This stinks...............

bmorepunk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3opicvvt said:
justafan":3opicvvt said:
HawKnPeppa":3opicvvt said:
Blitzer88":3opicvvt said:
Still cannot shake this game. The build up for it, coming out flat, getting blown out and fighting back just to fall short...............it just sucks. I cannot believe this season is over and will be the last time we see this version of the Hawks again. Well, I don't know where I was going with this thread, but there you have it.

There's better things to obsess over. No surprise here. Pete decided the 'new season' should start the same as the regular season, so back to run, run, PA until Cable slapped him upside the head (my version) at halftime. This angle actually has merit, because it was Cable who said (way before this game) that Marshawn would have to adjust to the new offense.

That didn't happed in the first half, so most likely it was Pete overriding him. Cabs is assistant HC, so Bevell couldn't override Cabs if he wanted to. Then, something funny happened in the second half...we went back to what was successful, Marshawn adjusted just fine, and we ROLLED. Too little to late though. There is no mystery here to keep you up at night...same HC we've had since 2010.

I doubt we went run run pa once in the 1st half.
If we would have we may have won.

WOW!

This tells me either.

1. You didn't watch the game.
2. You didn't know what you were watching, when you watched the game.

There were no consecutive runs in the first half (unless I missed something going through the possessions), so how could they have possibly done "run, run, PA"? Zero consecutive runs. They didn't even do run, run.

First Possession:
(12:30 - 1st) G.Gano kicks 63 yards from CAR 35 to SEA 2. T.Lockett to SEA 14 for 12 yards (T.Boston).
1st and 10 at SEA 14
(12:26 - 1st) (Shotgun) M.Lynch up the middle to SEA 11 for -3 yards (S.Lotulelei; S.Thompson)
2nd and 13 at SEA 11
(11:38 - 1st) Luke Kuechly 14 Yrd Interception Return G.Gano extra point is GOOD, Center-J.Jansen, Holder-B.Nortman.

That's a run then an interception.

Second Possession:

(11:38 - 1st) G.Gano kicks 70 yards from CAR 35 to SEA -5. T.Lockett pushed ob at SEA 25 for 30 yards (C.Finnegan).
1st and 10 at SEA 25
(11:32 - 1st) M.Lynch up the middle to SEA 30 for 5 yards (T.Davis; L.Kuechly)
2nd and 5 at SEA 30
(10:55 - 1st) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short right to L.Willson to CAR 48 for 22 yards (J.Norman; L.Kuechly)
1st and 10 at CAR 48
(10:15 - 1st) M.Lynch left guard to CAR 47 for 1 yard (L.Kuechly; R.Harper)
2nd and 9 at CAR 47
(9:35 - 1st) R.Wilson sacked at SEA 43 for -10 yards (K.Short)
3rd and 19 at SEA 43
(8:48 - 1st) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short right to F.Jackson to CAR 47 for 10 yards (T.Davis; L.Kuechly) [D.Edwards]
4th and 9 at CAR 47
(8:10 - 1st) J.Ryan punts 33 yards to CAR 14, Center-C.Gresham, fair catch by T.Ginn

Run then pass (first down). Run then pass (sack) then pass. Punt.

Third Possession:

(14:18 - 2nd) G.Gano kicks 65 yards from CAR 35 to end zone, Touchback.
1st and 10 at SEA 20
(14:18 - 2nd) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short left intended for L.Willson INTERCEPTED by C.Finnegan [M.Addison] at SEA 29. C.Finnegan to SEA 29 for no gain (L.Willson). SEA-R.Okung was injured during the play. His return is Doubtful

Pass for a pick six.

Fourth Possession:
(12:37 - 2nd) G.Gano kicks 65 yards from CAR 35 to end zone, Touchback.
1st and 10 at SEA 20
(12:37 - 2nd) (Shotgun) M.Lynch right guard to SEA 20 for no gain (C.Johnson; K.Coleman)
2nd and 10 at SEA 20
(12:11 - 2nd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Wilson sacked at SEA 12 for -8 yards (T.Boston)
(11:24 - 2nd) Timeout #1 by SEA at 11:24.
3rd and 18 at SEA 12
(11:24 - 2nd) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass incomplete deep left to J.Kearse
4th and 18 at SEA 12
(11:18 - 2nd) J.Ryan punts 42 yards to CAR 46, Center-C.Gresham, out of bounds

Run, then pass (sack), then incomplete pass, then punt.

