TRADE ALERT!!! Leonard Williams to the Seahawks!

Lagartixa

Reaction score
OTC contract

Under contract thru 2024, due $5.9M next year

Read it more carefully. The salary of zero, below the minimum allowed by the CBA, should tip you off that maybe you read it wrong.

There's 5.9M of bonus in the 2024 void year from the restructuring they did last year. Williams is a free agent in 2024, as it says on the page you linked.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Leonard Williams was a top 10 draft pick. Great move by Seahawks. I wonder if they will play more 4 man front with Jones, Reed, Williams, and Edwards.

On a lighter note- They could try him at WR too since he ran 4.97 40 which beats Bobo’s time

seabowl

Reaction score
I know not the same magnitude but anyone else thinking of the Jamal Adams trade all over again?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
If it's a 1 year rental, depending on other signings and leavings, if he does leave after 1 year would the Hawks not get a comp pick? Not a 2nd obviously but getting something.

I have not problem with the team taking a shot. Seems to me like recent championship all take a gamble either loading up contracts or trading picks.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
710 needs to update their report then. They said several times it's thru 2024.
Meh, I love the trade, and who's to say they won't extend him.
I'm fine with the trade. If you don't have money to pay a player, using draft capital and finding a willing partner is your only other option. I'd rather see Seattle make a move now when they are in a great position in the division.

seabowl

Reaction score
I personally would not have given any more than a third round pick for him. Decent player but he’s already 29 years old and was supplanted on the team by another player.

rcaido

Reaction score
i think they should have went all in with Sweat or Chase if the Redskins were shopping one of them. I'll be pissed if someone else pick one of these players and we got Leonard Williams w/ 2nd & 5th.

renofox

Reaction score
I've seen him play here and there and he always struck me as a replacement level rotational peace. Solid, but not special.

Averages 50 tackles and 4 sacks over 10 season as a 4-3 DE. Only missed a few games in one season, but otherwise a full-time player.

Seems like a solid run-stuffing IDL in our sorta 3-4 looking defense.

If PCJS don't already have a handshake extension in place this reminds me of the Sheldon Richardson deal - a waste of draft capital on a half-season rental of JAG performance.

For those thinking compensatory pick - PCJS rarely get comp picks because they nearly always sign more high value FA players than they lose.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I'm fine with the trade as it seems the Pete and John are going all in...not sure with Geno at the helm, I'd pull that trigger, but then again..I'm not the coach or the GM. I thought we would be trying to get draft picks IMHO if anything, just to have the resources on obtaining a QB next season in the draft. That's where I thought we would be dealing picks, but if anyone wants to shine some light on that possibility happening for the upcoming draft, I would love to hear what our options are currently.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Two things are true:

1. We got robbed.

2. We needed this guy. The team's been one injury away from being down to two DL for 70 snaps a game, two of those guys haven't been having much of an impact, and Mone's return won't fix things. Pete and John found themselves dealing from a position of weakness because they let too much of their depth go in the last couple years and didn't get enough reloads in the draft, and when that happens, this is the sort of price other teams can charge you.

So just something to think about...when everyone cheers over the team jettisoning guys like Al Woods, Poona Ford, Quinton Jefferson, AND Shelby Harris all in one offseason, this is the kind of result that can happen. DL depth is worth its weight in gold.

renofox

Reaction score
I'm fine with the trade as it seems the Pete and John are going all in...not sure with Geno at the helm, I'd pull that trigger, but then again..I'm not the coach or the GM. I thought we would be trying to get draft picks IMHO if anything, just to have the resources on obtaining a QB next season in the draft. That's where I thought we would be dealing picks, but if anyone wants to shine some light on that possibility happening for the upcoming draft, I would love to hear what our options are currently.
Since RW started dropping off a few years ago, I've been looking forward to PCJS drafting the next QB. I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

I thought that, for sure, this year they would go for Stroud, Richardson, or Levis. They were perfectly positioned to fill the team's greatest need.

Looks like they aren't into bundling draft capital for the 2024 draft either. I wonder how long we'll be waiting to actually see any attempt whatsoever to acquire a QBOTF? I'm not optimistic it will ever happen.

Latest posts