This offseason has been a total disaster!

Largent80

Reaction score
The depth on the team was a severe weakness last year and they addressed it in a large way. Also drafted some apparent defensive players that will be very good going forward.

Hard to be bummed about it for me. They NEVER had as much cap as what was projected for FA, which is where they were supposedly to address DL. They did with a couple of role playing dudes. Dunbar was a nice get, but now that appears to be gone.

TE had a major upgrade, so did OL. Everyone bitches about OL on here including me, but they have awesome competition this year.

Offense looks good in my eyes, still major concerns with the D. But far from a disaster.

Maulbert

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3tqcz8ms said:
I can see that despite other going by need and position have constructively added to the board while you are homeless guy on the side of the road giving everyone the finger. You should just accept that you are "that guy."

Have a great day Karen.

What a drama queen.

John63

Reaction score
Disaster..maybe

Problem is some dont care, get to the playoffs, loose in the 2nd round they are happy after all "half the teams would be happy with that". paraphrasing

If your goal is 1 and done in the playoffs we could be good

If your goal is improvement get by the 2nd round, then NFC champ and then win an SB yea it's been very disappointing.

But on the other hand been waiting since 2011 for a pass blocking oline that can rank in the top half of the league and still dont have it. Probably never will with this FO.

So taking the of season by itself, without looking at what we have, how great our QB is, it was not a good off season at all.

If you look at it form what we needed

pass rush NOPE
pass blocking NOPE
DB .....if he stays out of jail MAYBE

So still nope

Basically we are no better than we were last year, except our 2 stud LBs are a year older,
our 2 starting RBs are coming off injuries
our oline has changed again and still cant pass block
and wasted another year of Wilson

now on the positive side DK has a year under his belt, problem is we are a run first team, sophomore slump etc.

My best case prediction 10-5 w out in the 2nd round again. probably 9-6 out in the first round, given everyone in our division got better.

Hope I am wrong, but as of now that what is looks like.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
ducks41468":36dmcns8 said:
Wilson will drag this team kicking and screaming into the playoffs as usual. They'll lose their first playoff game as usual. The fans will rejoice and call it a successful season as usual. Rinse and repeat.

As usual being a team that annually makes the playoffs isn't good enough for some fans who perhaps weren't following the team when it rarely if ever made the playoffs like numerous other teams in the NFL. Count your blessings you aren't a fan of one of the sad sack teams.

Nobody ever rejoices about being knocked out of the playoffs whenever it happens but you should note the team often wins the first round but gets knocked out in the 2nd round lately. Yes, without a doubt Wilson is special, but so are quite a few others that don't quite get the recognition they deserve.

Lots of hyperbole and negativity in this thread. You know the team truly limped into the playoffs last season with an 11-5 record. They were one yard away from defeating SF 2 x which would have given them a playoff bye, they were closer than the negative folks accept to going a lot deeper in the playoffs than somewhere acknowledge and there were reasons why their exit happened too. It was too bad the whole RB corps were by then on IR save for a rookie 4th string player.

I suspect this season's team will surprise us and be a lot better than some 'experts' are predicting.

The offseason is far from being over and the team still has a more than $15 million in cap to fix a few areas. The Dunbar situation seems to not be as bad as initially believed and he may not have done anything wrong at all.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And here we go again, John telling people that they don't care. For the 734th time, NOBODY is happy when they lose in the playoffs. Geezus man, give it a rest.
And it's LOSE. Also, the team plays 16 games, just so you know. :?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
You're right soul bro. John's post wasn't perfect. Doubt I've ever made a perfect post either. But a few little gaffs don' t negate the solid points he made. In fact, his post kind of mirrors the situation our team is in. It seems like they did a great job of maximizing their opportunities last year, given all considerations, but just weren't quite good enough to get past the problems at the end of the year.
Question is how do we get better so as to improve on what we have? Obviously the answer is to find and fix the problems. Have we done that?
Doesn't look to me like we have. In fact we may even have regressed, while from appearances our division opponents (not named Rams) have improved. The big picture in Seahawkville isn't all roses and confetti. Again.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Time will tell. However, telling people that they don't care because they don't go full sky is falling is getting old.
Absolutely they have some work to do, and the D is a concern still imo.
I would argue that with Carson and Penny in the mix, they would have knocked off GB. That running game was rolling. Shoot, they were one drive from advancing to the NFC title game, even with all those injuries. Good enough? Absolutely not, but a total disaster? It's Mid-May, way more can be accomplished before the season.
Get Clowney or Griffen on that D line and I'll feel a lot better. Still think they will also add a veteran DT, which is also needed.

thegameq

Reaction score
This off-season is starting to feel like a wash--if not the whole year in general.

We all know P&J will be working to fill the obvious deficiencies. We just won't know how successful they are until practice and real games begin. Brooks looks like the only sure thing from the draft. Right now, the team is more or less the same team from last year; no pass rush, average to below average O-line, leaky secondary.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3eiwevbq said:
And here we go again, John telling people that they don't care. For the 734th time, NOBODY is happy when they lose in the playoffs. Geezus man, give it a rest.
Not sure where everyone else stands on this, but I would rather the team play more than 16 games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was in reference to his record predictions that equaled 15 games. He predicted 10-5 or 9-6 for their regular season record. Nice try though. In no possible way would anyone NOT want them to play for more than 16 games.

John63

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2b0to4qo said:
ducks41468":2b0to4qo said:
Wilson will drag this team kicking and screaming into the playoffs as usual. They'll lose their first playoff game as usual. The fans will rejoice and call it a successful season as usual. Rinse and repeat.

