Update: Lynch ruled OUT Sunday

massari

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2hmykxvl said:
massari":2hmykxvl said:
ESPN the worldwide leader in sports doesn't know about Thomas Rawls yet. From their twitter:

Playoff teams missing starting RB from Week 1
Chiefs- Jamaal Charles
Texans- Arian Foster
Steelers- Bell/Williams
Seahawks- Marshawn Lynch

ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) January 9, 2016

Their info looks correct. Rawls didn't start week 1, Lynch did.
They listed Bell/Williams for Pittsburgh but Bell didn't start week 1.

King Dog

Reaction score
You guys are hilarious. When's the last time he didn't play other than this injury - Cleveland years ago? Lynch's last game was November 15th and then surgery. If he could play he would play. By all accounts he has been busting his arse to get back...The fact that he's not on IR speaks volumes.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
massari":ixswsimj said:
Seanhawk":ixswsimj said:
massari":ixswsimj said:
ESPN the worldwide leader in sports doesn't know about Thomas Rawls yet. From their twitter:

Chiefs- Jamaal Charles
Texans- Arian Foster
Steelers- Bell/Williams
Seahawks- Marshawn Lynch

Probably because Bell would have started had he not been suspended. Rawls wasn't even a blip on anyone's radar week 1.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
massari":3l5ntsq5 said:
Seanhawk":3l5ntsq5 said:
massari":3l5ntsq5 said:

Chiefs- Jamaal Charles
Texans- Arian Foster
Steelers- Bell/Williams
Seahawks- Marshawn Lynch

Bell wasn't out because of injury though.. so he was by definition the "starter"

Schubie

Reaction score
I literally never post but has this guy not earned the benefit of the doubt? I mean he has arguably the 3 most iconic, memorable, and important runs in franchise history, not to mention he's a LEGENDARY character that we will all be telling our grandchildren about when they ask about the 24 hanging from the rafters. So why would ANYONE question his heart, dedication, or sincerity? If he says he can't go, he can't go. Let's just hope we win this week so we can see Beast Mode against Carolina. Every down this one-of-a-kind LEGEND plays for us is a blessing. Just be grateful he's ours and enjoy the ride.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
What worries me the most is that it seems like they prepared all week with the idea that he was gonna be available. Now that he is not, how much does it affect the game plan that was put in place?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2fvkgmua said:
Well this sucks.........this news really hurts.........I'm more nervous about this game now.

I would be nervous if you weren't nervous.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Schubie":2cm3fhey said:
I literally never post but has this guy not earned the benefit of the doubt? I mean he has arguably the 3 most iconic, memorable, and important runs in franchise history, not to mention he's a LEGENDARY character that we will all be telling our grandchildren about when they ask about the 24 hanging from the rafters. So why would ANYONE question his heart, dedication, or sincerity? If he says he can't go, he can't go. Let's just hope we win this week so we can see Beast Mode against Carolina. Every down this one-of-a-kind LEGEND plays for us is a blessing. Just be grateful he's ours and enjoy the ride.
This

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Hopefully he (as well as the Seahawks) are a go next week.

I'm sure he's aware where he stands in all-time postseason rushing and that his chances to move up the list are running out.

1. Emmitt Smith 1,586
2. Franco Harris 1,556
3. Thurman Thomas 1,442
4. Tony Dorsett 1,383
5. Marcus Allen 1,347
6. Terrell Davis 1,140
7. John Riggins 996
8. Marshawn Lynch 917

If he doesn't feel like he's ready, I'll take that at face value. Playing with that injury in sub-zero temps sounds like a sure fire way to end his, and possibly the 'Hawks season. We can get this one without him.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Crazy outrage here.... Sucks to not have lynch but our Hawks can win. Let's go!!
Get better Marshawn.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3mxwbmu0 said:
What worries me the most is that it seems like they prepared all week with the idea that he was gonna be available. Now that he is not, how much does it affect the game plan that was put in place?
My guess, very little. First of all I never thought for one minute he was going to get 25 carries in zero degree weather. And secondly, Pete and the staff really do believe in next man up and considering Michael has run well recently I believe he's trusted to perform.

We may see a bit more passing thsn might have been the case, but I dont think they'll be throwing it all over the yard.

Hawks still got this folks.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
253hawk":25xfpucm said:
ShaunPope":25xfpucm said:
Gotta be effing kidding me. How did he go from feeling and looking great in 3 days of practice to being ruled out. Son of a bitch. Huge hit to our playoff chances.

RobDaHawk":25xfpucm said:
There goes the postseason. I'm not optimistic at all about this.

Uh...did you guys not watch the past 7 games where we didn't have him at all? He hasn't even really done much this season anyway; it's all been Rawls.

Those games were largely against cupcake competition.

Yes, Minnesota will be amongst that cupcake competition despite their playoff status. But Carolina and Arizona, those will be tough.

slateman77

Reaction score
While I was really looking forward to some BeastMode...I'm glad he's not playing if he doesn't think he's ready. Wouldn't want him to aggravate his injury and miss the remaining games. Hopefully with another weeks rehab he'll be ready to go against Carolina....With that said I have to say my confidence level dropped a few notches....but we've done well without him and we'll continue to do so....No sky falling here...!!!

rideaducati

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2x952fwo said:
253hawk":2x952fwo said:
ShaunPope":2x952fwo said:
Gotta be effing kidding me. How did he go from feeling and looking great in 3 days of practice to being ruled out. Son of a bitch. Huge hit to our playoff chances.

RobDaHawk":2x952fwo said:
There goes the postseason. I'm not optimistic at all about this.

Uh...did you guys not watch the past 7 games where we didn't have him at all? He hasn't even really done much this season anyway; it's all been Rawls.

Those games were largely against cupcake competition.

So is this game... I expect Marshawn to play next week against the Prancers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1p2aehuy said:
Everybody is saying we'll be fine with Christine Michael and Bryce Brown ... and we will ... but let's not forget Freddie Jackson. He's used to playing in the cold not only in his long run in Buffalo, but the guy's a product of Coe College, which is just down the road in Iowa. Remember the nice one-handed catch he had in the first go-round against the Vikes. Expect more of that.
Excellent point! :th2thumbs:

Rocket

Reaction score
SeahawkPQ":2gcwm06q said:
Bitch mode.
I loved this one. Wish I saw it as written.

EDIT: Not the dude, but the fans... Duh.

Any of you freakin' doubters remember the dude cramping or having back or leg spasms or puking, getting worked on on the sideline during halftime so he doesn't cramp worse, playin' with back pain... running over a hundred yards thru a couple couple hundred pound dudes.
I believe he's proven his worth... and his toughness.

Bitch mode indeed. :pukeface: