TNF: Cardinals at Rams

pehawk

Reaction score
I expect the Rams to get ALOT of calls tonight. Cards are going to get screwed...

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3249bzzf said:
MidwestHawker":3249bzzf said:
hawksfansinceday1":3249bzzf said:
Walt Coleman reffing. Expect a LOT of penalties and plenty of shit calls. He's bad like Bill Leavy.

Bill Leavy generally isn't too bad. Unfortunately we just had to experience his worst day at the worst possible time.
Disagree. He was bad in our game vs. Dullass this year.

Already 3 penalties in the first 3 mins. Gonna be a 3 1/2 hour game tonight for sure.

Good, then I'll be able to watch the last quarter. I get off work usually early in the 2nd quarter and by the time I get home, it's normally mostly through the third quarter. Tonight I have an extra stop to make, so I figured I may miss the whole thing. If they can take their time, I might get to see the end and celebrate our soon to be lead in the NFC West :th2thumbs:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Awesome, I am only getting the Spanish broadcast. Commercials are in English.

Edit: Sadly, the cable box just got messed up.

pehawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":zvisl7og said:
pehawk":zvisl7og said:
I expect the Rams to get ALOT of calls tonight. Cards are going to get screwed...

Why's that?

Just a lil theory. Seattle will get calls this Sunday too.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2mag34zl said:
MidwestHawker":2mag34zl said:
I really hate kicking here, but the point about points being at a premium this game is true at least.
Agree. If it's 4th and a half yard, maybe. But in that situation, no.

I mean mathematically it's still really bad not to go for it there, but I sort of think the Rams can lock this one down with 17-20 points, so I won't totally hate. Unfortunately there's no question that Phil Simms is in a state of untouchable euphoria right now over the decision to kick, since that guy lives to advocate for the most conservative decision every single time.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pehawk":yogselcc said:
MidwestHawker":yogselcc said:
pehawk":yogselcc said:

Why's that?

If it's conspiracy stuff, the NFL surely knows that we're the better team, and it seems like it would be better for them if they could prolong the NFC West race into week 17. A Rams win here opens up a strong possibility of us clinching next Sunday.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Stanton throws a pretty ball. Cardinals are killing themselves with penalties. They really can't run the ball worth a damn can they?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":viweumzo said:
pehawk":viweumzo said:
MidwestHawker":viweumzo said:
pehawk":viweumzo said:

Why's that?

If it's conspiracy stuff, the NFL surely knows that we're the better team, and it seems like it would be better for them if they could prolong the NFC West race into week 17. A Rams win here opens up a strong possibility of us clinching next Sunday.

To play devil's advocate.. in such a crazy conspiracy world.. one could argue that the league would benefit more from Week 16 being the defacto NFC West title game on Sunday Night Football.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3uzucoff said:
To play devil's advocate.. in such a crazy conspiracy world.. one could argue that the league would benefit more from Week 16 being the defacto NFC West title game on Sunday Night Football.

Meh maybe so. I mean I don't buy the conspiracy stuff anyway, but if I did then you may be right.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
With the way the Rams ends fly up the field on passing downs, you'd think they get hit more by plays like that.