Thoughts on Wild Card?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Josea16":x8d0yf8b said:
pmedic920":x8d0yf8b said:
I think we need to win the NFCW, or we miss the playoffs.

How do you see this playing out?
We need to win out at this point and I'm not seeing that happening currently.
We don't need to win out, but we do need at least 11-5 in my opinion to win the division. We can lose to the eagles, that's it.

If we end up 10-6 though we probably sit at a 50/50 to get a wildcard.

The dude who had the "beyond stupid" is clueless, but I think that became apparent with his comment.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I'll stick to my last 8 game prediction of finishing 9-7 and home for the post season. Of course, nothing is set in stone and they can still win the West or claim a Wild Card spot. But they just don't seem to have it. Between the injuries and the poor offensive showing you don't want to go hanging your hopes too high.
I'll cheer and hope for the best but I don't expect them to win more than 9.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
johnnyfever":257qew1f said:
Josea16":257qew1f said:
pmedic920":257qew1f said:

We don't need to win out, but we do need at least 11-5 in my opinion to win the division. We can lose to the eagles, that's it.

The dude who had the "beyond stupid" is clueless, but I think that became apparent with his comment.

Clueless???

You just said yourself that we probably sit at 50 percent odds at a wildcard.

I was defending our chances at the wildcard as well.

I think you are confused.

getnasty

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions didn't lose again but of course it's the Lions so they'll probably find a way.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I think if the Hawks make playoffs this year, they will fall in the first round.

Don't think so?

Ask yourself this, have any of the wins left you impressed with how the team played and executed?

You cannot win playoff games with Russ continuing to make miraculous plays extending the drive.

Playoff teams are just too good to consistently let those type of plays beat them.

The good teams can march their offenses almost methodically and stop offenses from continuing drives.

Have you seen the Hawks capable of doing that consistently this season, cause I haven't.

Josea16

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3v5kge3b said:
Josea16":3v5kge3b said:
pmedic920":3v5kge3b said:

Why do we need to win out?
Too many teams ahead of us with really easy schedules. We can't count on outside help. If we take care of business we're in. If not we're cooked.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Josea16":3p0ip9mr said:
Hawkpower":3p0ip9mr said:
Josea16":3p0ip9mr said:
pmedic920":3p0ip9mr said:

Too many teams ahead of us with really easy schedules. We can't count on outside help. If we take care of business we're in. If not we're cooked.

Which teams are those?

Currently we are the next team in for the Wild Card.....so are you referring to Atlanta and Carolina? You think they have easy schedules closing out?

I dont know if very many 11-5 teams have missed the playoffs.

Cmon man.

Rat

Reaction score
Hawkpower":16n5yvl4 said:

It happened to the Pats a few years back. It was hilarious.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I noticed Minnesota has a tough schedule too. They still need to play Carolina and Atlanta.

Been playing around with the ESPN playoff machine, #1 seed is a long shot. But there's still a possibility for a #2 seed, but very slim.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2k0h4cvz said:
johnnyfever":2k0h4cvz said:
Josea16":2k0h4cvz said:
pmedic920":2k0h4cvz said:

Clueless???

I said if we go 10-6 we have a 50/50 shot. Problem is we aren't making the necessary changes to get there. 10-6 I think is the best we can do with our stubborn coaching, but realistically we go 9-7, which then gives us pretty much zero chance at a wildcard.

We can still make the necessary changes, but every week the coaches put the same broken record out on the field. To look at the way we are playing this year, especially with our cakewalk of a schedule, it is absolutely not "beyond stupid", but rather realistic to see us not making a wildcard. We look like a middle of the road team right now. Our players aren't bailing out the garbage offensive coaching and our lack of a winning strategy has been exposed.

Looking at the schedule, 9-7 is the most probable outcome, but both 10-6 AND 8-8 are definitely possibilities.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1o7v7za5 said:
Josea16":1o7v7za5 said:
Hawkpower":1o7v7za5 said:
Josea16":1o7v7za5 said:

Which teams are those?

Currently we are the next team in for the Wild Card.....so are you referring to Atlanta and Carolina? You think they have easy schedules closing out?

Cmon man.

No way we finish 11-5. Falcons already have the tiebreaker, and our offensive strategy is inept at best and not looking to change for the better. We are heavy with injuries, and could easily sustain more.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1ug1ez31 said:
Hawkpower":1ug1ez31 said:
johnnyfever":1ug1ez31 said:
Josea16":1ug1ez31 said:

Clueless???

I said if we go 10-6 we have a 50/50 shot. Problem is we aren't making the necessary changes to get there. 10-6 I think is the best we can do with our stubborn coaching, but realistically we go 9-7, which then gives us pretty much zero chance at a wildcard.

We can still make the necessary changes, but every week the coaches put the same broken record out on the field. To look at the way we are playing this year, especially with our cakewalk of a schedule, it is absolutely not "beyond stupid", but rather realistic to see us not making a wildcard. We look like a middle of the road team right now. Our players aren't bailing out the garbage offensive coaching and our lack of a winning strategy has been exposed.