As usual being a team that annually makes the playoffs isn't good enough for some fans who perhaps weren't following the team when it rarely if ever made the playoffs like numerous other teams in the NFL. Count your blessings you aren't a fan of one of the sad sack teams.

Nobody ever rejoices about being knocked out of the playoffs whenever it happens but you should note the team often wins the first round but gets knocked out in the 2nd round lately. Yes, without a doubt Wilson is special, but so are quite a few others that don't quite get the recognition they deserve.

Lots of hyperbole and negativity in this thread. You know the team truly limped into the playoffs last season with an 11-5 record. They were one yard away from defeating SF 2 x which would have given them a playoff bye, they were closer than the negative folks accept to going a lot deeper in the playoffs than somewhere acknowledge and there were reasons why their exit happened too. It was too bad the whole RB corps were by then on IR save for a rookie 4th string player.

I suspect this season's team will surprise us and be a lot better than some 'experts' are predicting.

The offseason is far from being over and the team still has a more than $15 million in cap to fix a few areas. The Dunbar situation seems to not be as bad as initially believed and he may not have done anything wrong at all.

here we go again people saying we should be satisfied with being 1 and done instead of wanting more.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3k87coh6 said:

here we go again people saying we should be satisfied with being 1 and done instead of wanting more. you should give it a break

John63

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1rkg9tab said:
You're right soul bro. John's post wasn't perfect. Doubt I've ever made a perfect post either. But a few little gaffs don' t negate the solid points he made. In fact, his post kind of mirrors the situation our team is in. It seems like they did a great job of maximizing their opportunities last year, given all considerations, but just weren't quite good enough to get past the problems at the end of the year.
Question is how do we get better so as to improve on what we have? Obviously the answer is to find and fix the problems. Have we done that?
Doesn't look to me like we have. In fact we may even have regressed, while from appearances our division opponents (not named Rams) have improved. The big picture in Seahawkville isn't all roses and confetti. Again.

exactly we have not fixed the problems and some of those problems have been around since PC got here.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2mjg6ptp said:
Time will tell. However, telling people that they don't care because they don't go full sky is falling is getting old.
Absolutely they have some work to do, and the D is a concern still imo.
I would argue that with Carson and Penny in the mix, they would have knocked off GB. That running game was rolling. Shoot, they were one drive from advancing to the NFC title game, even with all those injuries. Good enough? Absolutely not, but a total disaster? It's Mid-May, way more can be accomplished before the season.
Get Clowney or Griffen on that D line and I'll feel a lot better. Still think they will also add a veteran DT, which is also needed.

"As usual being a team that annually makes the playoffs isn't good enough for some fans who perhaps weren't following the team when it rarely if ever made the playoffs like numerous other teams in the NFL. Count your blessings you aren't a fan of one of the sad sack teams." form a few posts up, enough said. We shold count our blessings to me that means be contnet, be happy.

John63

Reaction score
thegameq":nvrw9tvx said:
This off-season is starting to feel like a wash--if not the whole year in general.

We all know P&J will be working to fill the obvious deficiencies. We just won't know how successful they are until practice and real games begin. Brooks looks like the only sure thing from the draft. Right now, the team is more or less the same team from last year; no pass rush, average to below average O-line, leaky secondary.

obvious deficiency, like oh pass blocking that has been a deficiency for oh 9+ years. not holding my breath.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Tell me where I said I was happy with 1 and done?? Hell no, never happy with losing in the playoffs.
Dear God man, losing in the playoffs sucks. NOBODY is satisfied with it. Nobody.
I was talking about your record predictions of 10-5 and 9-6. The team plays 16 REGULAR SEASON games.
How in the hell can you turn that in to I'm satisfied with losing in the playoffs? Hell no, never have been.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63 Getting to the playoffs gives you a chance to go to the Dance, if you don't get there you have no chance period.

Maybe you should watch the Mariners for a season, I would think you could appreciate the Seahawks a bit more then.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
this ^
This team has had a hell of a run. Again, that does NOT mean any of us are happy when they get knocked out of the playoffs. But to not at least appreciate how good we have it in Seattle makes no sense to me.
Oh well, not worth arguing w/John about. We've agreed to disagree, I'm good with that.

Nunya

Reaction score
John63":2do7wr6v said:
SoulfishHawk":2do7wr6v said:

here we go again people saying we should be satisfied with being 1 and done instead of wanting more. you should give it a break

You are putting words into the mouths of other people. Nobody has said that they are "satisfied with 1 and done".....nobody has said that they do not want more. I am fairly positive that we would all want the see the Seahawks win Superbowl after Superbowl.

What many of us are saying (which you constantly spin to fit your doom & gloom narrative) is that we understand how difficult it is to make the SB...period. Any team that makes the play-off has a chance to make the SB. In the recent years, season after season, the Seahawks have put themselves in a position to make the play-offs and thence make the SB. Any team that is able to make the play-offs IS a good team. They have the right personnel and the player skills that COULD allow them to make the SB....depending on results of the play-off game.

I admire your passion towards this team. I admire your desire to see this team take home another SB trophy. However, your constant strawman misrepresentation and telling of others how they feel, in order to promote your pessimism, is getting quite dull. Might I suggest you stop telling others how they feel.

Also , when some of us say "be thankful", I doubt we are saying to be content....at least I am not. I read it more as saying that we have a team that consistently makes a legitimate run at making the SB. They provide very entertaining games with plenty of wins. They are seen as a competitive team with good players on the roster.....season after season. While winning a SB is certainly desired, at least they have shown up to make a run instead of coming to a realization that their season is over at the end of week 10.