Trade Deadline Nov 1st

QuahHawk

Reaction score
So there are 4 more Sundays before the Nov 1st Trade Deadline. There are a few teams that are already realizing their fates are not going to end with a playoff birth and they should be in Sell mode. If we can split over those 4 (@ NO, vs AZ, @ LAC, vs NYG) we will still be in contention and we have a lot of draft capital next year. I could see us moving a 2nd or 3rd round pick to bolster a position group.

It seems pretty obvious we have a few major holes that are costing us. We do not have the right LB's for the 3-4 Defense and this could be the right time to buy. We also went from seemingly deep at Safety to being a weakness and lastly I think we really don't have a good #3 WR.

I'd love to see a play for Roquan Smith or Ja'whaun Bentley

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
We should keep our draft capital if they're going to draft the way they did this season. They nailed it is the best way to put it. We are not a playoff team, nor are we a player or two away from being one. Unless we trade for someone who will be with the team at least 3 more seasons, I think it's a waste of valuable resources.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
We should keep our draft capital if they're going to draft the way they did this season. They nailed it is the best way to put it. We are not a playoff team, nor are we a player or two away from being one. Unless we trade for someone who will be with the team at least 3 more seasons, I think it's a waste of valuable resources.
We are tied for first in our division

Too early to say we arent a playoff team

Lets see how the next month plays out and then we will know better

sutz

Reaction score
Meh. This isn't baseball. Nor is it fantasy football. I could see them making a move, but I don't see a big splash trade and I don't want to waste much future capital this season. So I'm a soft no on that. Our batting average on in-season trades hasn't been that good, frankly.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Meh. This isn't baseball. Nor is it fantasy football. I could see them making a move, but I don't see a big splash trade and I don't want to waste much future capital this season. So I'm a soft no on that. Our batting average on in-season trades hasn't been that good, frankly.
Our history of in-season trades is what concerns me. However, If a stud LB became available, we should entertain it.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Trading draft capital makes no sense. This team isn't one or two players away from real contention. They just gave up 520 yards to a Lions team without 3/4 of their most explosive players.

A player-for-player swap could make sense.

Rat

Reaction score
I'd like to see us acquire an interior offensive lineman, get Geno even more protection. Also, I would take any linebacker who has ever played football. It doesnt even have to be at the professional level.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Think we have 10 picks available. Maybe one of them could be traded for a KICKER? Myers is liable to lose a close game this season. I cringe whenever it's time to kick a FG from 30+ out.

Or just draft or sign one in FA I guess. But I'd hate to miss a WC opportunity this season on a missed FG.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
The current record is a mirage, we should be looking to sell not buy.

As bad as the defense is…think you could sell a couple pieces and not really be worse.

Easy one would be Poona who is out of contract after this year and doesn’t appear to fit the new defense.

A little more radical would be Brooks and Harris who are both signed through next season and would have more trade value. Similar to Poona, Brooks doesn’t appear to be a fit and Harris will be over the hill before we are truly in contention.

Sure it’s embracing the rebuild and you’d have to manage team and fan reaction, but it’s the forward thinking move given what could be another deep draft class this year.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
We are tied for first in our division

Too early to say we arent a playoff team

Lets see how the next month plays out and then we will know better
First, we aren't tied for first because SF has the tiebreaker on us. Second, lmao.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Our history of in-season trades is what concerns me. However, If a stud LB became available, we should entertain it.
If he has more than 2 years left on his contract or is stud enough to factor a good extension for him.

knownone

Reaction score
So there are 4 more Sundays before the Nov 1st Trade Deadline. There are a few teams that are already realizing their fates are not going to end with a playoff birth and they should be in Sell mode. If we can split over those 4 (@ NO, vs AZ, @ LAC, vs NYG) we will still be in contention and we have a lot of draft capital next year. I could see us moving a 2nd or 3rd round pick to bolster a position group.

It seems pretty obvious we have a few major holes that are costing us. We do not have the right LB's for the 3-4 Defense and this could be the right time to buy. We also went from seemingly deep at Safety to being a weakness and lastly I think we really don't have a good #3 WR.

I'd love to see a play for Roquan Smith or Ja'whaun Bentley
I wonder what Roquan's trade value is, given he's in the final year of his contract, and the Bears don't want to pay him. He wants a pretty massive contract, so I don't think we can afford to give up more than a 3rd unless we're ready to commit big money to another linebacker.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
First, we aren't tied for first because SF has the tiebreaker on us. Second, lmao.
Why would you give up on season in which every team in the division has the exact same record?

Yes, the defense looks to be something that will likely keep Seattle out of the playoffs, but dont let preconceived notions about the team taint your vision

This team has been competitive for the first 4. No reason they can't stay that way deeper into the season.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Why would you give up on season in which every team in the division has the exact same record?

Yes, the defense looks to be something that will likely keep Seattle out of the playoffs, but dont let preconceived notions about the team taint your vision

This team has been competitive for the first 4. No reason they can't stay that way deeper into the season.
Because every win would be a Pyrrhic victory. This is not and will not be a playoff team. These aren't pre-conceived notions, these are real-time observations. Detroit and Atlanta are bad teams and the Broncos were an emotionally focused moral victory. The only good team we played thumped us. We lost to one bad team and almost lost to the other. I don't like seeing them lose, ESPECIALLY not to division rivals, but other than brief happiness, winning is worse for us in the short-long term. We'll likely get smoked by KC, LAx3, SF again, at least. Who cares if we have 8 or 9 wins? This is 2023 pre-season. A winning season for me is the development of what looks to be an outstanding rookie class, the defense for fucks sake learning to tackle and play as a unit, and new team leaders emerging. Every game we win lessens our draft currency next year. Id rather lose 12 games this year than risk having to bundle both firsts to get the QB (or whoever) they want. I'd rather have the luxury of entertaining offers from other teams wanting to move up, or just hammering our picks without a lot of wheeling like we did this year. I've been through more than enough 7-9 win seasons to care about winning a few more meaningless games vs positioning ourselves to climb to the top again.