Looking at the schedule, 9-7 is the most probable outcome, but both 10-6 AND 8-8 are definitely possibilities.

Go back and re-read the original post I responded to.

The post said the Wildcard was NOT a possibility, which is indeed "beyond" a ridiculous conclusion at this point.

Is it possible they won't? Sure. I'm with you.

Saying its not possible is silly.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
johnnyfever":mb1wkcty said:
Hawkpower":mb1wkcty said:
Josea16":mb1wkcty said:
Hawkpower":mb1wkcty said:

Which teams are those?

Cmon man.

No way we finish 11-5. Falcons already have the tiebreaker, and our offensive strategy is inept at best and not looking to change for the better. We are heavy with injuries, and could easily sustain more.

Wasnt saying they would.

I was referring to the argument that there were "so many teams ahead of us!!!!!" and that they "all had easy schedules"

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Hawkpower":19k1u19t said:
johnnyfever":19k1u19t said:
Hawkpower":19k1u19t said:
Josea16":19k1u19t said:

Which teams are those?

Cmon man.

Wasnt saying they would.

I was referring to the argument that there were "so many teams ahead of us!!!!!" and that they "all had easy schedules"

Gotcha, my bad. I thought you were talking about the original post. I agree that it is stillpossible, but maybe not probable.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Let's be honest.

We don't really deserve to be in the playoffs.

I'll take it if we somehow manage just for the longest of shot chances we can somehow do something with the opportunity but as someone else in here said recently and I warned many times last season, this team is tearing apart at the seams.

Without RW we would be the laughing stock of the league.

Time to reboot.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3pwuqiis said:
Let's be honest.

We don't really deserve to be in the playoffs.

I'll take it if we somehow manage just for the longest of shot chances we can somehow do something with the opportunity but as someone else in here said recently and I warned many times last season, this team is tearing apart at the seams.

Without RW we would be the laughing stock of the league.

Time to reboot.

This seems a bit dramatic.

Yes there are injuries. Coaching blunders at times. Poor execution at others.

But every team can say that. Not every team is sitting at 7-4 and controlling their own destiny for their division like the hawks are.

There are good players on this team other than RW and they seem to still be playing hard.

Lets let it play out.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Tough games coming up. Playing with the simulator I am thinking 11-5 will be pretty safe for a wildcard spot. Been playing ugly football but our current record isn't that bad. If we can win finish 11-5 this team most certainly deserve to be in the playoffs. That is a great big giant IF though.

chris98251

Reaction score
Here is a big issue, no running game will not get you far in the playoffs, that's just the start, no more cap room, can't sign impact guy if one was available or someone else was injured, we have our PS as a resource now. We are on the naked edge of a slide as it is.

Getting through this season relatively intact and our current healthy players staying that way is a win in my book and a retooling next season to FIX our issues badly needed.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2s49mqzc said:
NFSeahawks628":2s49mqzc said:
pmedic920":2s49mqzc said:

Missing the playoffs is just what this team needs to get their fire back for next year.

Hate all you want. :177692:

Missing the playoffs for a decade is just what this fan base needs to get their heads screwed back on in ten years.

Hate all you want. :177692:

Whatever? What codswallop, what perfidious rubbish, wishing for the team to fail.

You 'Negative Nellies' make reading threads around here a pain at times.

Look at the record since 2010, maybe you think that wasn't exceptional?

This team is critically wounded, but carrying on and the O is getting perceptibly better while they are slightly worse on D w/o several key players. While struggling they are getting it done, still lurching towards success.

The arrogance of some here is disturbing, they think they could do a better job than an exceptional HC, who with JS have made a constantly strong team from the mess left after Holmgren and Ruskell were let go. In fact they are still doing it better than ever done before here. I say that I would easily and warmly support changing a few of the coaching staff (Cable and Bevell, but I could never wish losing on the team for any reason. Losing for a decade? Are you serious? If so you might need to harken back to the ugly days of the nineties and an owner who didn't give a crap about the fans or the team, it was for for him just another used car to be moved out or dealt.

In case you negative folks don't get it, it's damn hard to make the playoffs year after year unless you are the Patriots who have the stellar divisional rivals of the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills; and a truly exceptional coach and likely one of the best QBs ever to play the game. The NFC is a genuinely competitive conference unlike the AFC.

Yep, given the records of Philly, Minnie, NO, and a few others it's absolutely the case this wounded but 7-4 team will need to win the division to make the playoffs. The fine records of those three and a few other teams will make it critical to squeak into the playoffs with an 11-5 record. Sure I'm po'd with the losses to Washington and Atlanta, and thought they should have won in Tennessee, but choked it away, but this team's while intermittently quite capable O is flawed b/c they have a weak and inconsistent running game. Still the are 7-4 and have beaten each divisional rival in their house and one at home. Out of the six critical division games they have won each game up to now. If they can stay close to LA until the December game they will win.

Be careful what you wish for.