Tjack or Quinn (Update: TJack flying in for visit)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I like this move. It's a class move. We sold the Bills on him and if we now completely ignore his availability it pretty much exposes our display that we believed he had value. The only part I don't like is I just don't believe he will be on the 53 so the FO is going to have to do a pretty good sales job as to why they chose Quinn over Jackson.

Of course I could be wrong. I haven't followed Quinn enough to have a real opinion of his ability and he may be as bad as some here believe. If that is the case it will show in practice and preseason.

Good luck and may the best back up QB win.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I have an AR-15 nicknamed "Dangeruss". Great overall performance that just gets the job done. I have a Glock 19 nicknamed "TJack". Most likely won't win in a shootout against an AR, but is tough as nails and will give me its all until there isn't anything left to be given. My son has a slingshot that he use to call his "Matt Flynn". He has since renamed it his "Brady Quinn".

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2s37iq59 said:
I have an AR-15 nicknamed "Dangeruss". Great overall performance that just gets the job done. I have a Glock 19 nicknamed "TJack". Most likely won't win in a shootout against an AR, but is tough as nails and will give me its all until there isn't anything left to be given. My son has a slingshot that he use to call his "Matt Flynn". He has since renamed it his "Brady Quinn".

You just posted a post that 100% justifies my decision to unplonk you a few weeks back.

Bravo! :thirishdrinkers:

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3os07x4w said:
Mistashoesta":3os07x4w said:

You just posted a post that 100% justifies my decision to unplonk you a few weeks back.

Bravo! :thirishdrinkers:

Salute :mrgreen:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind TJack being here at all. The guy has played in the system and is tough as nails. He had heart, but he also had me screaming at times. I would be surprised if Quinn is a better option as a backup than Jackson.

I just really hope we don't have to find out how good of a backup he is.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Some people have really unrealistic expectations of their back-up QBs.

Tarvaris wasn't the answer as Seattle's starting QB. We can all agree on that. At the same time, he was a .500 QB on this very team when the receiving corps was in shambles due to injury and inexperience. I've seen awful QB play, and Tarvaris Jackson is not an awful QB. Charlie freakin' Whitehurst has a back-up job in the NFL, and Tarvaris has already proved he's ten times the player Whitehurst is.

Let him compete.

Donk70

Reaction score
I can't believe the TJack hate. Why? Sure he wasn't the QBOTF, I don't think anyone really thought that he ever was. But, the guy is a warrior! For crying out loud he played with an injury for most of the 2011 season that should have sidelined him. I hope he comes back and he's the #2 for years to come. The guy has my respect.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
I'd gladly take him in the fold to compete for the backup spot..

Dude has earned it in my book. The more competitive the backup position the better imo.

Always compete right?

hawk45

Reaction score
Tjack as a warrior doesn't mean much to me, but neither does Quinn as a tape room guy. What matters to me is which guy can go .500 over 4 games if called on to do it.

Tjack is a guy whose ceiling is, I think, .600 ball on a good team. That ceiling is higher than Quinn's. I don't trust Quinn to get a single victory in an NFL game.

Tjack by default. Hated him as a starter, but as a backup I don't mind him at all. He'll never win a game for you, in fact if the game is in doubt he'll throw it away, but on a team like ours that won't put him in position to have to win it too much, a solid backup.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I think the problem some people here have with Tjack is that they honestly thought we brought him here to be a multi-season starter or something. That can be the only reason they would have this deeply rooted disdain for him.

He's not a starter, and we didn't bring him here to be our starter for more than one year. We brought him here to do EXACTLY what he did - man the ship without taking a huge step backwards in wins as a QB who worked with our offensive coordinator previously, after a lockout-shortened off-season on a team with a bunch of young guys. We brought him here to hold the place for the next guy while still giving the team a competent non-charlie-whitehurst QB they could get behind so that in their youth they didn't let a poor season set their development back.

Like it or not T-jack IMO is one of the reasons the Hawks had such a strong, resurgent season last year. The year he was here he kept the ship steady while our first and second year guys developed into the backbone of that 2012 team.

IMO that is the kinda guy you want as a backup. if he can embrace the role, he could be pretty huge for this team.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Quinn threw for over 300 yards and 4 TD's against Detroit and went 19 for 23 and 2 TD's against Carolina and that was in different systems with crap teams. Jackson has had 7 years in the league with a ton more starts and playing time and has never put together a single game like those and he has been on absolutely stacked teams. He couldn't crack the active roster in a new system in Buffalo and was cut in favor of Kolb and a rookie.

I'll take the guy that can occasionally show something even in a putrid situation over a guy that has been carried his entire career and shown really much of nothing.

I never thought Alex Smith could become a decent QB but in the right system and not asking him to do to much he started to shine the last couple of years. Quinn has yet to see a real football team around him and has always been asked to do way more than he should have been. This is a no brainer for me.

General Manager

Reaction score
Jackson likely to be resigned according to Clayton. I'm going to wait till I see how Brady and Jackson look in preseason before I make a decision on who I think should be the backup.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
General Manager":29dzd5yg said:
Jackson likely to be resigned according to Clayton. I'm going to wait till I see how Brady and Jackson look in preseason before I make a decision on who I think should be the backup.

Is it weird that, assuming TJ gets signed, I am kind of excited to monitor the QB2 competition throughout the summer?

That's a rhetorical question. It is weird, but I am desperate for football, football news, competitions related to football, and so forth.

Latest posts