdown in overtime correct?)

Another possibility I'm seeing is 23-20 which strangely is the same as my Seahawks vs. Saints score, but the way they arrived at those totals is completely different so I'm thinking that's just a coincidence. Also possible 26-23.

Disclaimer: This prediction is based on 1 or fewer Kaepernick interceptions before overtime. And most likely Harvin doesn't play or he just doesn't play as well as we had hoped.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
23-16 Hawks. As reported on another thread NFLN is calling out officials before the game as it relates to how the LOB plays physical. The setup is in place already. They will call it tight and that will hurt our team which is why Frisco will score 16. Fortunately, Russ will overcome the refereeing. Now, can he do so when the league does the same shit in the Superb Owl if the Donkeys get there so they can assure Manning "cements his legacy"?

BTW, hope I'm wrong about the officiating but if they're already setting it up on NFLN, it does NOT bode well.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, I hope it's called both ways if they do that.

If anyone can, rewatch the Niners and Carolina game. There were times Ted Ginn Jr. was running with his jersey pulled out full extension behind him by the db and no flags at all.

They had a PI called (holding while ball is in the air) as a defensive holding call and it cost the Panthers about 20 yards. The color commentator that game was saying that the officials don't even know how to call things.

Harbaugh is not a stupid coach. He knows they let play get more physical in the playoffs so I'm sure he instructed his guys to get more physical with the WRs. He's also a whining hypocrite, so he'll point it out to the media all the while his guys do it (precedent here: the read option hits on the QB. He flipped out and petitioned the league about it...the very next game Ahmad Brooks was levelling Wilson after the handoffs in said formation). Pete takes the high road, I wish just once he'd say something like "he, watch the Niners' DBs in the playoffs. Call it both ways".

It does seem like everyone is all the sudden on the LOB about how they play. Being the media, it's so blown out of proportion that it's stupid. We're the most penalized secondary in the league. It's already being called. I'm going to be pissed if we get a rash of ticky tack and bad calls against us this game.