To Suh, or not to Suh?

toffee

Reaction score
Ndamukong Suh is still available. He played a few games for the Eagles last season , although no longer an every down DT, he was still productive. With Suh, we will have two aging part timer NT in Suh and Reed, plus a rookie in Can Young.

Should we be interested?

jman316

Reaction score
Every time Suh came up as a FA in the past, I was hoping he'd end up coming "home" (played high school ball at Oregon), but he'd always end up elsewhere. If he comes at a bargain, sure why not. However, I don't want to be the last stop on a, once pro-bowl players' last hurrah ala T.O., Rice, Houshmandzadeh, Freeney or God forbid, Franco Harris.

Last edited:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Every time Suh came up as a FA in the past, I was hoping he'd end up coming "home" (played college ball at Oregon), but he'd always end up elsewhere. If he comes at a bargain, sure why not. However, I don't want to be the last stop on a, once pro-bowl players' last hurrah ala T.O., Rice, Houshmandzadeh, Freeney or God forbid, Franco Harris.
Agreed.

Um. Just wanted to mention. Your avatar pic with moustachioed hass? FING awesome!!! That’s some good shit right there!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Ndamukong Suh is still available. He played a few games for the Eagles last season , although no longer an every down DT, he was still productive. With Suh, we will have two aging part timer NT in Suh and Reed, plus a rookie in Can Young.

Should we be interested?
I get that we probably need some rotation/depth and some vet savvy - and I was in the get frank clark camp for a bit.

not sure - like to see what we’ve got -

and maybe it’s because I don’t really like Suh or Clark that much. I think Suh lost me after a stomping of some dude’s head with cleats for lots of blood. Clark’s domestic thing always bugged me too. Same with josh brown after he was gone. Felt like I had been cheering for a total douche the whole time.

maybe those are lame reasons……. Not sure who we try to plug in for rotation and/or depth -

bileever

Reaction score
Ndamukong Suh is 36, Jarran Reed is 30, so I wouldn't put them in the same boat. I don't know what you can expect from Suh at this point. He was fairly effective last year, but he's not performing at the level of Calais Campbell, who is also 36 and appears to be ageless.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Every time Suh came up as a FA in the past, I was hoping he'd end up coming "home" (played college ball at Oregon), but he'd always end up elsewhere. If he comes at a bargain, sure why not. However, I don't want to be the last stop on a, once pro-bowl players' last hurrah ala T.O., Rice, Houshmandzadeh, Freeney or God forbid, Franco Harris.
Or Nebraska…

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Depends on price, Suh can still be productive in limited snaps.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
We can't afford anyone other than street free agents. So who are you suggesting we release to get an aging part time DT on the team? One who will likely take reps away from a developing young NT.

These threads always pop up this time of year but this year is seems almost ludicrous given how tight we are up against the cap. We've got our 90 guys and I'm pretty sure most of us know who the 53 will be and yes, we will start some rookies just like last year. You can't have fading stars at every position of need. Sometimes you have to play the young guys.

morgulon1

Reaction score

Should we be interested?
I heard someone say he's only go to a team for big money. I think Huard?

pmedic920

Reaction score

Should we be interested?
I’ve always held a disdain for the guy because he’s on record/film as being an asshole/dirty player.

Eff him, and eff any Seahawk fan that values whatever he could offer over “integrity”.

I want to win, but not at all costs.

YMMV

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I’ve always held a disdain for the guy because he’s on record/film as being an asshole/dirty player.

Eff him, and eff any Seahawk fan that values whatever he could offer over “integrity”.

YMMV
+1

Agressive does not have to mean dirty. Suh is dirty. No need for that on this team. Too many young guys to influence with his dirtbag mentality.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
He played high school ball in Portland, but he was a Cornhusker in college....

GemCity

Reaction score
It would have to be at a very, very favorable salary.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

YMMV
Perfectly stated.

There's some people I just don't want on our side. He's one of them. Integrity matters - well, to some anyways.

It's like how I felt at the end of Team3. I'd rather lose without you than win with you. Obviously it's not exactly the same.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Perfectly stated.

There's some people I just don't want on our side. He's one of them. Integrity matters - well, to some anyways.

It's like how I felt at the end of Team3. I'd rather lose without you than win with you. Obviously it's not exactly the same.
You're right, it's not the same. Russ is worse. Suh is a dirty player and a lunatic on the field, but at least he is real. Off the field he seems to be a gentle giant and even one year was the athlete who donated the most to charity. Russ is a fake, a fraud and let's not even talk about his "charity". He chases monetary/materialistic gain and pretends to be a completely different person than he is and blames others (usually) when he fails. Trying to get Carroll and Schneider fired....never forget. Alright..back on topic now 😜 .