This defense looks legit

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Linebacker play is legit. Brooks and Wagner setting the tone. Taylor and Mafe making plays.

Secondary is gold. Corner play is elite with spoon setting the tone. Jamal adams has something to add. This group isn't done.

Dline adding pass rush and run d. The biggest question mark but the starting crew is more than able. Questions on depth but it might still be there.

calinator

Reaction score
Yeah they do look great but the truth is they are doing this against an awful offensive unit without their best weapon. I want to be optimistic but it's just realistic. I can enjoy the fun in the moment but facing elite units like the 49'ers it would look like a different defense let's be honest. I can say the run D has improved, Witherspoon is great, and MAYBE they could do something against the 9'ers if Jamal Adams could have an impact on them.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
They're improving, but it might be different against an actual NFL offense. They are obviously willing to take all kinds of chances against this mess.

Fade

Reaction score
Linebacker play is legit. Brooks and Wagner setting the tone. Taylor and Mafe making plays.

Secondary is gold. Corner play is elite with spoon setting the tone. Jamal adams has something to add. This group isn't done.

Dline adding pass rush and run d. The biggest question mark but the starting crew is more than able. Questions on depth but it might still be there.
All of that talent and they rank 27th in EPA.