Ugg...Go Cowboys...Puke

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
I am a life long Seahawks fan. My first game was the Seahawks first win against the Atlanta Falcons. We won 30-13 iirc.
In 2013, after we signed Bennett and Avril, I was telling everyone I know that we would win the Super Bowl! We were clearly the best team from a talent standpoint. I knew we had the pass rush to force QBs to get rid of the ball quickly and under pressure. With the talent on the secondary it was obvious that other teams would have to stop the offense to even have a chance to beat the Seahawks.
It’s just as obvious that the niners (puke) have a similar advantage over the rest of the league. Their pass rush is suffocating. Their linebackers are crushing the gaps on run plays and their secondary is taking advantage of easier opportunities. Couple that with the offensive scheme, multiple play makers and a QB that can process what he sees super fast and it’s clear that if they don’t win the Super Bowl this year, then this is an epic failure of a season.
The only thing that makes me hopeful is that they are this good this early in the season and challenges always come up.
My hope is that the Seahawks and other teams find a way to put it on them physically and make it as difficult as possible to keep up the current level of dominance that they are showing.
We have to face reality. This is the niners 2013 so far.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
A 9ers loss really makes things interesting and Dallas is one of the few teams that might have the ability to do it.
Yea, I share some of your pain - but I'm not "Ugg"-ing it. Funny thing - cowboys aren't even on my list of 'hated' teams.

Dear Cowboys: Please go put the anointed Super Bowl champion Purdy in his place. That would be just great. Give him his first regular season loss as an early Christmas gift.

9ers are sounding like the anointed ones - just like the Rams a couple years ago. Chiefs/9ers superbowl anyone? Please god, no.

F the 9ers. Go Cowboys!

NoGain

Reaction score
I think I might still be for the 9ers, my dislike of the Cowboys even exceeding that of the 9ers. Besides, I put very little hope on us winning the division over the 9ers. If we get into the playoffs, it's going to be as wild card team, methinks. And if that is the case, then I'd want the 9ers to be the bye-team, so we can rule out playing them in the first round.

One way of looking at it, anyway.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I think I might still be for the 9ers, my dislike of the Cowboys even exceeding that of the 9ers. Besides, I put very little hope on us winning the division over the 9ers. If we get into the playoffs, it's going to be as wild card team, methinks. And if that is the case, then I'd want the 9ers to be the bye-team, as I think so we can rule out playing them in the first round.

One way of looking at it.
If the 49ers win this game it just further solidifies their hold on the NFC West. Always root against division foes!!

NoGain

Reaction score
If the 49ers win this game it just further solidifies their hold on the NFC West. Always root against division foes!!
We're not in their league from a personnel or competitive standpoint yet. We're not going to win the division in all likelihood, unless they get hit by some key injuries. Just being realistic. So, like I said, if they're the bye-team, that means we won't have to play them in round one of the playoffs if we secure one of the three wild card positions.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
We're not in their league from a personnel or competitive standpoint yet. We're not going to win the division in all likelihood, unless they get hit by some key injuries. Just being realistic. So, like I said, if they're the bye-team, that means we won't have to play them in round one of the playoffs if we secure one of the three wild card positions.
Oh ye of little faith. It’s week 5! They could easily be hit with critical injuries. I want them to lose every damn time they play unless a win somehow helps the Seahawks. I seriously don’t get how anyone would want the digits to win this week. You do realize if they lose the Seahawks are essentially tied with them for first place in the NFCW?
🤷‍♂️

NoGain

Reaction score
Oh ye of little faith. It’s week 5! They could easily be hit with critical injuries. I want them to lose every damn time they play unless a win somehow helps the Seahawks. I seriously don’t get how anyone would want the digits to win this week. You do realize if they lose the Seahawks are essentially tied with them for first place in the NFCW?
🤷‍♂️
I have lots of faith, just a more realistic faith. I think we could be an 11 win football team this year, even a 12 win team if many things fall our way. But I see the 9ers as a 13-14-15 win team this year, all things being equal.

Weadoption

Reaction score
it’s week 5, this is just the end of the beginning. It’s probably a defense mechanism of recent 2nd/3rd place finishes, but i just refuse to get too hyped until they are seeded in the tourney. Way too much football left, and the Hawks ain’t exactly sitting at 1-3 and ready to roll over.
Thankfully Purdy dosent appear to be the type of dude to believe all the hype, and will go out an earn it each week like it’s the first game of the season.

Boohman14

Reaction score
It's still early in the season. The 49er are upper echelon right now. But teams adjust, gel, play with less "thinking" and more responding as the season wears on. The third part of the season is where you know who's who.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I have lots of faith, just a more realistic faith. I think we could be an 11 win football team this year, even a 12 win team if many things fall our way. But I see the 9ers as a 13-14-15 win team this year, all things being equal.
If the Seahawks do win 12 games as you say is a possibility and the digits win 13 with one of the wins being against the Cowboys, it sure seems like rooting for Dallas to win today would be the best thing for the Seahawks. Then they both finish with 12 wins. Let the tie breakers fall where they may.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A 9ers loss really makes things interesting and Dallas is one of the few teams that might have the ability to do it.
I’m rooting against *allas. Never see such a mediocre franchised hyped for having such little success this century.

Hawks have been to 3 Super Bowls this century.
Jerruh’s kids have been to exactly ZERO this century.
They haven’t even been to a NFCCG in that time.

I hate *allas more than rival SC.
I’m not rooting for the digits, I’m rooting against the cowgirls.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I will almost always root for all non-Seahawks in the NFC West to lose. If the Cowgirls haven’t been a real threat to make a Bowl, seems like an easy answer. Every 49 loss is a good loss.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
It's a disgusting travesty, but a necessary one. I'll even be rooting for the Rams and Cards when they play SF. I'd even root on the Steelers and Wilson's Broncos. SF needs to go down!