Time to unload Lockett?

John63

Reaction score
Why? So we want to trade Lockett, DK and Wilson. Lol.yeah 2-15 here we come.

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
I’m not on that bus John :D

There are some things in the article that make sense although, I think his trade value is understated.

It might be a crazy thought but, read it and see for yourself. The likelihood of recouping anything later is slim.

He’s one of my favorite Seahawk btw.

nutluck

Reaction score
He isn't that old yet and it is not like the Hawks need the cap space and who would be the number 2 WR be? If we had a good young guy waiting maybe but not now.

John63

Reaction score
GemCity":1dibf6b7 said:
I’m not on that bus John :D

There are some things in the article that make sense although, I think his trade value is understated.

It might be a crazy thought but, read it and see for yourself. The likelihood of recouping anything later is slim.

He’s one of my favorite Seahawk btw.

I red the article and again makes no sense.

sutz

Reaction score
Gotta love the thread title. Like Lockett is some dead weight the team needs to "unload" in order to rebuild. :laugh:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Nah.

You can’t trade Lock right now.

Seattle isn’t deep enough at receiver to lose Lockett.

If you trade Lockett, you gonna see Seattle draft another receiver probably in the second round.

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
The part I agree with is how much he’s going to cost in 2-3 years from now. We’d incur a pretty big hit if we were to trade him now and his annual $$ is a great deal.

2023…different story… All that wrapped up in what’s supposed to be a run-heavy O? I really don’t see being able to keep both.

I didn’t write the article. Just found a few parts of interest!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'm definitely someone on here that usually screams to trade certain valuable players because they're not worth their contract.

That being said Lockett is NOT one of them. I am very partial to Seahawk players who are consistently good at their position therefore worth their pay and also do not tend to be a topic of drama on their team whether issues with other players, not getting the ball enough, schemes, etc. etc. They just come to work and work hard consistently and produce results. Lockett game in and game out, just goes out there and takes what he's given and he's consistently good. and yeah no drama after each game, not throwing tantrums on the sidelines if it's a game he's not getting the ball. His injury history has also been quite good as well.

So yeah I'm all for keeping Lockett. Few players I feel/felt the same way about, Wagner, KJ, Cliff Avril all come to mind.

The only reason you trade Lockett, if it is time to start completely over. And in that case sure go for it.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I’m always astounded by those that want to trade our best players.

I am less astounded by John always making everything about RW. Just stfu already.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Be5yip4m8hahy71as7skgkk2yp2vbju7mk2utvq63rid200w

I'd trade DK before I'd trade Lockett.

Unless you're planning on trading Russell and rebuilding, then yes unfortunately trading Lockett makes sense.

But if we're in win now spend a bunch of cash in free agency keep Russell and see if we can run it back plans for 2022 and 2023? You have to keep him, no one on the entire team understands how Russell thinks more than Tyler.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Nearly everything from 12th Man Rising and similar sites are click bait. The writers on there are slightly better, if that, than some on here. IMO, they throw crap against the wall to see what happens. The more outrageous the more clicks, the better management likes it.

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
TreeRon":3fclt4d9 said:
Nearly everything from 12th Man Rising and similar sites are click bait. The writers on there are slightly better, if that, than some on here. IMO, they throw crap against the wall to see what happens. The more outrageous the more clicks, the better management likes it.

Wasn’t familiar either the site but, I agree. The author stated they wouldn’t trade Lockett so a lot of it is hypothetical. I do think the salary increase, coupled with what DK is likely to get, may be challenging. Between those 2 and Russ, it’s up there after this season.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Obviously, anyone knows that the way to make your team better is to get rid of your best players. Genius! :sarcasm_on:

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Lockett is irreplaceable. DK is irreplaceable. We need to extend Reed, Diggs, Dissly, Penny and Green and go out and make a killing in free agency then draft a center

olyfan63

Reaction score
Wilson and Lockett have a Vulcan mind-meld thing going on during scramble drill. Wilson would be lost without Lockett.

Russell's defense reading rules when dropping back to pass:
1) Is the bomb up the sidelines "on"? Yes: Throw it! No: Where's Tyler??
2) Run around for 5 seconds looking for Tyler and reading which side to throw it based on DB's coverage

AgentDib

Reaction score
This article shows a complete lack of understanding of Lockett's contract. If you are going to write an article about trading a player then at least googling the contract should be the minimum required effort. Lockett's performance on the field is completely besides the point.

Lockett has 4 years left on his deal and nearly all of the remaining guaranteed money is the pro-rated bonus money that counts against our salary cap no matter what. That is money that the Seattle Seahawks have already paid him and whether we keep him, trade him, or cut him, it will affect our books and not that of any of other team. As a result, trading Lockett this off-season would generate -$18m in cap room and cost significant cap instead of freeing any of it. That would make absolutely no sense whatsoever and discussing it even this much is a waste of my time typing it and a waste of your time reading it.