Thurmond still talking with Seahawks

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2srkhq2x said:
walter thurmond III ‏@WaltThurm3 10m
It's never personal its business, just how the Hawks let red and everyone else walk. Obviously there is a reason I haven't signed back yet.

Get his pot smoking, 4 game suspension whiny a** out of here. There are many slot covers and we may have one the biggest LOB Beast in storage yet, Deshawn Shead....

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Hawknballs":250a0fv0 said:
It's never personal its business, just how the Hawks let red and everyone else walk. Obviously there is a reason I haven't signed back yet.

Wow seems that the Hawks FO is not making any friends this offseason.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1tvy043i said:
Coug_Hawk08":1tvy043i said:
Dude, Thurmond is being a little B. Some harsh words being thrown around about the team right now. You don't see guys Red saying that kind of stuff in public, man. #character

Go do your business in 9er land then. See how their business treats you.

Remember when Darrell Jackson went there and was talking about how the 49ers were going to dominate? haha good times.

The Niner rosters heart and sole are all 30 and over with the exception of Smith, Willis and Kaep and Smith is 29. Have fun Walter!! :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1uw4d8f6 said:
Hawknballs":1uw4d8f6 said:

Didn't when they cut LenDale White, Kevin Vickerson, Mike Williams, Mike Rob or Antoine Winfield either, to name a few. Thurmond obviously is taking it personally.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
HawkFan72":1xml2l87 said:
Blitzer88":1xml2l87 said:
Hawknballs":1xml2l87 said:

Didn't when they cut LenDale White, Kevin Vickerson, Mike Williams, Mike Rob or Antoine Winfield either, to name a few. Thurmond obviously is taking it personally.

Yeah, but it might be a problem in the future. I think we need to give more mid-level talent generous contracts so they'll like us more.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1ghs6myw said:
Coug_Hawk08":1ghs6myw said:
Dude, Thurmond is being a little B. Some harsh words being thrown around about the team right now. You don't see guys Red saying that kind of stuff in public, man. #character

Go do your business in 9er land then. See how their business treats you.

Remember when Darrell Jackson went there and was talking about how the 49ers were going to dominate? haha good times.

This also reminds me of Josh "Greener Pastures" Brown.

That didn't turn out so well, did it?

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
I wasn't impressed with Thurmond at any point this season.

No need to attack him personally ... He is just very replaceable on the field.

McGruff

Reaction score
Seaswab":1j9zh3sk said:
Tate showed there is no loyalty. We stuck with him for 2 years while he did nothing and he took the money and ran.

Goes both ways. Like Red and Clem giving the best years of their careers, and we cut them.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
It must come down to money. If we keep cornerstones like Earl Thomas and Russell Wilson, it's because men like Thurmond were let go. It is necessarily that way. This isn't the Steel Curtain 1970s or the 1980s 49ers.

McGruff

Reaction score
norcalhawk":31mtgrs6 said:
WT3 is really good but it makes me chuckle hearing how happy and pumped some of my friends are about possibly signing our 3rd best cb

5th IMO . . .

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
To me Thurmond is the kind of guy that you let walk unless he really really wants to stay on a cheap deal.

His injury history shows that he's a real risk, and he happens to play one of the positions that we seem to do a better job finding talent, which makes him a prime candidate to leave due to some desperate team willing to take a bigger risk.

I think the Hawks can get more bang for the buck elsewhere, but a cheap contract wouldn't be bad.

GCrow

Reaction score
Blitzer88":yomty13b said:
Hawknballs":yomty13b said:

Yeah, fully expecting some current players wife to go off trashing them on an Instagram post next

McGruff

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1l50pgzl said:
HawkFan72":1l50pgzl said:
Blitzer88":1l50pgzl said:
Hawknballs":1l50pgzl said:

Yeah, but it might be a problem in the future. I think we need to give more mid-level talent generous contracts so they'll like us more.

Sarcasm?

You give generous contracts to mid-level vets and you end up like the Redskins.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
McGruff":36swcpit said:
Seaswab":36swcpit said:
Tate showed there is no loyalty. We stuck with him for 2 years while he did nothing and he took the money and ran.

Goes both ways. Like Red and Clem giving the best years of their careers, and we cut them.

Clem held out when he knew we only had him as a pass-rusher. Not knocking him for it - it was a smart move - but this is the circle of life in the NFL. Everyone needs to get over it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
You guys need to relax on the hate until something actually happens. And even when it does, you need to relax on the hate anyway. He was just responding to some hate tweets he was getting because he innocently said he was going to SF for a visit (one of many).

McGruff

Reaction score
From 2013 . . . Sherman, Browner, Maxwell and Lane.

But I admit I like Lane more than most.

And that's not a slight on III . . . we've just got really excellent depth here.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't hate. Thurm was one of the guys I kind of hoped would work out long term. It hasn't happened (yet, at least) and I'm mildly bummed about that. But hey, we have guys that can play, so if he leaves, we'll get by.

No hard feelings.