TRE Flowers

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":191hh9zt said:
Maelstrom787":191hh9zt said:
Tre Flowers is not above reproach, but people are beginning to use him as a scapegoat for the defensive issues. Don't Ifedi the guy. Shaquill played like asscheeks his sophomore season - rebounds can happen. Whatever is plaguing Tre is also plaguing seemingly the entire defensive backfield.

I'm going to wait and see on him.

Right on. I'm tired of people pointing at specific players. The whole defensive is trash. Minus a few plays here and there.
Flowers isn't the core of the issue but he is awful and hasn't helped his case over the last three seasons. If you want to add others to the list though I would add poor DLine play over all, that could either go to the players, DLine Coach, Norton, or Carroll (especially Carroll for essentially ignoring the Dline during Free Agency and trying to substitute with mediocre players), and Shaq hasn't been stellar either. At his very best he is an average CB, and that's him balling.

So, yes, it's not just Flowers, there are many many other faults on this defense, but Flowers is one that does need to be addressed. He gets abused pretty badly, so it's easy to point the finger at him and say "problem."

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2n9hlinn said:
jamescasey1124":2n9hlinn said:
Maelstrom787":2n9hlinn said:
Tre Flowers is not above reproach, but people are beginning to use him as a scapegoat for the defensive issues. Don't Ifedi the guy. Shaquill played like asscheeks his sophomore season - rebounds can happen. Whatever is plaguing Tre is also plaguing seemingly the entire defensive backfield.

I'm going to wait and see on him.

Right on. I'm tired of people pointing at specific players. The whole defensive is trash. Minus a few plays here and there.
Flowers isn't the core of the issue but he is awful and hasn't helped his case over the last three seasons. If you want to add others to the list though I would add poor DLine play over all, that could either go to the players, DLine Coach, Norton, or Carroll (especially Carroll for essentially ignoring the Dline during Free Agency and trying to substitute with mediocre players), and Shaq hasn't been stellar either. At his very best he is an average CB, and that's him balling.

So, yes, it's not just Flowers, there are many many other faults on this defense, but Flowers is one that does need to be addressed. He gets abused pretty badly, so it's easy to point the finger at him and say "problem."

He got abused one time. Name another during the cowboys game? His dropped int...oh no...still only allowed one td scored all year last year in 16 games. None this year so far. Relax. The defense sucks. When they get right he will be one of the bright spots.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Tre is the whipping boy.

Crazy how ifedi has good stats on the bears.

HawkerD

Reaction score
There are plenty of drafted CB that never pan out. It is a long list. Tre Flowers was drafted as a Safety with what PC determined to be "Good measurables" for his vision of a CB.

The slack he is getting should be reserved for a CB who performed at a high level in college. In Tre's case PC took a flyer on a guy he thought he could convert to CB. It's simply not playing out. We should be disgusted if he was a 1st or 2nd rounder. As it is he just another late rounder who cannot play at the high level required in the NFL.

Our Drafting has been shoddy. Griffen is the only DB we have drafted in the last 4 years that is barely decent. (jury is out on Blair). Maybe Ugo is a gem in the rough; I am hoping he is.