Turbin Being Signed

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
What Turbin lacks in talent he makes up in knowledge of the playbook. He and Lynch if signed will be counted on heavily. Any RB signed to the roster not familiar with the playbook will logically not be able to contribute as much. Pickings are slim this time of year.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
kmeleon":v9vf7qm8 said:
Spin Doctor":v9vf7qm8 said:
Bobblehead":v9vf7qm8 said:
Spin Doctor":v9vf7qm8 said:
Turbin is worthless even as a body. One of the most uninspiring worthless running backs that ever graced the Seahawks. Very bad signing. I certainly look forward to Turbin tackling himself in a wide open field for no gain.

Not excited myself but, you got any better ideas?
CJ Anderson, Jay Ajayi, DeAngelo Williams (if in shape), etc, etc. There are SO many better options on the market. It isn't even the same offense he played in with the Seahawks.

Turbin is worthless trash.

Deangelo Williams??? You should've stuck with just two names.
DeAngelo Williams was decent at passblocking and was still a decent short yardage back on the Steelers. Even at his worst he was more useful than Robert Turbin ever was for the Seahawks.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
CJ and Jay Ajayi would have been good pickups, CJ did a lot for the Rams last year I believe.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":19wkwvd3 said:
What Turbin lacks in talent he makes up in knowledge of the playbook. He and Lynch if signed will be counted on heavily. Any RB signed to the roster not familiar with the playbook will logically not be able to contribute as much. Pickings are slim this time of year.
We aren't using the same playbook that we were using when he was here.... This is Schottenheimer, not Bevell's offense.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1nnjrpfx said:
Spin Doctor":1nnjrpfx said:
pmedic920":1nnjrpfx said:
We need the bodies, bring him on.
Turbin is worthless even as a body. One of the most uninspiring worthless running backs that ever graced the Seahawks. Very bad signing. I certainly look forward to Turbin tackling himself in a wide open field for no gain.

Tell us how you really feel man. Don't hold back
I like your signature by the way 8)

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2k4zxwgo said:
oldhawkfan":2k4zxwgo said:
We aren't using the same playbook that we were using when he was here.... This is Schottenheimer, not Bevell's offense.

According to most on this board it’s all Pete, the OC doesn’t matter.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":izzn4wem said:
We aren't using the same playbook that we were using when he was here.... Are you sure?
This is Schottenheimer, not Bevell's offense. Oh really?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
They need guys to play in 6 days. Getting RBs that have never been in the system may be tough to go with in such a short turn around. I'm not too excited about Turbin, would rather have CJ, but I would be able to understand this move if its based on that they need a body that is somewhat familiar with what hey do and have a rapport with Russell.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Let's face it...he only gotta job here because RW is his buddy. He definitely is not worth being signed. Sad that the qb has that kind of influence. I question if they are serious about trying to win.

kmeleon

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1spwegmx said:
kmeleon":1spwegmx said:
Spin Doctor":1spwegmx said:
Bobblehead":1spwegmx said:
Not excited myself but, you got any better ideas?
CJ Anderson, Jay Ajayi, DeAngelo Williams (if in shape), etc, etc. There are SO many better options on the market. It isn't even the same offense he played in with the Seahawks.

DeAngelo Williams was decent at passblocking and was still a decent short yardage back on the Steelers. Even at his worst he was more useful than Robert Turbin ever was for the Seahawks.

Except he hasn't played in what, atleast 2 years?

OrFan

Reaction score
Can we cancel this signing and get a folding lawn chair instead? It would be cheaper, provide more, and will not trip over itself.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
kmeleon":20zg6alz said:
Spin Doctor":20zg6alz said:
kmeleon":20zg6alz said:
Spin Doctor":20zg6alz said:

Except he hasn't played in what, atleast 2 years?
And? Turbin hasn't played in over a year, and he only appeared in two games, and the year previously only six games. Turbin's last full season was in 2016. He's only played in eight games since then. In his last season he had four attempts.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":gmaxrgzo said:
pmedic920":gmaxrgzo said:
We need the bodies, bring him on.
We wouldn't expect anything else from you..............

ducks41468

Reaction score
Turbin hasn't even played for us since 2014. Like I get that we run one of the least imaginative offensive schemes in the league so the playbook is probably the exact same, but this just reeks of a PeteBall move, bringing back scrubs from 5 years ago because you've lost all ability to think outside the box.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3uywsr9o said:
oldhawkfan":3uywsr9o said:

Rumor has it, that the verbiage didn’t change.
That in itself is a plus.

Do you know otherwise?