This is going to drive defenses crazy.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
mikeak":2ndxh7v4 said:
We should trade for Percy Harvin and then we can run a jet sweep from that formation which would really confuse everyone!!!!

To soon?
Why trade for Percy when Bevell can get Graham to do the jet sweep....

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
QUILCENE":11pd8xws said:
What are those other 5 x's going to do- you know the ones directly in front of Wilson?

Those are road graders to heaven!

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Baldwin? Knock him out at h POA, he's little. Kearse is running a go route, 'cuz he can't do anything else. I cheat the FS loose on Graham, 'cuz he's a pussy and will drop it when close and Willson, with two L's, sucks

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
pmedic920":2ritdrkk said:
The beauty of this argument is, that it exists :{)

We should have a great time this season. Just when they thought they knew what they needed to do, things got changed.
GoHawks.

Yesssirrr! It's akin to going to the garage and saying
"Hmmm, should I drive my drop top ROLLS Wraith or my 458 Speciale? Hmmmmm.... "

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Nine times out of ten, that play is either a sack or one of those broken plays that Wilson rescues with his feet. Baldwin is out of his natural position in the slot, won't get much of a clean release there. That's going to make the safety feel freer to defend Kearse on what is doubtlessly a fly route or a deep in-breaking route. Double up Graham from there and nobody's open unless Lynch leaks out to the sideline.

Having Graham doesn't do anything to rescue Seattle from poor formations and simplistic combinations, which we've been running too often under Bevell.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seriously, you will need to run rub routes and not line up trying to just straight up beat the man in front of you, deception is the key with all those targets. On defense if I see that I stack and use a physical presence to jam the receivers and run blitz Wilson. Making him have to throw before someone clears. Rub routes would let the players length be an advantage as the player would be going away and Wilson can throw high and away, interception chance minimal. Once you show it you open up everything since they have to play honest, but do it going to the outside or back of the end zone. That would open up lanes for Lynch and keeper and rollouts for Wilson also.

Tical21

Reaction score
It's a shame because I really like Luke Willson the guy, but I really can't stand the football player. If you want to get really annoyed with life, spend an hour or two watching game tape while focusing on Luke Willson. I literally watched a play in the NFC championship game where there was a LB covering him, and he ran up to the LB, then stopped. Didn't turn around to look at Russell, didn't watch the play, didn't run any route. He just ran right up to the LB about 5 yards deep in the middle of the field, and stood there. Almost like he was covering the guy in basketball and he was waiting for the LB to try to get open like the ref was going to inbound the ball soon. In all of my years watching tape, I have never seen anything like it. I must have watched the play 25 times. And don't even get me started on his attempts at blocking. Seriously, somebody watch it so I'm not having this conversation by myself. Let's just say I would much rather see this formation with McCoy.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
chris98251":1bybn1li said:
Well as I see it, we line up that way, Wilson drops back, takes the ball and performs a drop kick, Bevell says it was the best way to get multiple plays off in the red zone, if we miss we can try again.

:)

Doesn't matter if the Drop Kick has been removed from the game. It was a cool idea .
Wait, what? They removed the drop kick?

Did a quick search. Nope it is still legal.

peppersjap

Reaction score
StoneCold":1sxoueto said:
titan3131":1sxoueto said:
DISAGREE

sub kearse for C.Matthews. drop Willson and sub him in for lockett in the slot. Then we have a party.

Not sure what you disagree with. I think you're additions create a different play and is also going to drive defenses crazy.

What I like about this formation is it is equally likely to be a run or a pass. If it's a run you have a lot of big bodies leading the way. If it's a pass you have so many targets. Can you imagine what the Read Option will do from this formation? It's just not fair. :0190l:

SC
I think it is the fact that somehow Mathews has been placed on this pedestal with his 4 career catches and is now an all pro in some minds. I hope he continues his growth but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make this team but I'm rooting for him. He had a great game......and he was on our roster almost the entire year.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
blue 22":3a3tk5jj said:
Bevell will find a way to screw it up! :stirthepot:

:34853_doh: you're probably right. Especially if these espn articles are true saying they plan on using graham to block 70% of the time

Ozzy

Reaction score
Graham will have a big year and score double digit TD's. He's just overselling the fact that he's buying into the culture here. Everyone assumed Graham is a horrible blocker but he just wasn't asked to do it. If he can become a good blocker it just helps him in the passing game as well because it doesn't tip what they want to do. I'm all in on Graham but I loved the Harvin trade so who knows.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
peppersjap":1e0bm21w said:
StoneCold":1e0bm21w said:
titan3131":1e0bm21w said:
DISAGREE

sub kearse for C.Matthews. drop Willson and sub him in for lockett in the slot. Then we have a party.

Not sure what you disagree with. I think you're additions create a different play and is also going to drive defenses crazy.

What I like about this formation is it is equally likely to be a run or a pass. If it's a run you have a lot of big bodies leading the way. If it's a pass you have so many targets. Can you imagine what the Read Option will do from this formation? It's just not fair. :0190l:

SC
I think it is the fact that somehow Mathews has been placed on this pedestal with his 4 career catches and is now an all pro in some minds. I hope he continues his growth but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make this team but I'm rooting for him. He had a great game......and he was on our roster almost the entire year.

I also find it interesting that Mathews is getting so much love. I appreciate he had a good half in the SB, but that doesn't mean he'll make it. As for beating out Kearse, we'll have to wait and see, but I doubt that will happen.

SC

akscoundrel

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3v7vxo8r said:
mikeak":3v7vxo8r said:
We should trade for Percy Harvin and then we can run a jet sweep from that formation which would really confuse everyone!!!!

To soon?
Why trade for Percy when Bevell can get Graham to do the jet sweep....

The irony is, I've always known tight end sweeps to be effective lol

But god, no, please no. Maybe just once or twice a year, when we have to throw the kitchen sink.

chris98251

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":ywvg3jcx said:
chris98251":ywvg3jcx said:
Well as I see it, we line up that way, Wilson drops back, takes the ball and performs a drop kick, Bevell says it was the best way to get multiple plays off in the red zone, if we miss we can try again.

:)

Doesn't matter if the Drop Kick has been removed from the game. It was a cool idea .
Wait, what? They removed the drop kick?

Did a quick search. Nope it is still legal.

I remember when Flutie did it they said it would be the last one becasue they were removing it from the game. Cool if they haven't.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Im sure teams will attack those formations with nickel or some form of heavy nickel defense.
(except for the OP's formation, that is a base defense all day long)
Defenses will pick their poison more than ever this year.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I'd let Baldwin play slot and then move Wilson outside. Sub Matthews in for Kearse and you've got the most deadly Red Zone Offense in the league.

Threedee

Reaction score
I still want to see Richardson and Lockett running deep routes while Graham and Lynch keep the defensive package honest. This will allow Wilson to hand off, toss it into the slot, or drop the long ball.