Fifth Possession
(6:26 - 2nd) G.Gano kicks 65 yards from CAR 35 to end zone, Touchback.
1st and 10 at SEA 20
(6:25 - 2nd) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short left to D.Baldwin pushed ob at SEA 27 for 7 yards (R.McClain)
2nd and 3 at SEA 27
(6:12 - 2nd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) F.Jackson up the middle to SEA 30 for 3 yards (K.Short; T.Davis)
1st and 10 at SEA 30
(5:49 - 2nd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Wilson pass deep left to D.Baldwin to 50 for 20 yards (R.McClain)
1st and 10 at 50
(5:22 - 2nd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short right to J.Kearse to CAR 41 for 9 yards (J.Norman, C.Finnegan)
2nd and 1 at CAR 41
(4:54 - 2nd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) F.Jackson up the middle to CAR 35 for 6 yards (L.Kuechly; R.Harper)
(4:33 - 2nd) Timeout #2 by CAR at 04:33.
1st and 10 at CAR 35
(4:33 - 2nd) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass incomplete short left to T.Lockett
2nd and 10 at CAR 35
(4:28 - 2nd) (Shotgun) R.Wilson scrambles up the middle to CAR 26 for 9 yards (J.Norman)
3rd and 1 at CAR 26
(3:56 - 2nd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short left to D.Baldwin pushed ob at CAR 23 for 3 yards (L.Kuechly)
1st and 10 at CAR 23
(3:33 - 2nd) (Shotgun) R.Wilson scrambles up the middle to CAR 12 for 11 yards (C.Finnegan). PENALTY on SEA-A.Bailey, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at CAR 23 - No Play
1st and 20 at CAR 33
(3:04 - 2nd) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass incomplete short left to F.Jackson (D.Edwards)
2nd and 20 at CAR 33
(2:59 - 2nd) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass incomplete deep left to J.Kearse
3rd and 20 at CAR 33
(2:53 - 2nd) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short left to T.Lockett ran ob at CAR 18 for 15 yards
(2:22 - 2nd) Timeout #2 by SEA at 02:22.
4th and 5 at CAR 18
(2:22 - 2nd) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short left to D.Baldwin to CAR 14 for 4 yards (R.Harper; R.McClain)

Pass, run (first down). Pass (first down). Pass, run (first down). Pass, pass (scramble), pass (first down). Pass (scramble, called back), pass, pass, pass, pass (turnover on downs).

Sixth Possession:
1st and 10 at SEA 33
(1:05 - 2nd) (Shotgun) M.Lynch left guard to SEA 42 for 9 yards (C.Finnegan; L.Kuechly)
2nd and 1 at SEA 42
(0:32 - 2nd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short middle to L.Willson to 50 for 8 yards (L.Kuechly; K.Coleman)
1st and 10 at 50
(0:32 - 2nd) (No Huddle) R.Wilson spiked the ball to stop the clock
(0:10 - 2nd) Timeout #3 by CAR at 00:10.
2nd and 10 at 50
(0:10 - 2nd) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short left to F.Jackson pushed ob at CAR 37 for 13 yards (T.Davis)
1st and 10 at CAR 37
(0:03 - 2nd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) S.Hauschka 55 yard field goal is No Good, Short, Center-C.Gresham, Holder-J.Ryan

Run, pass (first down). Spike, pass, missed field goal.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Crizilla":3nznun2n said:
barring injury, we will be better next season. This season was riddled with injuries and weird stuff.

I disagree with the injury excuse.

We actually started playing better when Lynch and Graham went down, so I'll give you the "weird stuff" excuse, but not the injury.

If we're assigning blame?

1. Off field distractions (Russell's contract, Bennett crying, etc)
2. Hold outs
3. SB hangover
4. Bad choice picking up Cary Williams (he was the main reason we blew at least 3 leads).
5. Injuries

kf3339

Reaction score
This team was inconsistent all season long. I'm sad about the way we lost, but in many ways not surprised at all.

I put this season's results squarely on the coaches and their schemes on both sides of the ball. The players did their best. The coaches let them down and should be ashamed of themselves.

