Time to unload Lockett?

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
AgentDib":n6w4yuld said:
This article shows a complete lack of understanding of Lockett's contract. If you are going to write an article about trading a player then at least googling the contract should be the minimum required effort. Lockett's performance on the field is completely besides the point.

Lockett has 4 years left on his deal and nearly all of the remaining guaranteed money is the pro-rated bonus money that counts against our salary cap no matter what. That is money that the Seattle Seahawks have already paid him and whether we keep him, trade him, or cut him, it will affect our books and not that of any of other team. As a result, trading Lockett this off-season would generate -$18m in cap room and cost significant cap instead of freeing any of it. That would make absolutely no sense whatsoever and discussing it even this much is a waste of my time typing it and a waste of your time reading it.

Lol. We’ll said. It is definitely off the wall. The point that had me thinking was how much we’re going to spend for both Lockett and DK. Also, I thought the cap hit would be in the $20’s (not 18).

Anyways…it’s the off-season. Pardon the crazy post.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":go3zpnai said:
This article shows a complete lack of understanding of Lockett's contract. If you are going to write an article about trading a player then at least googling the contract should be the minimum required effort. Lockett's performance on the field is completely besides the point.

Lockett has 4 years left on his deal and nearly all of the remaining guaranteed money is the pro-rated bonus money that counts against our salary cap no matter what. That is money that the Seattle Seahawks have already paid him and whether we keep him, trade him, or cut him, it will affect our books and not that of any of other team. As a result, trading Lockett this off-season would generate -$18m in cap room and cost significant cap instead of freeing any of it. That would make absolutely no sense whatsoever and discussing it even this much is a waste of my time typing it and a waste of your time reading it.

Mic drop. I wish you wrote articles for these sites man. Very well said

Tusc2000

Reaction score
LMAO as posters go through the roster and pick off the most talented and productive players, be it Russ, Bobby, DK, Diggs, et al and musing about trading them for a hope and a prayer. You don't build a winner by dumping your best players. If we're going to dump anyone, it should be the idiot GM who loses trades regularly, drafts poorly, and has built a shaky roster that has little depth.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I believe that Lockett is overrated.

RW made Lockett into a #2 WR, and without him he would had been # 3 or 4.

Latest posts