TRADE ALERT!!! Leonard Williams to the Seahawks!

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Gotta say, I'm not sold on this trade. I'm not saying I won't like it, just not 100% sold on it. Our defense is really starting to come together and this smells like a one year spendy rental. I'm not sure it'll do enough for us this year to make up for the lost picks. Hopefully I'm wrong. Either way once the deal is done, he's a Seahawk and I'll be rooting for him every week.
I personally would have liked some help for the offensive line (guard) but I'm not mad at this move at all. Hopefully he's productive and can be retained after the years over. A 2nd and a 5th is a bit high for a one year rental.

warden

Reaction score
View attachment 61504

Nothing better than a dot net semi-meltdown after they just made our D Line better. Oh the horror.
Getting better sucks!!!!!!!! Plug and play guy, ready to rock right away.

Draft picks are a total crapshoot. Nicely done JS.
They are scared we might be good this year and the team will show them to be completely wrong about Fire Pete Carroll, a huge mistake to draft Spoon instead of Carter, Adams will be hurt, can’t win with Geno. Here we are first place in our division, second place in our conference, 5 and two record, a defense that is turning into a major force. We have done all this with major injury bug especially on the offensive line. There is so much good going on. My advice is quit composing and enjoy the shiw

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Lovely move. Genuinely.

I am usually pretty cautious with draft capital, but getting Leonard Williams on the cheap when the team is 5-2 and looking to make a push is a great idea.

A lot of people look to shore up weaknesses, but I'm bigger on making your strengths even stronger. It's time to build a murderers row on D. Get even better.

Good move. I approve. I give it a B.

warden

Reaction score
We kind of have to. He's due $18 million this year. We have 10 games left, so that's $10.5 million. I don't think we even have that much money left right now.
The Fiants are eating a lot of his salary to increase draft pick compensation

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I personally would have liked some help for the offensive line (guard) but I'm not mad at this move at all. Hopefully he's productive and can be retained after the years over. A 2nd and a 5th is a bit high for a one year rental.
Two years, and NY is likely footing the bill. Seattle needed a DL and doesn't have much money. So getting a quality player and having the source pay for them, costs capital.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm very curious about the numbers and where this player will be in terms of renewing him next offseason.

He's a solid addition to a DLine that will now become a strength of the team.

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Two years, and NY is likely footing the bill. Seattle needed a DL and doesn't have much money. So getting a quality player and having the source pay for them, costs capital.
I mean, if we got a starter without having to pay him for 2 years, I can see why they gave up a 2nd and 5th...

warden

Reaction score
I was reading an article by Brock guard a few weeks ago. He was saying if the Seahawks were to make a trade it is this guy they need to look at

kidhawk

Reaction score
The Fiants are eating a lot of his salary to increase draft pick compensation
That's what I meant when I said "they kind of have to". If they didn't eat some of the salary we couldn't afford him under the cap.

warden

Reaction score
Watching the Seahawks defense yesterday, they were in the nickle about 90% of the time. Three safeties on base run plays, three corners on pass plays. We get away with this because of the strong performance of our front six. Beefing up the front six really fits into our scheme

kidhawk

Reaction score

How is he a two year rental? His contract expires at the end of this season unless somehow the Giants are extending him before sending him over. I find that to be unlikely though. Probably just moving a chunk of salary to a "signing bonus" and sending us him with a smaller remaining contract for this year.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Ah, my mistake. I read that wrong. Thanks.