Get the point PC and company?

Laloosh

Reaction score
I hear ya, Blitzer. Fortunately you get to go through it all again though!

Here's to an exciting 2016 for our Seahawks (and for us)! :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
CANHawk":tuf4vxyj said:
Ah, there's Blitzer's "sky is falling" post. All is well in the world.

Well if you actually read what I posted it is in fact not a sky is falling post, just me being disappointed that the season ended the way it did.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1nhm8t0t said:
Zorn76":1nhm8t0t said:
Beyond that - really hoping some changes come coaching wise. IMO, the Tom and Darrell show has run its course.
Those who want them to stay probably get their wish, however.

Yeah, I wouldn't even bother hoping for that.

Teams don't fire their coordinators after going 10-6 and winning a playoff game. It just doesn't happen.

I wish it would.
Just can't believe this is the best we can do there, and the timing is right for a new approach, IMO.

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":st50cvdf said:
Zorn76":st50cvdf said:
Beyond that - really hoping some changes come coaching wise. IMO, the Tom and Darrell show has run its course.
Those who want them to stay probably get their wish, however.

Yeah, I wouldn't even bother hoping for that.

Teams don't fire their coordinators after going 10-6 and winning a playoff game. It just doesn't happen.

But they do fire Head Coaches. Not a shot, teams can get there and impatient owners fire them for not making a bigger splash, Bucs did it, Dolphins have done it, your 49ers.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":13vpwyf5 said:
I understand. The Super Bowl just won't be Super without the Hawks.

It takes me a couple of days to get over frustrating things like this. So, maybe you just need to give yourself a bit of time. For me, I know this Hawks team is just as good as the remaining four. They just failed to prove it on the scoreboard when it was time to do so. So, the "what could have been" plays in one's mind.

Yeah, the Seahawks have a lot of talent, but you only get so many shots. We have every good reason to believe they'll remain competitive and will be back. But, there's no guarantee's. So, missed opportunities weigh heavily. Just ask Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Jim Kelly, etc.

The look on Doug Baldwin during his post game presser is how I feel. But, just as we'll see him looking a bit more chipper again soon, so will we. The sting of the loss is still fresh. It will pass.

The fact that we KNOW this is a special team of talent that can potentially win multiple championships, it truly does "stink" when they fall short - especially in inexplicable ways. It just doesn't sit well. In one sense, it shouldn't.

But, that's football. Onward to next season.

This will be the first superbowl in 4 years I can actually relax and have fun. Rooting so hard against the 49ers and then stressing out about our 2 superbowls....although to be fair the denver game was a party in the 2nd half

Pak40.

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2q6osf33 said:
Blitzer88":2q6osf33 said:
Still cannot shake this game. The build up for it, coming out flat, getting blown out and fighting back just to fall short...............it just sucks. I cannot believe this season is over and will be the last time we see this version of the Hawks again. Well, I don't know where I was going with this thread, but there you have it.

There's better things to obsess over. No surprise here. Pete decided the 'new season' should start the same as the regular season, so back to run, run, PA until Cable slapped him upside the head (my version) at halftime. This angle actually has merit, because it was Cable who said (way before this game) that Marshawn would have to adjust to the new offense.

That didn't happed in the first half, so most likely it was Pete overriding him. Cabs is assistant HC, so Bevell couldn't override Cabs if he wanted to. Then, something funny happened in the second half...we went back to what was successful, Marshawn adjusted just fine, and we ROLLED. Too little to late though. There is no mystery here to keep you up at night...same HC we've had since 2010.

Was watching NFL network last night and apparently the Panthers have been know to jump out to big leads this year only to give them up in the second half. Happened vs the Colts and Giants as well, so while the comeback was impressive it was not unique.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Pak40.":2gz5jnab said:
HawKnPeppa":2gz5jnab said:
Blitzer88":2gz5jnab said:

Was watching NFL network last night and apparently the Panthers have been know to jump out to big leads this year only to give them up in the second half. Happened vs the Colts and Giants as well, so while the comeback was impressive it was not unique.

This happens with a lot of young teams. They seem to get full of themselves and think they have accomplished something a bit too early. It's not hard to find these types of examples.

Latest posts