To Suh, or not to Suh?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I do think we need another interior tackle vet signing, for depth and experience.

So Suh, Brockers, Harris, Wormley, Joseph, etc. I think I'd choose Wormley for age and Harris for Hawk experience over Suh.

But either way, one more cheap 2-3M a year DT signing is needed.

jman316

Reaction score
Not sure why I thought he was a Duck.... although he does have a history of being a d*ck on the field.
So tempting to have a GIANT, run-stuffing DT anchoring our line, but I guess I'd rather stick with the youth movement and find and develop our own beast than overpaying for an ageing vet.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I do think we need another interior tackle vet signing, for depth and experience.

So Suh, Brockers, Harris, Wormley, Joseph, etc. I think I'd choose Wormley for age and Harris for Hawk experience over Suh.

But either way, one more cheap 2-3M a year DT signing is needed.
Yes, having a vet NT will pacify the 12s.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
is Suh the next Red Bryant on 1st and 2nd and 4th and 1? I remember thinking that when looking at all the FAs many moons ago, I think he works well there, now, if we can convince him we'll be in the race and he's cheap seems like a win win

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yes, having a vet NT will pacify the 12s.

All roster moves should take into account fan feelings.

I think Suh would be a great pickup, on a cheap one year deal. But yeah, as high as we are with the rookies and the additions of Jones and Reed IMO we still need more in that rotation. You can't count on Morris and Young to be heavy contributors right away.

bileever

Reaction score
Ndamukong Suh played 8 games for the Eagles last year for $2.5 million. ($1.25 million plus incentives--I don't know if he achieved those incentives.) In 2021, he played for the Bucs for $9 million. I think if a team wants to sign him for the entire year, it wouldn't be cheap. If he doesn't get $4-5 million, he'll be happy to wait until a playoff team wants to sign him later in the season.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
IMO whatever value he brings to this team would be greatly enhanced if we wait and he is still available during the season. Signing him now creates a situation where we want to see what role we can carve out for him before we even see what we have in our young guys. I would much rather bring him on if we find out he is a need (and if he is still available) once the season starts. Right now he would be insurance. If we wait and the stars align, then we would know what specific role we are signing him for and we would likely pay less to get him.
This same philosophy works for other veteran DL players. If someone else wants to pay top dollar between now and then, so be it. We are building for the next 2-3 years. Let’s be patient. We could become “THE” destination much like 2013.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
All roster moves should take into account fan feelings.

I think Suh would be a great pickup, on a cheap one year deal. But yeah, as high as we are with the rookies and the additions of Jones and Reed IMO we still need more in that rotation. You can't count on Morris and Young to be heavy contributors right away.

No roster moves should take in fans feelings. Fans are idiots and emotional.

And you can count on Young and Morris being contributors if you need to. Sometimes you just have to live with rookies playing. As long as they aren't CFL level awful, which they'll know by August and then can grab a desperate street FA as necessary.

Okieseahawk

Reaction score
Ndamukong Suh is still available. He played a few games for the Eagles last season , although no longer an every down DT, he was still productive. With Suh, we will have two aging part timer NT in Suh and Reed, plus a rookie in Can Young.

Should we be interested?
Nope. “It’s here and now my friend, not once upon a time” Bonus points if you can identify the quote. Suh is done.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
SUH
  • Height: 6'4"
  • Weight: 307.
  • 40 Time: 5.0
Bryant
Height:6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)
Weight:323 lb (147 kg)

Suh was a terror, now he is a better Red.

pmedic920

Reaction score
SUH
  • Height: 6'4"
  • Weight: 307.
  • 40 Time: 5.0
Bryant
Height:6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)
Weight:323 lb (147 kg)

Suh was a terror, now he is a better Red.
Maybe until he kicks someone in the balls, or stomps their ankle while on the ground.

I wouldn’t want that kind of player in his “prime” , let alone 2-3 seasons removed.

Easy “pass” for me.

YMMV

flv2

Reaction score
In recent years Suh has played DT in 4-man fronts and DE in 3-man fronts. Seattle could likely be his preferred option given he has a business in Portland building affordable housing for the black community.

Latest posts