TRE Flowers

tersal

Reaction score
PFF grade 2020 so far.

OVERALL RUN DEFENSE PASS RUSH COVERAGE
45.6 65.8 60.0 40.1

From what I have seen during games these stats look accurate, time to move Flowers back to his natural safety position.
The Cornerback experiment does not seem to bear any dividends. Though it seems Tre could serve at the very least, as a high quality backup to Adams.

Your thoughts team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
tersal":14hybhrq said:
PFF grade 2020 so far.

45.6 65.8 60.0 40.1

From what I have seen during games these stats look accurate, time to move Flowers back to his natural safety position.
The Cornerback experiment does not seem to bear any dividends. Though it seems Tre could serve at the very least, as a high quality backup to Adams.

Your thoughts team.
Don’t mind him on special teams, never have been impressed with his coverage skills, doesn’t get his head turned soon enough to play the ball. Not a starter at CB IMHO, maybe as a back up safety, but he’s got 4 guys ahead of him.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Writing was on the wall last year when he either did not progress or actually regressed from 2018. Is he even viable CB depth at this point?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Tre was heavily invested emotionally with a great kid from same HS, played same position on that team, as did the kid's brother. Adams joined late, but will tell you it was life changing for him. They dedicated game 1 to the kid, who passed away while on the phone with Adams. Anyway, Tre's involvement has been long term. Stuff like that can take a heavy toll.
It's hard to tell how much negative effect such a loss can have. I think giving Flowers more time should definitely be on the table.

RCATES

Reaction score
tersal":3gwz8j0i said:
PFF grade 2020 so far.

45.6 65.8 60.0 40.1

Your thoughts team.

Seems like he's regressed some from last year. I thought Dunbar looked awful in game 1 but played a little better against NE. I was hoping the signing of Dunbar would motivate Flowers. Had his chance and blew it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If Tre Flowers keeps playing, the defense will continue to get exposed.

Higher likelihood Seattle will lose games.

He needs to be taken out immediately.

Can Ryan Neal play Corner if Adams and Dunbar do not come back soon?

I'd rather take my chances on Ryan Neal at Corner than Flowers at Corner.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's all mental with Tre. He has the ability, but seems to have lost his confidence, and has regressed, much like Tedric Thompson did. I think if Dunbar can get on the field and let Tre relax on the sidelines while getting his head together, we'll be alright.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I've heard talk on the board of Tre could maybe be moved back to his college position of safety. Would he perform better there? I mean, he's been a CB implant for a few years now so it could be difficult to readjust.

If not then, regardless, he cannot stay in his current position. He's just awful.

beastalamode

Reaction score
All tre needed to do was put his hands up on that td pass he gave up, it definitely would have been a pass defensed for him :(

RCATES

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1qpm1r23 said:
I've heard talk on the board of Tre could maybe be moved back to his college position of safety. Would he perform better there? I mean, he's been a CB implant for a few years now so it could be difficult to readjust.

If not then, regardless, he cannot stay in his current position. He's just awful.

He will likely never see the field then unless injuries. Adams/Diggs are our starting safeties in the forseeable future.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
RCATES":3t9ccns5 said:
Seahawk_Dan":3t9ccns5 said:

He will likely never see the field then unless injuries. Adams/Diggs are our starting safeties in the forseeable future.
I never implied he'd start, he would never start especially over Adams/Diggs. It's more for depth and just put him in a position where he can best succeed. That position is clearly not CB, so even if he's a backup safety, if he's better there then keep him there.

RCATES

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":o5z1888w said:
RCATES":o5z1888w said:
Seahawk_Dan":o5z1888w said:

I never implied he'd start, he would never start especially over Adams/Diggs. It's more for depth and just put him in a position where he can best succeed. That position is clearly not CB, so even if he's a backup safety, if he's better there then keep him there.

I know was just saying there's not really another spot for him. At least Blair did well in the slot before KJ ended his season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Flowers is taller and just as heavy as Blair, so yes I think he could move back to safety and become a solid backup at SS.

Honestly I don't care where else he moves, as long as I don't ever have to see him at CB again. Year three, it's not happening.

nanomoz

Reaction score
So, we've identified our 10-thread whipping boy.

Tre had a bad game, and seems to have been struggling more since late last season. And he had a lamentable low-light in a seated position on Sunday. That was almost as bad as the Tedric jump.

But. . . I cut him a bit more slack. Because he also generated more turnovers last year than Griffin has in his entire career. We know Pete preaches that it's all about the ball.

I hope Dunbar is back soon. But Tre isnt going anywhere, and I think he has a few positive big plays in front of him.

toffee

Reaction score
Tre was my adopted rookie, and he didn't disappoint in his first year, not great not good, but above expectation.

Last year, he was exposed after OCs studied his rookie tapes, his performance gradually deteriorated towards the end of last season. The playoff games were disaster.

Feels like he either didn't have the physical gift to elevate his game to the next level or the confidence to. The arrival of Dunbar probably didn't no that confidence any good.

May be he or the coaches should allow him to jam the WR more instead standing 8-10ft away?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tre Flowers is not above reproach, but people are beginning to use him as a scapegoat for the defensive issues. Don't Ifedi the guy. Shaquill played like asscheeks his sophomore season - rebounds can happen. Whatever is plaguing Tre is also plaguing seemingly the entire defensive backfield.

I'm going to wait and see on him.

OP
OP
T

tersal

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2gkoqicr said:

Not so sure of DIGGS he is a player no doubt. However, salary cap constraints arise he is due for a new contract but so are Dunbar, Carson, Griffith and of course the team has to sign Adams most likely during this off season before going in to his final season. Finally a large investment in pass rushing help is still on the table. However we will find out during the off season.

PNW

Reaction score
IMO Flowers need to commit to a technique. He plays in between press and finesse. Either get up and actually jam the receiver to disrupt the route or play off. If you watch the Gallup TD Flower’s should commit to press, he’s gotta get hands on him and disrupted the route at the line of scrimmage, he waits until Gallup jukes and passes him almost 4 yards up the field and then gets a weak ass hand on as Gallup gallops past him, then when Flower’s is beat by the end zone he starts flailing his arms around slowing his speed even more.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2odntlim said:
Tre Flowers is not above reproach, but people are beginning to use him as a scapegoat for the defensive issues. Don't Ifedi the guy. Shaquill played like asscheeks his sophomore season - rebounds can happen. Whatever is plaguing Tre is also plaguing seemingly the entire defensive backfield.

I'm going to wait and see on him.

Right on. I'm tired of people pointing at specific players. The whole defensive is trash. Minus a few plays here and there.