This Is The Team

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
What you are saying is factually wrong.

You know that it is factually wrong. Even now, it's factually wrong.

You're just conflating pessimism with realism. There is always, always, always a chance until there isn't one.

It's only factually wrong because the numbers say differently, but if you have watched this team for the past 8 seasons, you know that it is indeed factually correct. There is a zero percent chance.

Fade

Reaction score
I am sure the 49ers and Rams are quaking in their boots at the mere thought of having to face Pete Carroll and his sorry staff in the playoffs.

They could beat the Eagles, so there is that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If you're upset enough about the team to feel like you have to deny the fundamental reality of the game of football, which can be summarized in the "any given Sunday" adage, as well as deny literal fact... why even watch?

If it's over for you, it's over for you. Why stick around just to stomp on a grave (that doesn't even have a body in it yet) and cry at others for not stomping on the grave as desperately as you?

It's bullshit, man. It's bullshit.
Not only this, but you then turn on fans who simply had the nerve to so much as acknowledge the reality that an outside chance of success existed, which it undeniably factually does!

Whose side are you on, at that point? Tell me. Whose side?

The difference between you and I is you only get to gloat when the Seahawks lose. Does that really make you happy? That's the side you want to be on?

It's not realism. It's malignancy.

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
If you're upset enough about the team to feel like you have to deny the fundamental reality of the game of football, which can be summarized in the "any given Sunday" adage, as well as deny literal fact... why even watch?

If it's over for you, it's over for you. Why stick around just to stomp on a grave (that doesn't even have a body in it yet) and cry at others for not stomping on the grave as desperately as you?

It's bullshit, man. It's bullshit.

I'm only here for the mere laughter of the product on the field as it's only entertainment. I'm really waiting on the next head coaching change down the road so the team can possibly be competent again. Until then we'll just have more of this.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I am sure the 49ers and Rams are quaking in their boots at the mere thought of having to face Pete Carroll and his sorry staff in the playoffs.

Havent we literally been targeted by teams positioning to play us in the playoffs for a (near) guarantied win?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'm only here for the mere laughter of the product on the field as it's only entertainment. I'm really waiting on the next head coaching change down the road so the team can possibly be competent again. Until then we'll just have more of this.
Look at this guy, too good of a fan for an 8-7 team.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's only factually wrong because the numbers say differently, but if you have watched this team for the past 8 seasons, you know that it is indeed factually correct. There is a zero percent chance.
There is never, ever a 0% chance until you're mathematically eliminated. The above picture is not from an alternate reality, and that's all the proof I need.

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Not only this, but you then turn on fans who simply had the nerve to so much as acknowledge the reality that an outside chance of success existed, which it undeniably factually does!

Whose side are you on, at that point? Tell me. Whose side?

The difference between you and I is you only get to gloat when the Seahawks lose. Does that really make you happy? That's the side you want to be on?

It's not realism. It's malignancy.

Be optimistic all you want and keep believing in that factual chance that's never going to come. I'm just going to call it realism.

Fade

Reaction score
Can't stop Mason Rudolph at home, but the Hawks are 'bout ta go on a playoff run! I can feel it! /s

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Be optimistic all you want and keep believing in that factual chance that's never going to come. I'm just going to call it realism.
It's is literally not realism. Realism is acknowledging fact. Pessimism is denying literal fact in favor of hyperbolic doomsaying.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Pay attention to the individuals who get to gloat when Seattle does badly, all. They're invested in the teams failure, and that colors their perception. Full display here.

Threedee

Reaction score

Right now everyone can beat the Eagles.

Latest posts