Two Teams Going Opposite Directions

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Browns had just enough moments to show flashes of what they could be. The Seahawks had just enough moments to give the Browns chances to win. But in the end, this was a tale of two teams going opposite directions. The Seahawks don't seem to mind winning close, ugly games, and that's perfectly okay with me.

Just win.

5-1 baby!!!

AlaskaHawkGirl

Reaction score
Aros":1zcwuur7 said:
The Browns had just enough moments to show flashes of what they could be. The Seahawks had just enough moments to give the Browns chances to win. But in the end, this was a tale of two teams going opposite directions. The Seahawks don't seem to mind winning close, ugly games, and that's perfectly okay with me.

Just win.

5-1 baby!!!

Amen! We’re far from perfect but we know how to close. We’re winning and that’s what counts!!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
We are getting closer to the middle of the season...and that is where we start to fire on 6 cylinders on the way to all 8. Very close.

getnasty

Reaction score
Browns are a very talent team with a head coach that doesn't know what the hell he's doing. I actually wouldn't be shocked if he's unemployed tomorrow. That and Baker has regressed.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
getnasty":1m5qdxb3 said:
Browns are a very talent team with a head coach that doesn't know what the hell he's doing. I actually wouldn't be shocked if he's unemployed tomorrow. That and Baker has regressed.
Baker was the best player for our D today and that is not hyperbole.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And we get Reed back?? Man...This could be a hell of a season.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
getnasty":3azwnrw1 said:
That was some of the worst in game decision making and coaching that I have ever seen. I don’t know wtf that coach was thinking. The play calls were horrid, the timeouts were bad, and that challenge from them in the endzone was god awful. Then they come back and run the same exact running play that they showed before the challenge and get stuffed.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Aros":3rlcmern said:

Just win.

5-1 baby!!!
Teams going in opposite directions should be the Seahawks and Rams. 5-1 vs. 3-3 and looking bad doing so.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wish I could say the same for the 9ers...Damn, they are looking legit.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Aros":etu5dh4m said:

It'll be a doozy, but we'll win.. ugly, with lots of head scratching and moaning 9er fans.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's not a terrible thing to have good division opponents IMO. Sure it is a little harder to make the playoffs, but we get much better quality games during the regular season. If we do make the playoffs then a tough division improves our chances of making a deep run (also IMO).

LTH

Reaction score
Aros":3is8kaqa said:

That 49er run game is NASTY!

LTH

StoneCold

Reaction score
I dub this season "Rope a Dope". Stand in the corner and let the other team punch themselves out and then eke out a win. Works every (most of) the time. :irishdrinkers:
[youtube]bVseoF1-p3M[/youtube]

olyfan63

Reaction score
StoneCold":187v9nvf said:
I dub this season "Rope a Dope". Stand in the corner and let the other team punch themselves out and then eke out a win. Works every (most of) the time. :irishdrinkers:
[youtube]bVseoF1-p3M[/youtube]

Nice analogy! It does feel at times like our D is being used for a punching bag, but then later in the game they come up with big stops and key plays, somehow.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Aros":3p24pe58 said:

Can we beat the top teams?

IMO, no not at this time.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
The Browns have a brutal 1st half schedule. That said, with the talent on that roster, they should be better than 2-4. They will likely end up 8-8 when the weaker teams show up in the 2nd half of the season. But Baker Mayfield has under-performed in a big way so far.